Author Topic: The (Extremely Revised) Tunic Legacy - Graveyard  (Read 65093 times)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
Re: The (Extremely Revised) Tunic Legacy
« Reply #375 on: August 14, 2011, 11:32:41 AM »
No worries, we completely understand, and real life comes first at all times.

I got a tad bit worried when Billi decided to give poor Esther a hard time (you also did a little typo there -- I believe you meant to write "Esther" instead of "Billi" here)

Billi- Shut up! I hate you! I will marry him, nothing you can do!

Anyway, congratulations on the engagement, the bachelorette party and, certainly, the grand wedding we've all been waiting for so patiently. I do hope we will meet the new arrival soon. ;D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Tommyo3000

• Occult
  • The name's Piglet. Harry Piglet.
« Reply #376 on: August 14, 2011, 06:46:29 PM »
Great update! Congratz on the engagement! By the way, what town is it? I don't remember reading which one it is.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #377 on: August 14, 2011, 06:53:35 PM »
I think Ruby plays in a little island, a custom world, so I guess all the Sims are results of Story Progression. :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #378 on: August 19, 2011, 03:57:55 AM »
Thanks for all the kind comments guys!
Yes, I do play a custom world, called Ruby Isle (Made by samoht), and by now, most of the Sims are Story Progression. Also, Chronic, I fixed the mistake you mentioned. I always do stuff like that.... ::)

AnnBeiFong, thanks for the kind comments you have made so far. Very nice of you. Billi just wants her daughter to be happy, but in Billi's eyes, nobody was good enough for Esther. Finally, she realised that Esther is all grown up, and she can make her own choices now. 
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #379 on: August 26, 2011, 11:04:30 PM »
Here we are, fans!

Chapter 24- Walking On Sunshine

MONDAY

Esther gets up early, and makes herself breakfast. The house is quiet. Nobody else is up yet. Esther checks the clock on the wall, and takes a deep breath, nervous as anything.

Esther slowly walks outside, and the sunshine hits her, warming her face and heart. Does she have a reason to be scared or nervous? No! Today is going to be the best day of her life, and she had her family by her side.

Later that morning, after her mother has fussed around her for hours, Esther takes a quick peek in her bedside mirror. She catches her breath, surprised at what she sees. Esther had always been described as pretty, but she had never believed that she could be beautifull. But as Esther's reflection stares back, she breaks into a smile.

Earlier that week, Esther and Billi had come to a compromise. Billi could have her huge bachelorette party, but the wedding was to be a small affair. Each family member was allowed to invite one guest, and that was all. The little wedding was to be held in Esther's garden, in the orchard.

It was all Billi could do not to 'tut' at Sammy's fashion sense, but for Esther, he could be wearing a bunny suit, and still be the most amazing man in the room.

Esther- Sammy, I love you. I love your kindness, your sweet voice, your compassionate soul. More then anything else in the world. Though the good and the bad, though the light and the darkness, I will always want to be in your arms. Nothing shall ever change my love. For ever, and even after that.

Sammy- Esther Tunic, every time I see you, I feel like there is nothing bad left in the world. You are beautiful, in mind and body. Your smile makes me go weak at the knees, and it has ever since I first saw it, al the way back in high school. But the magic of being with you has never wore off, and it never will. Esther, my sweet Esther, my love for you is a everlasting as the sun rising each day, setting each night.

Esther and Sammy lean in for a kiss, perfectly in time, like the first moment of love they had shared. The small crowd cheers, many crying and throwing romantic confetti.

The couple cut the cake, Esther so dizzy with happiness she almost slices the new table. Everyone laughs, and nobody minds.  

John and Frank share a bit of cake, as do the other guests. It had been a great day, not just for Esther and Sammy, but everyone who had seen this perfect couple united.

After the celebrations had been completed, Esther's old bedroom gets a complete makeover. I was going for the 'cute country' look, while still retaining the Tunic's trademark kookiness.    

The bedroom wasn't the only thing that needs making-over, either! Billi's advice was Sammy needs a complete wardrobe re-vamp. He looks pretty snazzy in his new causal look.

Esther are Sammy both extremely tired, fell into a deep sleep, 'together forever' at last.

TUESDAY

Sammy decides to get up a little earlier, just before day breaks. Nice shorts, Sammy!
Sammy- Shut up. The guy said they were very popular!
Yep, I'm sure he did.

And Sammy came face to face to face with his deceased father-in-law. And promptly fainted. (He's a coward, of course.)

Billi and Esther talk about numerous thing before Billi has to rush off to work, as usual.

Oh dear. Oh dear, oh dear...
I think Sammy is going to continue the Tunic tradition of spouses dancing in the most embarrassing way possible.
I didn't think Shayne was fit to have kids, and the verdict is is out on Sammy. He's not either.

This is quite a big thing for Esther.
This is the first time she has come to the Consignment store to sell her fruit and vegetables. On the first day alone, she makes $691!

