Author Topic: Mid-Season Major: Self-Employed Expert  (Read 17719 times)

Offline SarahSims

• Nooboo
Re: Mid-Season Major: Self-Employed Expert
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2018, 11:19:03 PM »
Cats & Dogs is on sale right now if you (like me) had not yet gotten around to purchasing it.

Thanks for the heads up!  Now to learn how to run a vet clinic before this event starts...

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2018, 04:10:56 AM »
I'm afraid I still didn't get it :( Maybe because I've never played restaurants and vets before...
What does "simultaneously" and "remain open" mean here? Each of the three venues must be on their own lot, right? And we can't sell the completed venue to get the money back if we're done with one?
So, in the end, we must have three lots in possession?
But we can switch between them and work on all three goals at the same time, rather than completing one and only then buying another venue?

It just confuses me because, as far as I know, time diesn't fly on inactive lots. So, I don't quite get how a retail store can "remain open" while I'm working on another venue's rating because when I leave the lot, it automatically closes. Does "be open" here just mean "be in possession"?
Thank you!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2018, 07:37:31 AM »
Does "be open" here just mean "be in possession"?
Thank you!

Correct.

Offline Nomac

• Nooboo
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2018, 02:25:49 AM »
Hi,
just a couple of questions... it says here:
Once your two Sims fulfill the requirements [...] pause the game, note the exact time
is there a way for me to see how long exactly my sims have been in existence or do I have to keep track of the weeks myself?

Also, the general rules state this is forbidden:
Reloading a game or traveling/entering CAS to reset Whims - This is an exploit to force the game to spawn more Whims.
... but (unlike during the bucket list) it is okay to cancel whims in this challenge, right?  :D

Thanks.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2018, 06:38:47 AM »
Hi,
just a couple of questions... it says here:
Once your two Sims fulfill the requirements [...] pause the game, note the exact time
is there a way for me to see how long exactly my sims have been in existence or do I have to keep track of the weeks myself?

Unfortunately, yes, you do. But, at least the spreadsheet automatically calculates your score if you know what week you finished in.

Also, the general rules state this is forbidden:
Reloading a game or traveling/entering CAS to reset Whims - This is an exploit to force the game to spawn more Whims.
... but (unlike during the bucket list) it is okay to cancel whims in this challenge, right?  :D

Thanks.

Right. Canceling whims is fine in this event. But, the General Rules exploit no-no still applies. Good luck in this event, Nomac (and everyone).

Offline LazyKatie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2018, 11:51:12 AM »
I take it by no adding to the household this includes pets? Gonna be interesting having sims that take care of others' pets while owning none themselves.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2018, 01:36:32 PM »
I take it by no adding to the household this includes pets? Gonna be interesting having sims that take care of others' pets while owning none themselves.

Yeah, pets do take up a household slot.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LazyKatie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2018, 02:13:36 PM »
Can we have our sims become vamps, or is that considered life extension? Some people may need the extra time being a vamp affords them, so it'd be good to know. I myself likely won't need it, but I figured I'd ask anyway.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2018, 02:16:35 PM »
Can we have our sims become vamps, or is that considered life extension? Some people may need the extra time being a vamp affords them, so it'd be good to know. I myself likely won't need it, but I figured I'd ask anyway.

No vamps, thus the following...

• In CAS, create two Young Adult Human or Alien Sims.

I will add no changing too.[/list]

Offline LazyKatie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2018, 09:50:47 PM »
Also, despite the title we CAN have them hold job in addition to managing the 3 businesses, yes? If not, then I'm already DQed lol.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2018, 03:14:21 AM »
Also, despite the title we CAN have them hold job in addition to managing the 3 businesses, yes? If not, then I'm already DQed lol.

There is nothing in the rules against it.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2018, 08:40:52 AM »
@LazyKatie I removed your post, as it contained to much information in it, which can be considered strategy. Please be aware of that in the future.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2018, 01:21:02 PM »
A clarification if anyone is unsure...

• Placing EA/Maxis lots at the start of your file is fine, but the Manage Household screen is not allowed.

Offline LazyKatie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2018, 02:25:53 PM »

• Placing EA/Maxis lots at the start of your file is fine, but the Manage Household screen is not allowed.
Not even moving sims into my households to protect from culling? I always move the pre-mades into there at the start of a given file.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2018, 02:29:10 PM »

Not even moving sims into my households to protect from culling? I always move the pre-mades into there at the start of a given file.

Is there still confusion? Are you asking for some type of exception?