Author Topic: Mid-Season Major: Self-Employed Expert  (Read 17780 times)

Offline LazyKatie

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Mid-Season Major: Self-Employed Expert
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2018, 03:43:13 PM »
A clarification if anyone is unsure...

• Placing EA/Maxis lots at the start of your file is fine, but the Manage Household screen is not allowed.
Not even moving sims into my households to protect from culling? I always move the pre-mades into there at the start of a given file.

Is there still confusion? Are you asking for some type of exception?
I mean, I guess? Am I disqualified if I've already done so? I don't see how putting sims in My Households would give one an advantage, all it does is protect from culling and give their house, if they have one, a green marker on the map. Other uses of manage households I can absolutely understand banning, though. I'm mainly just wondering if I'm DQed, I suppose.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2018, 05:21:16 PM »
A clarification if anyone is unsure...

• Placing EA/Maxis lots at the start of your file is fine, but the Manage Household screen is not allowed.
Not even moving sims into my households to protect from culling? I always move the pre-mades into there at the start of a given file.

Is there still confusion? Are you asking for some type of exception?
I mean, I guess? Am I disqualified if I've already done so? I don't see how putting sims in My Households would give one an advantage, all it does is protect from culling and give their house, if they have one, a green marker on the map. Other uses of manage households I can absolutely understand banning, though. I'm mainly just wondering if I'm DQed, I suppose.

Well, these are the restrictions that have been set up at the outset of the season. I am assuming you closely ready the General Rules?

Creating Your Scoring Game File
All challenges begin in a fresh, virgin, completely unaltered town of your choosing. If you wish to place an EA lot such as the spa, then you must do so at the beginning of your file. Personal inventory items may be placed on non-home lots, but aside from this, non-home lots must remain unaltered. Unless a particular ruleset lays down restrictions, you are free to travel and/or move to any neighborhood or town. Options - all default settings: Autonomy > Full; Auto Age (Played Sims) > Yes; Auto Age (Unplayed Sims) > Yes; Sim Lifespan > Short. Always create Sims in CAS from scratch. • Cannot use gallery downloaded Sims • Cannot use cloned/twin gallery downloaded Sims • Cannot use saved Sims from your library • Cannot use saved Sims clone/twin from your library.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LazyKatie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2018, 05:40:14 PM »
I did, but I don't see anything in there that prohibits moving households into the my households tab from the other households one? Unless you mean the completely unaltered part? I didn't really think adding households to my households counted as an alteration, since all it affects is culling and map icons, and usually these challenges are too short for culling to take place anyway, I've mostly just done it out of habit, plus it helps me notice when new households move in since they'll have a grey icon. I can definitely stop though, but I'd rather not be DQed from this challenge (and the last one, actually, since I did it there too) over such a minor thing.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2018, 05:48:05 PM »
Well, just stop your file for now. All of the stuff you do I never do. Lol. I keep it simple. But, that's me. So, another team member needs to weigh in that has more knowledge of this than me.

Offline LazyKatie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2018, 06:21:28 PM »
I mean I've already stopped it so I can mess around with the vet system in a different, unrelated file, since I'd never run a clinic until now, and I want to do it well for the challenge and I have plenty of time to get back and finish, since this challenge lasts 6 weeks. I def won't continue it until I get feedback though, I hope I don't get DQed.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2018, 07:23:37 PM »
I mean I've already stopped it so I can mess around with the vet system in a different, unrelated file, since I'd never run a clinic until now, and I want to do it well for the challenge and I have plenty of time to get back and finish, since this challenge lasts 6 weeks. I def won't continue it until I get feedback though, I hope I don't get DQed.

Okay, Marian weighed in and explained it to me -- it's still a bit confusing lol, but go ahead and start over LazyKatie. And you need to not touch Manage Households since we ruled against it.

Offline LazyKatie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2018, 07:44:49 PM »

Okay, Marian weighed in and explained it to me -- it's still a bit confusing lol, but go ahead and start over LazyKatie. And you need to not touch Manage Households since we ruled against it.

Ok, sounds good, I'll do that. Luckily I was only like a couple days in, so I won't be losing much progress. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mens0067

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2018, 11:38:32 AM »
I couldn't wait to get this challenge started! Vet Clinic was very glitchy for me but I managed to get 2 large rewards and a 5 star clinic and restaurant in 15197 minutes!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2018, 12:26:53 PM »
Great job finishing first, mens0067. :) This thread has been dead for more than a week. I was wondering who would post the first score. Awesome.

Offline mens0067

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2018, 03:30:24 PM »
Great job finishing first, mens0067. :) This thread has been dead for more than a week. I was wondering who would post the first score. Awesome.
Someone has to go first right? At least I will be in the lead for a little bit!  ;)

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2018, 07:31:33 AM »
Not stealing your lead here, but finally done too

Clinic, retail shop and restaurant objectives done in 15938 minutes. I've a whole new admiration level for people playing the rival dynasties now.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2018, 01:31:27 PM »
Make sure NOT to talk to Jasmine Holiday in the next two weeks.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2018, 08:00:47 PM »
Turns out I'm not so good at restaurants, but at least I finished. 

19461 minutes

Offline MystiKitty

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2018, 08:02:29 PM »
I've got Cats and Dogs and Get to Work, I have pretty much more than enough to make an excuse to pick up Dine Out too. I love restaurants. (And yes, I removed my last post. I didn't want to hex myself before I finished my last grocery bill of the month but for some reason the electric fairies made my energy bill be low this month.)

Do not talk to Jasmine Holiday during the skill boost event.

I have not even seen Ms. Holiday around so I think the event is over.  ;D Still, I'll be careful to avoid her if I see her.

Offline Rinkils

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2018, 12:53:18 PM »
Finished.

8831 minutes.