Author Topic: Toddler needs  (Read 2870 times)

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
Toddler needs
« on: January 15, 2018, 10:26:04 AM »
I need to let off a bit of steam.

Anyone else getting frustrated by the threatening messages that appear as soon as a toddler's needs becomes red?

How can I help that my kid became really hungry during the night while he slept? Immediately when he woke up, the game poked me and more or less told me I'm a bad parent for doing other things than keeping my eyes peeled on the darn toddler every single second 24/7 >:( :(

I really dislike this feature - the messages that threaten to take your toddler away for practically no reason. Because of course I'm gonna feed my toddler, but I'm not gonna just drop everything else to do so right away. They can wait their turn like the others and, surprisingly, without dying of hunger.

Sorry about the rant. It just became too much for me just now.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Toddler needs
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 01:11:05 PM »
Let me add to this rant by mentioning the ridiculous amount of times a toddler will say 'food' in result to a teen or adult auto 'checking a toddler'. It's amazing that my toddlers aren't the maxed body size with all the ham sandwiches they keep getting fed.  >:(

I'm forever directing my sims to get them out of the highchair just for the toddler to auto demand and adult sim they be put back in. I mean I could delete the highchairs but I like the 'realness' of a toddler sitting in one during a family meal. #simsfrustrations
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Witcher

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 03:06:54 PM »
Adding to this rant, I really dislike how a parent will continually place a toddler in a high chair for absolutely no reason even after telling them to let the child out. Not to mention how FAST toddlers needs deplete. I love having toddlers in the game, but gosh, they're almost worse than actual toddlers.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 06:00:35 PM »
Hi @Witcher  welcome to the forum.  :) Toddlers can auto-ask to be put back in the highchair if the game registers that this would be the nearest seat to the adult they want to talk to. You can, in part, get around this by having a spare chair in the dining area or an ottoman etc. Then usually the toddler will simply climb up onto the chair to have the conversation.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 02:30:50 AM »
Glad to know others are pulling their hair over the same things. I have the same problem with high chairs. Also, whenever my toddlers are sad (nightmares) or angry (any need in red), they get an 'ask X for food' whim. Come on... >:(

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 05:30:35 AM »
I meant to reply elsewhere, but due to the nature of the post, it belongs here.

Gah, I had a toddler once with the "Where is Everyone?" moodlet for hours even with both parents close by. And they have too many darn nightmares. And why do low needs make them angry instead of just tense? My toddlers want to hit their parents. That's not okay. Makes me want to call Social Service or just throw them out with the trash since the parents are my little fluffy yellow chickens that I want to protect >:(

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2018, 05:50:21 AM »
I love that I have a swing I can put my nooboos and toddlers in and provided someone sets it to swing slowly, all the nooboo/toddlers needs are met!

Oh wait, y'all talking about Sims 4, not Sims 3, my bad.  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2018, 04:18:05 PM »
I love that swing @Deklitch   :)

Offline amayasims2

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2018, 02:00:46 PM »
Anyone else agree we need more toddler items? That toddler stuff pack came with practically nothing useful! Some colored wood for the backyard and a weird tent thing, some decent outfits but nothing impressive at all! What about swings, different beds, play tables, or a babysitting job like Sims 3! I would love to see updates like this.

What are other things you would like to see for Sims 4 toddlers?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2018, 07:19:07 PM »
@amayasims2  the pack Parenthood brought a lot of skilling items for toddlers. tbh I can't think of anything that I'd particularly like mostly because I think teens need a lot more items and events first. Which I know is a separate topic really but with the items that came with Parenthood there really is everything you need for raising toddlers.

Offline amayasims2

• Nooboo
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2018, 01:57:20 PM »
@Playalot I guess I can agree. The teens could have much better things. I enjoy using Get Together with them the most. I would love to be able to throw a prom event for teens!

and cars of course.... cough

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2018, 04:38:25 PM »
I'm not from USA so proms aren't really a thing here but teens really need more attention so their age-stage is more special. Right now it's really just a young adult that goes to school. The Parenthood homework activities have helped a little but special parties like sleep-overs, which are a little babyish in rl terms, and proms would at least give teens events that are teen only.