Billi does some swimwear ice-sculpture late at night. Very sexy.

WEDNESDAY

Poor Sammy. He must have instability issues, because really, who gets scared of a WASHING MACHINE!?

Typical husband and wife scenario. Wife earns money for the family. Husband... No explanation necessary.

Actually, no wonder she wasn't playing at first. The creepy paparazzi guy is taking pictures!
Ugh.

Billi has been given an opportunity to upgrade a stereo for a friend It doesn't take her long, but the price is right!

As you can see from the new uniform, Frank has been promoted to Gene Therapist. He discuses this with John.
Frank- So, the chemical radiation will have a 78% chance of negatively affecting the uppermost DNA cell, or ruining the implant DNA mitosis. What do you think I should do?
John- Um, call someone else?

Esther has had a great few days being a newlywed, even though the budget was a little too tight for a honeymoon. She has had just as much fun at home.

That was a pretty good sized update, wasn't it? Thanks for being so patient, and I hope you liked the wedding! I thought it was quite sweet. :)

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #380 on: August 26, 2011, 11:53:07 PM »
Congrats on the wedding, it was beautiful!

Sammy has purple eyes! Purple eyes! Hello Arlo Bunch? What's Arlo doing on Ruby Isle??

Frank and John's phone conversation at the end cracked me up. I'd be telling Frank to call someone else too.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #381 on: August 27, 2011, 12:04:39 AM »
Congrats on the wedding, it was beautiful!

Sammy has purple eyes! Purple eyes! Hello Arlo Bunch? What's Arlo doing on Ruby Isle??

Frank and John's phone conversation at the end cracked me up. I'd be telling Frank to call someone else too.
Thanks, lilygirl. I'm glad you liked the wedding, I thought Esther's garden was a nice backdrop.

Yes, Sammy has purple eyes. As much as I love Esther's genes, I'm kinda hoping the eyes get inherited!
Arlo and his family are from the bin, so I just placed them in the neighborhood as a 'filler family'. :)
Thanks again, and yeah, I actually had no idea what Frank was talking about either!
 ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline AnnBeiFong

• Occult
  • Probably a bad idea.
« Reply #382 on: August 27, 2011, 03:13:09 PM »
I love the purple eyes! I hope they are inheritted too, I can't wait for the little purple eyed nooboos!

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #383 on: October 22, 2011, 02:34:42 AM »
Yet again, I haven't updated, for about a month. Shame on me. But, today, I've got a Special Edition Update! Chapter 25, with three extra days, records two momentous events in Tunic life, that will shape the family forever.

Chapter 25- The Circle Of Life

THURSDAY

Billi and Sammy are having a friendly chat in the bathroom. They are actually friends, which is rather surprising considering how reluctant (For lack of a better word) Billi was to let Sammy into her family. They mainly enjoy complaining about Esther together. There is very little to complain about, but they can always find something.

*Fizzle-fizzle-fizz- Beep!*
We interrupt this broadcast to bring you a picture of a...
Vampire Gnome!
We would also like to inform Frank Tunic that stepping on the aforementioned Vampire Gnome while on his way to work...
Will not be tolerated!
Ever!
Thank you, and have a nice day.

With his brand-spanking new easel, Sammy has taken up painting. He isn't Artistic, but he seems to pick up on it rather quickly. By lunch, he's already Level Three!
And yes. He is wearing The Shorts.

Esther and Frank share a spot of lunch. Frank has been a work, getting promoted again, probably, while Esther has been enjoying the sun.
Frank- How the weather, Esssie?
Esther- Duh. Sunny! It's always sunny on Ruby Isle.
Frank muttered something about rude little sisters and Seasons EPs.

Sammy only stops painting at midnight, and only because he's so tired he can hardly hold the brush. The three paintings he has completed so far weren't of much value, but with Level Six looming, we'll be rich in no time!
Billi (In her sleep)- Hey! I'm the breadwinner, and don't you forget it!

FRIDAY

Esther can hardly imagine why she felt bored of gardening a few short weeks ago. She remembers feeling jealous of Frank, feeling like she wasn't achieving anything. Now, Esther is feeling more fulfilled then she's ever felt. She has her family, a beautiful house, and, most importantly, Sammy. Only one thing is missing from Esther's life.

Sammy finally gets around to writing 'Thank-you' notes for the wedding. As presents, the family receives a couch, and a blender. Both will be put to good use.

As a present to Frank, I've brought him a rather snazzy new telescope.
Frank- Ah! Stars! Ah! In space! Ah!
No comment, Frank.

Billi is off at a party of a friend. But the evening takes a decidedly depressing turn, when the host, Joe, drags her outside, and starts crying about the death of his wife to her. Billi is rather shocked by this, because she didn't even realise that Bonnie Anders had died.

