Author Topic: Looking for nectar making for profit tips  (Read 1895 times)

Offline ejnarts1

• Townie
Looking for nectar making for profit tips
« on: October 04, 2018, 10:20:48 PM »
I have a Sim (the whole "hood" is ridiculously wealthy) that started of w/ a 300+K inheritance. They made it to a 500K LTW. And now there's a 1million LTW. That's a looooong way from 500+K.

She dabbles in nectar making and gardening. I'm looking for seriously sweet tips on making serious money from nectar making to reach that LTW. Anything would be helpful. I just feel like I'm floundering a bit. Nectar skill's at 6, gardening at 8. I've planted and replanted the (amazing nectar plants) up to "Great" now. And they bought 4 nectar machines so they can run pretty much continuously w/ enough sleep, lol.

Thank you.

Offline Agathon

• Townie
Re: Looking for nectar making for profit tips
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 01:30:13 AM »
Couple of quick tips:
1. Find a good recipe or two, there are loads online. My favorites are from a nectar-making sim called Carmen Angelos. You can experiment instead, of course, but it can be quite frustrating.
2. Grow a lot of life fruits, and get them to perfect. Most of the high-value nectars are based on life fruits.
3. Use the nectar racks from France to store your nectar in a basement, think (at least slightly) long-term.
4. Use a dedicated "consigner sim" to consign your nectar at the consignment shop, to get a good reputation and increased value for your nectar. Doesn't hurt if he/she has the LTR "Suave Seller".
Worlds Apart - Can Be Found Here

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 12:12:44 AM »
I have found (from this forum) if you have something like 9 perfect life fruit and 1 perfect pomegranate, it will be "amazing" and will increase in value significantly as your nectar making skill goes up. Get the most expensive nectar rack and store the nectar in it for a while in the basement.
If you're looking for other means to make money though, have one your sims in the family either learn science until they reach lev 10 and get the group science project and then work it a number of times to get the white beam, or have one study martial arts and then practice on the board breaker until they can break space rock blocks. Both will yield a tiberium eventually which can be analyzed and cloned over and over.

Offline ejnarts1

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 10:54:07 PM »
Thank you both. Sonshine, that I did not know. I suppose I should have about- well, when you say, "clone" do you mean using the omni plant to do that? Can an omni plant grow tiberium? That would be rather amazing. I know about the martial arts. But, again, not the science-ing (never actually had a Sim follow that career yet). I'll definitely give them a try.

Both of these are fascinating, but I've had my heart set on nectar making because it's been so long since I've pursued it with any kind of discipline.

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 04:39:36 PM »
By analyse and clone, Sonshine means using the Science skill. You can analyse rocks at an early level of the Science skill, then at a later level (I think level 9) you are able to clone them. From memory, reading the science books is a much quicker way to get to high level science skill than using science skill objects.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 05:52:53 AM »
Deklich is right. You need science skill 9 or 10 and the science station to clone thing from samples. You get samples from analyzing things. Click on the object like a gem and select "analyze." That will place a sample of that gem (or whatever) in your sim's inventory. From there, click on the science station and select "clone" and that will bring up the list of samples your sim has. This is the same when you want to clone a sim. Have your sim active and click on another sim of your choice and have him/her ask for a dna sample. Go to the science station, select "clone" and then select the dna sample and your sim will create a baby version of the other sim.