Author Topic: Chance Cards  (Read 1969 times)

Offline Spiderkeys

• Llama Wrangler
Chance Cards
« on: January 14, 2018, 08:05:21 AM »
Who likes Chance Cards?

I don't, it interrupts gameplay, and then all of a sudden your 1 click away from disaster, and 80% of the time I fail, is there really a 50/50 chance on those things?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Chance Cards
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 04:08:42 PM »
Yeah, I'm not a big fan. Especially when careers progress so darn slowly. In general I don't like anything that lowers a chance of promotion as I get super annoyed when my sims don't get a promotion a day. Which is almost impossible at the higher levels anyway.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 04:25:49 PM »
My understanding was that one choice had more chance of getting a good result with a smaller jump in work preformance but the other choice was the opposite so less chance of getting a good result but a bigger jump in work performance if it did give a positive result.  I'm probably wrong though.

One of my Apocalypse Challenge sims has the 'Responsible' trait from parenthood and she seems to get good results whichever option she chooses so I think it has been adjusted for those sims. 

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 04:54:53 PM »
I like planned randomness like chance cards. I have mastered most game play mechanics. A little variety is good. In fact I wish things like getting fired or demoted was possible with them. I like planned randomness like chance cards. It is the unplanned randomness that bugs me like the always growing list of bugs and glitches.

anything