Author Topic: First Video Guide - Getting Started in Careers  (Read 4746 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: First Video Guide - Getting Started in Careers
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2018, 01:53:42 PM »
Yay for 1,000 subscribers! *throws confetti

Regarding volume, since you asked, I listened to your Laundry Day video with headphones.
The Youtube volume setting was just right (for me) at around 33%. I thought the volume and speed of your talking was right on.
I've really enjoyed every one of your video guides so far.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2018, 04:32:50 AM »
Wow Carl, moving up in the world.  These video's are awesome and the sound is great.  I think you made a good decision to do these video's.  Sometimes, maybe because of old age haha, when I read something, just doesn't sink in, but when you watch something, brings a whole new light on it.  Good job Carl!!!
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2018, 03:57:47 PM »
Thank you all. I've been taking some time to slow down this past week to focus on some life things. I'm finding that I continue to learn about audio and it's seriously the biggest hurdle to all this. I think software makes it so that anyone can edit a video if they apply themselves but audio is extremely tough to wrangle given all the factors. I said this a month ago but I'm still picking up new things. Some problems are outside your control.

In my neck of the woods we get some seriously loud insects this time of year for example, and they've taken up shelter in a tree right outside my office window. The mic actually picks them up! They also like to do their thing at night which is my chance to record. I'm also near a route where trucks take loads for trains, and that ruins quite a few recordings. I basically need to either build a bunker or get out of here if I want to step it up lol.

This next month I'll redo 2-3 videos that are unwatchable on mobile due to audio being too quiet, and tackle some content I never wrote about (stuff packs). I'll also do some more general gameplay guides. I'm all over the place but I know if I started with the base game and went down a list a lot of veterans would find it pretty boring. Not everyone owns every pack and it's more fun for me to go about doing things kind of randomly based on how I feel each day.

Someday I am actually going to do some article/video combos that focus on everything I've experienced trouble with along the way. A lot of people want to attempt youtube but the learning curve can be tough, depending what you use. I will make a separate channel for all that though.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2018, 08:48:56 AM »
I’m loving your videos, Carl! I seem to learn more with videos than with text. Who knew? Lol. Keep up the good work!

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2018, 04:28:45 PM »
Hi guys (and thank you @JudesSims ) I haven't visited this thread in a bit. I had moved really fast but took a mini-break last week to just collect myself and deal with some life things. I have become a bit more confident in my audio over recent weeks, though it's not perfect I know it is passing. I look forward to improving it but some things will need to change.

I'm thankful to you all for letting me know what you thought - it really helped. 1800 subscribers now, which is awesome to me especially given how young the channel is. I'm learning to edit a bit better and keep the topic of discussion on screen - what a breakthrough  :-[

I just went back to 2015 to cover Spa Day

Here is a direct link, in case anyone wants to subscribe and hit notify so that they are informed of most videos. Somewhat infuriating, but Youtube does not inform all subscribers even if they hit the bell. I'm also posting most videos to twitter as they launch - youtube lets you do that as you upload. Here is our twitter.