Author Topic: Pets are dying with aging off for non playable sims  (Read 3019 times)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Pets are dying with aging off for non playable sims
« on: December 24, 2017, 05:02:24 AM »
Every household that I have added a pet to, I go back in and there is the urn.  I can't seem to keep up with all of the dying pets. I leave the household to go play another and go back to the first one and pet has passed.  Sometimes I wait for the ghost and give them an ambrosia treat or just recreate the pet.  I have turned aging off, but does not seem to help with the pets.  I have also noticed that my vet does not have the patients like they did when I first opened the business.  Just weird, anyone else having this issue.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
Re: Pets are dying with aging off for non playable sims
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2017, 02:05:34 PM »
Hi Saltypaws, have you tried updating and repairing your game? Sorry if that's a dumb question, but I find I have to repair my game ever so often to make sure everything works properly. There is also the whole reset-to-factory settings thing you can try - I'm sure MrsFlynn or someone else can link you to the steps :)

Sims 4 Factory Reset - (What & Howto)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29292.msg401669#msg401669
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Pets are dying with aging off for non playable sims
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2017, 06:49:02 PM »
If you are playing those households then the aging settings should be: "Auto Age (played sims) No" and also have the "Auto Age Unplayed Sims unchecked" if you don't want other households in the world to age as you play.

I use these settings and all placed pets in my world are still the same age as they were when I added them.

Try also restarting your PC, weirdly this actually helps the game too not to mention deleting the localthumbcache.package file from your The Sims 4 folder.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

anything