Author Topic: Can't Interrogate as Detective, keeps saying Jailcell door is in the way  (Read 8515 times)

Offline Kdragon999

• Nooboo
Every time i try and interrogate him, or take him out of the cell for other things, He says the cell door is in the way and can never find a way to open it. i even quit the career and came back, nothing happened. I'm a detective rank.

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
I think someone may help you better, but in case :

Did you check to see if the door is locked?
Or put your sim in front of the door, as sometimes they try illogical paths that can't be used?
Or tried with another sim ? another save?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Kdragon999

• Nooboo
All 3. still nothing.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Are clicking on the interrogating table to bring up the menu where you then can choose which perp you want to interrogate?

If you've built the police station yourself it can be really tricky to get the doors of the jail cells to work and you have to ensure there are no light fixtures or anything actually, in the way. The doors often have to be placed with MOO on which in itself can cause issues too.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Kdragon999

• Nooboo
i didnt make the station, so its not that.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Even in Maxis built lots you still need to click on the item you want your detective to use and not the sim. By clicking on the item a sim-picker pop up menu will appear, then you pick the sim you want to use with the item.

So if you want to interrogate a sim - click on the interrogation desk in the little interrogation room first. That opens a menu where your perp will be one of the sims available to choose.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
It happened in my game as well. Restarting the game helped. I don't recall if I repaired, but it could be worth a try. Oh, and @Playalot , I always clicked on the suspect to get the 'interrogate' option when I did the Detective career, it worked fine except for that one time ???
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
@Nindigo  It's a weird career inasmuch as there are always bugs with it. smh. I don't think I've ever played this career even once without something going wrong. Sad thing is that sometimes the career is just bugged out in a game file and there is nothing you can do to fix it.  :-\ See in my games I have to click on the item now as clicking on the perp stopped working for me patches ago despite starting new games etc etc. Often the bugs are small and like you said a restart clears it out but other times it's just a write-off.

I'm actually playing a vamp detective presently and this time around every crime scene I go to only ever has one piece of evidence no matter what I do. lol. It's making for a very slow crawl through the promotions.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
@Playalot Oh, I have a tip then. Click on the ground here and there and choose 'search for clues'. It will light up a circular area and if you're lucky, a piece of evidence is revealed 8) It's just an extra challenge sometimes. Try searching where the other detectives are taking photos.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Thanks I do that but nothing shows, just the initial one piece of evidence. lol. It's super bugged but you're right, normally that works just fine.  :)

Offline Nonamiriuki

• Nooboo
Re: Can't Interrogate as Detective, keeps saying Jailcell door is in the way
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2019, 10:53:02 PM »
I had the problem with my sim saying the cell door was in the way for a while and not being able to cook as well, at the time I had activated a mod that disabled autonomy for specific sims even when Im not controling them, when I deactivated that mod on the sim I was controling she became normal again with cooking and interrogating prisoners normally, maybe if you try messing with sims autonomy it will fix it. Or it may be related with mods that change sims somehow, with scripts or whatever.

anything