Author Topic: Rug Rats: Surviving a Toddler Run Household  (Read 51347 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Rug Rats: Surviving a Toddler Run Household
« Reply #150 on: February 20, 2018, 12:24:19 PM »
hi, am i too late to ask for rule clarifications?

its about mods, if they only change 'aesthetic' things they're allowed right? so id like to know if these four things count as 'aesthetic' or 'significant' (ie banned):
1) changing the names of traits. none of the traits' functions are changed, just the names.
2) more preset face and body shapes in cas.
3) making more wall objects shiftable in build mode, for example a mod for shiftable mirrors.
4) a mod to add slots to various maxis objects so that decorative items can be placed on them.

i have not used any of these in the file ive started but i just wanted to check if i can in the next challenge! :)

In years past we have always had a single "0 mods allowed" policy. I'll let others on the team weigh in on the ones you listed. Personally I would just make things easier on yourself and do any Tournament challenge with 0 mods.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #151 on: February 20, 2018, 12:43:51 PM »
hi, am i too late to ask for rule clarifications?

its about mods, if they only change 'aesthetic' things they're allowed right? so id like to know if these four things count as 'aesthetic' or 'significant' (ie banned):
1) changing the names of traits. none of the traits' functions are changed, just the names.
2) more preset face and body shapes in cas.
3) making more wall objects shiftable in build mode, for example a mod for shiftable mirrors.
4) a mod to add slots to various maxis objects so that decorative items can be placed on them.

i have not used any of these in the file ive started but i just wanted to check if i can in the next challenge! :)

In years past we have always had a single "0 mods allowed" policy. I'll let others on the team weigh in on the ones you listed. Personally, I would just make things easier on yourself and do any Tournament challenge with 0 mods.

This is taken from the Tournament rules "3rd party Custom Content that alters appearance for CAS purposes is acceptable and can be used at the player's own risk." So CAS is fine with me, But as for the other mods, I would say no to those.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #152 on: February 20, 2018, 02:13:33 PM »
I would go with 0 mods. You never know when a new patch might break something and cause a bug in your challenge.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #153 on: February 20, 2018, 02:15:18 PM »
Ruth and Leslie raised Care, Harm, Fear, Mirth, Charm, Fruit, Noise, Mind, Faith, Clue, Help, Self, Daunt, and Joy, for a total of 13,950 TS and 1.68 TM. Total score was 23,436.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #154 on: February 20, 2018, 07:31:16 PM »
Zena Toddle saw her 22nd toddler age to child at 11:43am and promptly moved her out.  Zander must have gotten word, because he came home from work early less than 3 hours later to celebrate his last birthday, with Zena celebrating hers right after.  They went straight to bed and immediately to sleep, with no thought of woohoo whatsoever.   ;D

TS:       47,125
SM:          2.63
Total:  123,939  (note: the spreadsheet rounded the fraction up - is that correct?  I know we usually drop them, but going with the spreadsheet number is probably easier)

I always look forward to Baby Boomer but right now, I'm really very glad it isn't next.   ;)

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #155 on: February 20, 2018, 07:47:01 PM »
Well, that was fun while it lasted. :D

Great score, GlazeyLady!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #156 on: February 20, 2018, 07:51:09 PM »
Thank you @reggikko!  I'm pretty sure my stay in the top slot will be short as well.  There were a couple things I figured out about a week or more in that I imagine others knew from the beginning.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #157 on: February 20, 2018, 07:52:42 PM »
Total:  123,939  (note: the spreadsheet rounded the fraction up - is that correct?  I know we usually drop them, but going with the spreadsheet number is probably easier)

We do always drop any decimals, but if that's the way the spreadsheet is doing it, no worries. Amazing score! Sheesh.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #158 on: February 21, 2018, 02:55:14 AM »

We do always drop any decimals, but if that's the way the spreadsheet is doing it, no worries. Amazing score! Sheesh.

Yes the spreadsheet can only round it up, there is not really an option to drop it.

