Author Topic: Laundry system does not work in some houses  (Read 5433 times)

Offline Spiderkeys

• Llama Wrangler
Laundry system does not work in some houses
« on: January 30, 2018, 10:54:18 AM »
I got several houses where the Laundry just doesn't work. I added in a Washing Machine, A Dryer, a Clothes Line, yet the only option I get when I click on them is "Upgrade", there is never any piles of clothes on the floor anywhere, it been days they have automously changed into sleepwear, Athetic, Career, yet no washing to speak off. Yet owning a Washer or Dryer fills in the wishes slots, of wishes I cannot fulfil because I never get laundry options at all.

This isn't with all homes, some are functioning perfectly, but some of mine just take up space and just don't function at all, what am i missing here?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Laundry system does not work in some houses
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 01:40:53 PM »
Do you have a hamper? If you click on the hamper after a Sim has changed clothing, you should get the option to do laundry. Also, the laundry machines won't work on community lots unless your Sim has dirty laundry in their inventory.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 03:09:53 PM »
Also if there are shelves placed above the washer or dryer it won't work so check your layout.  :)  if you have a washer/dryer but no hamper all sims should be leaving laundry piles on the floor when they change. If you have a hamper only sims with the lazy and slob traits will leave piles on the floor.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Spiderkeys

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 10:26:58 PM »
I ended finding a pile of laundry in the hamper, so now I see it, if you also buy one of those, clothes won't pile on the floor automatically, and the houses that I thought that, only worked, didn't have a hamper.

anything