Author Topic: Pets are dying with aging off for non playable sims  (Read 573 times)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Pets are dying with aging off for non playable sims
« on: December 24, 2017, 05:02:24 AM »
Every household that I have added a pet to, I go back in and there is the urn.  I can't seem to keep up with all of the dying pets. I leave the household to go play another and go back to the first one and pet has passed.  Sometimes I wait for the ghost and give them an ambrosia treat or just recreate the pet.  I have turned aging off, but does not seem to help with the pets.  I have also noticed that my vet does not have the patients like they did when I first opened the business.  Just weird, anyone else having this issue.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Read forum rules
Riches to Rags

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
Re: Pets are dying with aging off for non playable sims
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2017, 02:05:34 PM »
Hi Saltypaws, have you tried updating and repairing your game? Sorry if that's a dumb question, but I find I have to repair my game ever so often to make sure everything works properly. There is also the whole reset-to-factory settings thing you can try - I'm sure MrsFlynn or someone else can link you to the steps :)

Sims 4 Factory Reset - (What & Howto)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29292.msg401669#msg401669
~ A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear ~
Origin ID: Nindigo79

< br/>
Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Pets are dying with aging off for non playable sims
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2017, 06:49:02 PM »
If you are playing those households then the aging settings should be: "Auto Age (played sims) No" and also have the "Auto Age Unplayed Sims unchecked" if you don't want other households in the world to age as you play.

I use these settings and all placed pets in my world are still the same age as they were when I added them.

Try also restarting your PC, weirdly this actually helps the game too not to mention deleting the localthumbcache.package file from your The Sims 4 folder.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.