Author Topic: Scout Troop  (Read 11173 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Scout Troop
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2018, 03:18:12 PM »
@LenaLJ
Thank you for the detailed breakdown of your winning strategy!

Keep Fit took me the longest--I'd say one hour for each Keep Fit point.
But I couldn't use only the swing.
For some reason, one of my kids got nauseous after two consecutive swinging sessions in my practice file.
I ended up having the kids switch between 4 different activities.

Congratulations on your win!
This was really a fun challenge. I agree that the shortness allowed a lot of opportunity for practicing.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2018, 05:37:45 PM »
Congratulations on your win, Lena!  Awesome strategy 8).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2018, 09:36:31 PM »

I couldn't use only the swing.
For some reason, one of my kids got nauseous after two consecutive swinging sessions in my practice file.
I ended up having the kids switch between 4 different activities.

Clearly I'm not as compassionate as you.  When your kids got sick, you gave them an alternate activity; when my kids got sick, I said, "Suck it up, kid! Keep swinging!"   ;D ;D ;D
It didn't seem that nausea slowed then down with regards to how fast they got the badge.  (Oh, bad mom  :'()

I did pretty much the same activities as @LenaLJ , except Civic Responsibility and Arts and Crafts. - When I practiced, and cancelled mess-making right away, the mess disappeared if I didn't give more mess-making time, so I went looking for a faster activity.  When Lena said she used that, I figured I was missing something, so I fired up a game with kids, and sure enough, the mess disappears from sight, but the kid can still "Clean up".  (I love how I always learn new things in every challenge.)  Instead of that, I gave mom a bar and had her pour 24 glasses of water in a fenced in area (so the club members wouldn't come drink them). For each kid, I put out 8 glasses on a counter right beside a trash can and had them throw them away one at a time.  Very fast.

For Arts and crafts, create Summer crafts was faster than Draw, and in a test between 2 kids, one being encouraged and the other not, I saw no difference in how fast they completed the craft.  The one being encouraged did gain more skill.  (I noticed the same for homework - a kid being "helped" got the badge just as the homework was done.  Her sister, who was not being helped got the badge at the same time, but the homework wasn't completed.)  So I didn't worry about having an adult to help.  But then I found that if the birthday cake was ready and placed near a kid, that kid could age up and paint 6 small classic paintings in the same amount of time that the other kid could complete 5 Summer crafts.

I alternated socials (Friendly, Joke, Gift, Friendly, Joke, Gift, etc. so I could keep using "Ask about Day" without getting a boredom moodlet; when gifts (bottles of bubbles) and jokes were done, I pulled them from the rotation and finished friendly socials).

So I had my kids start - one on the swings (the longest activity), one on socials, and one on the very fast activities (Outdoor, Scholarly, Civic, Scientist).  When each finished all of those, I aged them up, had them paint and collected all the badges at once. 

Congratulations @LenaLJ

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2018, 10:46:12 PM »
Awesome strategy, GlazeyLady 8)!

Offline SueDenim

• Townie
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2018, 02:18:46 AM »
Congratulations @LenaLJ !

During my trial runs, I kept running late into the week - so my parent got level 3 writing so that she could write excuse notes for them.  Then she baked a cake.

For Civic Responsibility, two of the three threw away the same plate (start, take a step, stop the action moving incrementally closer to the garbage can. repeat)  The third accidentally finally threw it away halfway through the badge and we had to find other messes to clean up.

I didn't even think of the swingset.  During my trial runs, I couldn't keep the kids on the jungle gym.  (They kept getting off to do other things). So I aged them up for "Keep Fit."

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2018, 11:46:23 AM »
I had the the kids dance to the cheapest stereo and stop and start again.  In my earliest practice run, they aged up to teen (with just keep fit left to complete.)  I bought 3 of the cheapest punching bags and had them use them 6 different times.