She remembers a time, when she first moved here, how she had been invited to Bonnie's party, and it was a dud, because Bonnie and Jow wouldn't stop kissing long enough to acknowledge her presence.
(Chapter 3)

Billi consoles Joe, then leaves quietly. So many have died. Her friends, those she worked with. Many have gone. Who will be next?

SATURDAY

Sammy, honey, why do you have your exasperated expression on?
Sammy- The kitchen sink just went suicidal on me.
Oh.

Esther and Sammy have been thinking about this for some time. Esther has been longing for this almost since she was out of high school.
Sammy- Esther, are you sure?
Esther nods solemnly. She has never been more sure of anything.

Meanwhile, Frank is conducting another Heath Clinic. Personally, I just think he's a little sadistic, and enjoys hurting residents with pointy things.              

By midday, Esther is feeling rather sick. She has to run to the toilet a few times that day. Is this a sign?

Lately, Billi has been doing even more sculpting then usual. She churns out a new ice sculpture almost everyday, and since she has already made 25 ice sculptures, they will never melt.

SUNDAY

Morning breaks with the best news the Tunics have had for sometime.
Esther is pregnant. She is completely jubilant, over the moon. So is everyone else in the family.

Frank and Billi are both also on Cloud Nine for Esther, and even a looming day of work cannot stop remove the grins from their faces.

Nobody's noticed, but it's Frank's birthday. He doesn't mind not having a party, or even a family gathering.

But congratulations anyway, Frank!

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #384 on: October 22, 2011, 02:40:33 AM »
(Part two)

MONDAY

The family awakes to an amazing surprise. The funds were totaling at over 30,000, so I decided to extend the house a little. Okay, a lot. :)

Here is the renovated top floor. I forgotten to take a photo of the mini-lounge area, but I'll have one soon, I promise.
And I'm sure you can guess what the furthermost spare-room is for. ;)

And, oh my gosh, it's a car!
Not a very expensive car, but we didn't want one of those, anyway! We wanted a car with personality.

Esther treats herself to a massage. She's really hobbling now, isn't she?
Esther- Hey! I will unleash my pregnant-lady wrath on you!  

But then, a horrible burden hits the Tunics. Billi is happily cooking dinner for her loving and grateful family.
Then she feels herself slowly floating away, like there is nothing left of her.

And then there isn't.

The family rushes to the scene. And so does Grim.
Billi pleads, but then jumps up and looks behind her, forgetting she is dead.

The kitchen is set alight.
There is no alarm. Sammy has passed out on the floor, Esther is too heavily pregnant to be much help, and Frank cannot battle the fire alone. Will the whole family perish in the unrelenting flames?

For what does Grim hold in his cloak,
For why does he want to save those doomed,
For fire is his friend,
For the family, friend he shall kill,
The friend he holds in fire.

So, the one that has just taken someone that everyone holds near, saves the rest of the family.
You could think that he just saved them because he wants to prolong their suffering with Billi, but I like to think he did it because he has a little soft-spot for the Tunics after all.

TUESDAY

The family mourns beside Billi's grave the next day.
Frank writes inscription-
'Billi Tunic built a career, a house, and a family.'

Life continues. Esther gardens.

Frank fixes.

Sammy paints.

WEDNESDAY

Frank has the day off from work, so he's reading... Books about his work.

Then the screams start. Esther is having her baby. Now.
But it's not Esther screaming. It's Sammy.
Sammy- Ah! Oh, help!
Sigh.

Then, in the miracle happens.
Welcome to the world, Peggy Tunic.

Hope you enjoyed the (very late) update, despite the terrible news of Billi's death. Now, excuse me while I go and install Pets ;)

Offline AnnBeiFong

• Occult
  • Probably a bad idea.
« Reply #385 on: October 23, 2011, 05:14:48 PM »
Poor Billi. But welcome, Peggy! I hope she has a wonderful life!

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #386 on: October 23, 2011, 07:48:57 PM »
R.I.P. Billi. Welcome little Peggy!

Maybe Frank's boyfriend can move in now?
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #387 on: October 24, 2011, 02:46:42 AM »
R.I.P. Billi. Welcome little Peggy!

Maybe Frank's boyfriend can move in now?
Ha, lilygirl, you're really set on Frank's boyfriend, aren't you? ;) But, sadly, they actually broke up a while ago. Frank felt the relationship had lost it's spark.
But Frank might be entering a relationship of a different kind rather soon... ;)

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #388 on: October 24, 2011, 10:42:22 PM »
Ahw, that's a shame. :(
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Livi

• Nooboo
« Reply #389 on: November 02, 2011, 06:02:32 PM »
Hey Ruby and all your readers.This is the first story I've commented on because yours is the best one I've ever read. I love all your characters and all the pictures you include. I'm thinking of writing my own legacy story and I'm going to use the sims thought bubbles to figure out what to do next. Please post a update soon! :)

anything