Offline jaycravn

• im very serious about the cat hoodie
  • Llama Wrangler
  • ✨♏🌟🌈💖🌈🌟♏✨
« Reply #159 on: February 21, 2018, 03:42:08 PM »
thanks for the answers!! i kept all but the cas mods out of my folders (its a shame i cant use the trait name one, but i guess the chance of having to play a sim with the ins*ne trait is low so hopefully ill forget its not installed...)

if i can just ask for one more clarification, regarding this rule in the general rules:
Reloading a game or traveling/entering CAS to reset Whims - This is an exploit to force the game to spawn more Whims.
i currently dont have any toddlers, so i cant direct any of the sims in the household, but does this rule mean i cant edit the household in cas (for makeovers only) from manage worlds, because it would reset their whims, even though child and older sims' whims aren't relevant to the challenge?
(obviously this isnt like, important lol i just cant bear to see these kids so poorly dressed T^T)
my pronouns are: they/them/theirs/themself & he/him/his/himself
if anyone sees the ts4 cat hoodie edited to have ear holes Please contact me IMMEDIATELY

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #160 on: February 21, 2018, 03:51:51 PM »
thanks for the answers!! i kept all but the cas mods out of my folders (its a shame i cant use the trait name one, but i guess the chance of having to play a sim with the ins*ne trait is low so hopefully ill forget its not installed...)

if i can just ask for one more clarification, regarding this rule in the general rules:
Reloading a game or traveling/entering CAS to reset Whims - This is an exploit to force the game to spawn more Whims.
i currently dont have any toddlers, so i cant direct any of the sims in the household, but does this rule mean i cant edit the household in cas (for makeovers only) from manage worlds, because it would reset their whims, even though child and older sims' whims aren't relevant to the challenge?
(obviously this isnt like, important lol i just cant bear to see these kids so poorly dressed T^T)

Keep it simple. If it resets whims, don't do it. :) Good luck in the challenge.

Offline lesleyj42

• Townie
« Reply #161 on: February 22, 2018, 10:03:16 AM »
Well... one of my parents just died. I can think of at least fifteen more colorful ways to say that, but I'll keep it clean.

Assuming I can't count anything from the toddlers still in progress in the household, my partial score for this utter disappointment is as follows:

Total toddler satisfaction: 6950
Skill multiplier: 1.34

Final score: 9313

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #162 on: February 22, 2018, 10:28:41 AM »
Well... one of my parents just died. I can think of at least fifteen more colorful ways to say that, but I'll keep it clean.

Assuming I can't count anything from the toddlers still in progress in the household, my partial score for this utter disappointment is as follows:

I'm not sure if you need to throw in the towel quite yet. Let's let other team members weigh in, but looking over the rules I am thinking that you could continue and finish when the surviving parent ages up to Elder. I mean there's the rule that one has to be on the lot at all times. Check. That's not going to be a problem. Not 100% sure here, but there is no rule stating you're done if one dies.

----

EDIT: Was your surviving parent off the lot at work, @lesleyj42 ? If that's the case, then I suppose it is game over.

Offline lesleyj42

• Townie
« Reply #163 on: February 22, 2018, 10:50:11 AM »

I'm not sure if you need to throw in the towel quite yet. Let's let other team members weigh in, but looking over the rules I am thinking that you could continue and finish when the surviving parent ages up to Elder. I mean there's the rule that one has to be on the lot at all times. Check. That's not going to be a problem. Not 100% sure here, but there is no rule stating you're done if one dies.

----

EDIT: Was your surviving parent off the lot at work, @lesleyj42 ? If that's the case, then I suppose it is game over.

No, she was on the lot, but she is the employed one. Unless she can quit, this challenge is pretty much over for me.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #164 on: February 22, 2018, 10:53:39 AM »

----

No, she was on the lot, but she is the employed one. Unless she can quit, this challenge is pretty much over for me.

@LenaLJ @sdhoey @MarianT -- weigh in on this. Unless I am missing something, she could continue with the surviving parent given there is no rule stating it's game over if one dies. The survivor was on the lot and could immediately quit the job.