Author Topic: The question marks??  (Read 7077 times)

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
The question marks??
« on: September 01, 2018, 07:29:08 AM »
Just wondered whether it is part of the game that the questioned marked areas always stay as question marks?

I have discovered hidden areas and even completed a temple but when my sim goes to travel, the question marks are always there and no way to bypass going through all of it to get to previously discovered areas.

I realise that may be the way it is designed to be but just wanted confirmation  :)

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Re: The question marks??
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 05:20:00 PM »
It is by design. Different areas are available or not available on different trips forcing multiple trips to see and do it all. Since the jungle areas availability ant the temple area layout very each trip, heck the temple resets after you leave it, this areas are never considered explored. This is true even if your sim visited each jungle location, and completed each temple layout. So yes it is by design. Every jungle vacation the availability of locations change so you never know what you will find on that vacations, and the temple changes with each visit.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2018, 01:25:06 AM »
Thanks Scoed. Guess I assumed names of the places would show, or at least the questions marks would disappear.

It makes sense I guess as the paths etc change although I don’t seem to be having much luck with finding those locked gates unlocked or the island. More adventures required I guess!

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2018, 02:33:50 AM »
ON the jungle gates, you have to leave Selvadorada and head home and come back to Selvadorada. I had to take three vacations to explore every jungle location behind every locked gate. The island was the last location for me to find.

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2018, 03:54:35 AM »
Yeah I have sent my sim on holiday three times. Found the baths twice, the temple twice, the plane area twice and the falls each time - just not been able to open the gates or find the island. Luck of the draw I guess.

I managed to complete the temple relatively easily despite sending a low skilled sim and did not have to use the emotions tree berries either. I was a bit surprised at that. Think I had mastered the culture skill though - does that help maybe? He had a lot of supplies but peed and slept in bushes (sometimes the wrong way round! He complained the bush stunk) and was uncomfortable for quite a bit of his time.

One trip I managed to find one of the plates in a chest by the plane area and on the same trip got the plate from a chest on completion of the temple. Amongst a lot of other treasure as well, made it a pretty lucrative trip  ;)

anything