Author Topic: Multiple Vampire Attacks  (Read 5791 times)

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
Multiple Vampire Attacks
« on: March 06, 2018, 12:51:31 AM »
So, Vlad broke into my Sim's house and fed from her which is to be expected, the weird thing is he didn't turn into his dark form. She went back to sleep and literally an hour later, Caleb broke in and drank from her!  :o I didn't think this was possible, it certainly hasn't been in the past, my Sim still had the Recently Bitten moodlet too.

I certainly don't mind, in fact I welcome it, in my fun casual game it's fine but it might pose a problem in Challenges, I dunno.  :-\

I am using MC Command Center for this game but it doesn't have any settings to allow for multiple Vampire attacks, I checked my settings and the website and the web and can find nothing.  :-\

I am just wondering if my game is glitchy or if this is a new bug caused by the latest patch, I am also curious if anyone else is experiencing this?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Multiple Vampire Attacks
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 12:57:29 AM »
My game has been full of NPC vamp attacks to today, looks like a hot fix was done after all the mix-up on the OF's etc. I'm glad, after weeks of nothing despite me doing my best to get some vamp attacks, I finally have them again!

Shouldn't pose a problem as in the other game that I started today to test I didn't let my sims interact at all with vamps or vampy objects and he's had nothing. Besides garlic works as does the Private Lot trait.  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 01:05:21 AM »
Posted by: Playalot
« on: Today at 12:57:29 AM »My game has been full of NPC vamp attacks to today, looks like a hot fix was done after all the mix-up on the OF's etc. I'm glad, after weeks of nothing despite me doing my best to get some vamp attacks, I finally have them again!

@Playalot Lol, that's too funny, I'm glad to have then back too and I'm also glad that it's not only me. (My games have been so buggy lately).  ;D

Are your Vamps turning into their dark forms? I'm wondering if Vlad might be bugged after getting the max Vampire Lore skill in the latest patch, he did try to break in through the locked door, then changed his mind and went for the unlocked one instead. Makes me wonder if his Eternally Welcome power isn't working properly? Maybe I should play with him and see ...  :-\

Shouldn't pose a problem as in the other game that I started today to test I didn't let my sims interact at all with vamps or vampy objects and he's had nothing. Besides garlic works as does the Private Lot trait. 

She hasn't interacted with Vampires or Vampy objects at all and has no lot traits.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 02:00:47 AM »
No Vlad was not in his dark form but he hasn't ever attacked my sims in his dark form even way back when the game pack first released. I always thought that was normal for him. An NPC vamp -game generated, didn't turn into their dark form either. Hmm, well, if it's a bug I can live with it. I don't think playing with him and then marking him as unplayed 'ruins' his unique game status so it definitely could be worth playing him for a quick look to see what's going on.

So your sims didn't interact with vampy things and yet still had other attacks apart from the initial Vlad-attack? It could be something to do with MCCC so if you're really concerned you could test a game or two without any mods. I've actually never used MCCC as I mostly try to keep my game vanilla and only occasionally dip into mods when I'm bored etc but all/any mods can change things in unexpected ways, as I'm sure you know.  :)

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 02:51:24 AM »
@Playalot Whenever Vlad breaks into my Sims houses he always turns into his dark form to drink from
 them which why I was surprised when he didn't but I can live with it too, just wondering why he didn't that's all.

It is weird that he stopped in mid break in at the locked door then went right for the unlocked one, again not a problem, I can just leave my doors unlocked, hehe.  ;)  Maybe I'll get around to playing him ...

I don't mind if Sims who don't have anything to do with Vampires and Vampy things get break ins, there are more than enough ways to stop them anyway. I haven't tested a game without mods yet, perhaps I will but these are just minor issues that I'm not bothered by, more like curious about.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2018, 05:29:24 AM »
So in your game Vlad's always in dark form and in my games he is never in his dark form! lol Honestly, I don't know which is correct. I suspect your game is although I have no idea why Vlad is never in his dark form in mine. In fact the only time I have ever seen Vlad's dark form is when I play him, which isn't that often at all. How very weird!  ::)

anything