Author Topic: Get Famous info/discussion thread.  (Read 10476 times)

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Get Famous info/discussion thread.
« on: October 15, 2018, 01:53:09 PM »
Hey since this became the main info/discussion thread for Get Famous I thought I would rename it do to it's new purpose. As things went on I became more more excited. Anyway this is the post for the latest news and to talk about what you are excited or not so excited about in The Sims 4: Get Famous. Let us get excited and discuss this pack as it looks fun!

Original post

Is it just me or is the hype on Get Famous less pronounce then other expansions

Normally by now we have a thread dealing with tweets, features, and wishes. People are excited about the content so they want to talk about it. This time nothing. Yes The trailer got some buzz and there was one other post that no one replied to but other than that it has been dead. I am right there with you if that is case. I never really enjoyed other fame centered content in other sim games. It just doesn't do anything for me. Don't get me wrong, I will still likely get it but only for completeness sake.

Am I wrong about this? Are people excited about this expansion?

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
I definitely am. But there has been a mod (The Road to Fame) around for a good while now that I have also tried playing with. I can sort of understand if the theme doesn't seem like something groundbreaking new to many people. Although, the official take on fame looks to be far more encompassing and thorough than the mod's. Those who have played with the mod will probably think 'been there, done that'.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
I'm actually pretty excited.  I wasn't a fan of fame in Sims 3, but only because there wasn't any rhyme or reason, yet this one seems like it will tie in more with many other aspects, which seems like a lot of fun.

Offline Manderley

• Llama Wrangler
I'm pretty excited about getting a new town.  I wish they'd give us more screen shots of that.  The fame thing doesn't do much for me but I am having my younger sims focus on Charisma more. I'm pretty curious to see how the fame thing effects sims in our older careers...writer, business man, violin, painter, etc.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
@scoed
It's hard for me to feel super excited about a one-minute trailer, to be honest.
I don't remember playing with fame/popularity much in Sims 3. Also, I'm not who vocalizes about wishes prior to the release of new content.

However, I'm always excited about the release of a new neighborhood with new lot types, premade lots, and premade sims.
For the moment, I'm trying to dig up more info about the next new career, Style Influencer, which is due out this month (is that right?).

I have already preordered Get Famous and am trying to get closer to done with my current legacy challenge.
Because it seems like Get Famous will be released around the same time that this forum's Challenges Team unveils its 2018 dynasty challenge.

Offline TomasGrizzly

• Townie
For the moment, I'm trying to dig up more info about the next new career, Style Influencer, which is due out this month (is that right?).
It was pushed back slightly so I'd guess it'll come right with the expansion or just before it - and hopefully fix some of the current bugs.
---
I am not really into the fame aspects and I know that I'll skip this expansion. I keep an eye out on what they do but that's it. I am playing just casually so they'd need to hit something I'd really wish for to get me hyped.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
It was pushed back slightly so I'd guess it'll come right with the expansion or just before it - and hopefully fix some of the current bugs.
---
I am not really into the fame aspects and I know that I'll skip this expansion. I keep an eye out on what they do but that's it. I am playing just casually so they'd need to hit something I'd really wish for to get me hyped.
@TomasGrizzly
I'm sad to hear your news that the next update/patch will be so close to the Get Famous release date.
Tbh, I'm in no rush for the terrain tools but I really want that new sketch tablet plus the Style Influencer's Trendsetter and Stylist careers.
Oh well.  It's curious that they would announce free content so early, though.
On the plus side, new content that's free is always welcome.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
@oshizu , the patch was supposed to be due his month, but had been pushed back again as it needed more polishing. I wish they had at least released the bug-fixes.

@scoed I think Seasons was really something game changing, and very wished for. It's really important in terms of storytelling, for example.

Fame system in Sims3 had apparently been complicated and many people didn't liked it. I never had the expansion, so I don't know. But it doesn't feel as game changing as Seasons was, it might look like a complication for some storyteller.

But the apparent main feature is really not attractive to me. Another active career, yes, that's something I'm interested in. The Stylist white hairstyle is I think new? At least it's very pretty and one of my main interest for the expansion with the new town. But the fame system, with possible paparazzi, and a fame perk point system, I'll pass easily. I'm personnaly a bit afraid about the thing about bouncers keeping you from enter some places. as long it's only in the new city, well, no trouble, but if you must enter the system for some time in the velvet blue lounge or cocktail bar, it's not interesting. I will wait for player's feedback on it.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
Even though I don't dream of a whole lot in real life, I still think it's worth my time to have my Sims try out all kinds of things from any and all packs - be it an activity object, a piece of clothing, or a new neighborhood. I try to keep an open mind. The packs won't be to everyone's tastes, but there is bound to be something for everybody in each of them.

And, of course, Caleb and Don must try out acting ;D
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline TomasGrizzly

• Townie
Yeah, the bug fixes would be welcome. Especially the bug that sends anyone home from work/school when a sim travels which makes me decline any invitations on sight.

Btw, the thing about the patch being delayed was said in the stream that announced the terrain tools, if someone wants to look for it.

Offline Manderley

• Llama Wrangler
I agree about that particular bug.  It has seriously affected my game play.  Only my single sims travel now.  I'm not sure how my teen sim is going to complete their scout badges cause they are going to have to travel to fish!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
@TomasGrizzly and @Manderley

I'm surprised to hear that your sims are forced home early from school/work if a sim remaining at home travels to a different lot.
Ordinarily, I don't travel while sims are at work/school because leaving the home lot will cause the sims at school/work to lose their mood buffs (so they won't get promoted as quickly).
So, I'll only have the at-home sims travel when the at-schoo/at-work sim's performance is maxed to indicate they'll be promoted (that yellow check mark).

There are two situations, however, when my sims get forced home early:
(1) Whenever a sim enters CAS to plan outfits/change sim; and
(2) When I save and exit the game while sims are at school/work AND they're in an active club gathering, they will be forced home early when I next reload the game.

For scenario (2), I recently found a workaround.
If I remove a sim from the active club gathering before exiting the game, they will still be at work when I next reload.
To remove a sim at work/school from a club gathering, have a sim at home "End" then "Start" the club gathering. (Any sim at work/school cannot "Join gathering.")

I'm sorry if my explanation doesn't help you with your "forced home from work/school" bug.
My sims are able to work and go to school as usual when other sims travel, even if half the household goes on vacation.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
I guess this is when we are supposed to post Get Famous content from EA. As we know Sims Camp is going on and they are playing Get Famous. EA released a page of positive reviews from said camp.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/news/sims-camp-get-famous-reviews

Also I made no secret I am not overly excited about this pack. Well one review has my interest perked.

“I really enjoy the perk system! I love when they did that with Vampires, so I’m glad they brought it back for something else, too.” - Vixella

I love how Vampires Work in Sims 4. It is easily my favorite add on to the game released thus far. I think if fame perks work like Vamp powers, it will be cool.
And given these reviews were screened and released by EA we can hold them as a credible but limited source of info. This is the first thing that truly perked my interest so I thought I would share.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Well I am getting more curious about this pack after this post by SimGuruNinja:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16788267/#Comment_16788267

I wounder what they changed. I really like the vamp powers works. If celebrities play like vamps they could be fun, but if they play anything like any previous sim game no thanks. Not much there but it does support the "review" in my earlier post above.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
There IS a new DEATH!!!!!! There is a fish pond that can be stocked with sharks and piranha that can kill you if you jump in. Also There is a new custom career. Maybe this pack is worth buying.

anything