Author Topic: Newbie needs help with adult child stalking former home  (Read 1649 times)

Offline Murphy12

• Nooboo
Newbie needs help with adult child stalking former home
« on: March 09, 2018, 08:28:07 AM »
Hello, I am very new to The Sims so please bear with me.

I closely followed the advice and guidance for successfully moving an adult child out of home (in Willow Creek) using the household split feature and that adult child has now moved into their own apartment (in San Myshuno) and successfully gotten married. So he is in a two person household of his own.  What I didn't realize is that his former connections to his original family members would be so intense. It seems he no longer knows that they are his parents and siblings as far as I can tell, but he has close connections with them which have resulted in some odd behavior.  Whenever I am playing his original family I am constantly seeing him standing at the front door. And when he's not standing there he's calling them asking for lunch dates and meetups, but just as a friend.  I'm actually really starting to feel bad every time I see him because its like he knows these people are important to him and I just wish I had split him off in some sort of way that he would still know they are his family.  Is there anything I can do?  Did I make a mistake when I created his household?  I'd love any advice anyone can give.
Thank you so much!  :)

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
  • Hi I'm Anna its nice to meet you
Re: Newbie needs help with adult child stalking former home
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 11:16:22 AM »
You could try move him back into the original household temporarily. Then enable the cas.fulleditmode cheat (after youve enabled "testing cheats on")
Then go into create a sim, you can do this from the household select menu in edit household, or through the mirror, or shift clicking a sim.
Then edit the relationships for him and set everyone as his family again, save and exit Cas then try move him out again maybe

Are you using any mods?

Gallery Id: Soda_Stealer

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 11:25:44 AM »
Hi @Murphy12, welcome to the forum

'Moved out' relatives should remember their family, if you look in an currently controlled sim's relationship panel and hover the mouse over the portrait of the moved out relative it should pop up a box that tell you all the things that the controlled sim knows about the other sim including whether they are parent, sibling or child and how strong the friendship between them is.

Here's what the mum knows about a moved out teenage son
Relationships1.jpg

And here's what that teenage son knows about his Mum
Relationships2.jpg

Family members phone and text quite frequently, sometimes just to chat and other times to invite out to parties or to comment on a new friendship that someone has made.

I play with the 'Private Dwelling' lot trait most of the time so I don't see people come to call but I believe that sims will call on the active house quite a lot without it and hang around hoping to be invited in.

Hope this helps
Happy Simming
Helen

Offline Murphy12

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 10:42:31 AM »
Thank you so much! This is exactly what I needed to know!  :)

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2018, 01:13:00 PM »
Whoever is in your playable Sim's "Most Acquainted List", is likely going to show up to your doorstep, often. Even relative strangers, that your Sim has met recently, will likely show up, from time to time. Sometimes, they all show up on the same day, up to seven at a time. What I sometimes do, to minimize that, is put a bed & facilities on an unused lot & spend a few days there. Make sure there are no doors, so your Sims can access what they need. You can put up walls for privacy, though. This often seems to reduce walk up visitors.

Just a thought

anything