Author Topic: How do I save a house to my town?  (Read 32628 times)

cheernasticDance Flygirl

How do I save a house to my town?
« on: December 19, 2010, 02:02:24 PM »
Hi all! I'm new to the forums, but I've played the Sims games for a long time.

Anyway, if I were to make a house on my game, is there anyway to permanently save it to my town so each time I play/make a new game it's always there? Sorry the question is confusing, if you don't get it then post and ask me to clarify.

Thanks in advance :)
By the way, your Sims guide is very helpful.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
Re: How do I save a house to my town?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 02:13:04 PM »
Welcome to the forum, cheer!

I don't think you can permanently save your house to the base town so that it's there every time you start a new game in that town. What you can do is save the completed lot to the library and then it is available for you to place into your town each time you star a new game. It doesn't matter which town you build the lot in, if you save it to the library then it's available in any town, new or old game.

Hope that provides an answer.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

cheernasticDance Flygirl

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 02:34:13 PM »
Oh okay, thanks!

After I go to "edit town" once I'm finished building my house what do I do next to save my house in the library? Thanks! :)

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 03:01:39 PM »
Click on the lot and choose "save to library" (or similar; my game's in Swedish ;D) and it should work. It's nothing that's too hard to figure out.
You can even save the lot along with the family who lives there if you want to; or of course, only the lot.
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

cheernasticDance Flygirl

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 04:53:12 PM »
Click on the lot and choose "save to library" (or similar; my game's in Swedish ;D) and it should work. It's nothing that's too hard to figure out.
You can even save the lot along with the family who lives there if you want to; or of course, only the lot.

Thanks. But when I do that, it only gives me the option "household only" and "household with house". Is there anyway to save only the house?

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2010, 04:59:22 PM »
Go to edit town, evict your family, so the house is empty.  Make sure you have no dirty dishes or dirty clothes laying around the house before you evict them though, the game will save those items lol.  Then you save the house to library.  Don't save and go back to game.  Once back in the game, go back to edit town and look in your library, the house should be there.  It has been awhile since I have done that.  I think this is the way I did it.
Ignorance is not an excuse, please read the forum rules.

cheernasticDance Flygirl

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2010, 05:22:19 PM »
Thanks! :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2010, 01:16:30 PM »
You can save your house IN a town as well.  Build your house in "new game" using Edit Town mode for the build.  So, let's say you choose Sunset Valley for your town.  You would start at the main screen and choose New Game and then using the drop down box you would choose the town, in this case, Sunset Valley.  When the opening screen for the new game shows up go directly to Edit Town mode.  Select a lot, or place a new one if you want to, then build your house on that lot.  Use Save As giving your town a new name, such as Sunset Valley1 or something.  If you then want to play the game just go into it as usual, (Game Set Up I think it's called), but when you save that game you have to give it a new name and again, use Save As.  That way you have a game you are playing and also a town with a new house in it that you can reuse.  The key is Save As.  I've been doing this in remodeling an entire town.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

anything