Author Topic: Maybe [BUG] on Chateau Peak  (Read 5406 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Maybe [BUG] on Chateau Peak
« on: November 16, 2018, 12:30:44 PM »
I'm having building issues with the new lot in Del Sol Valley Chateau Peak. it was reported to me that basements can't be built there and so far this seems true. This is more of a building thread issue maybe but for now I'll leave this post here as it is about Get Famous I guess.

So if someone could jump into game and try building a basement on this lot and let me know that would be appreciated.

**Update: After today's patch (11/20/2018 - PC/Mac: 1.47.51.1020 / 1.47.51.1220) I can again build a basement on this lot.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Ninane

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Maybe [BUG] on Chateau Peak
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 07:50:57 AM »
I've totally rebuilt that lot.  I just checked and I am able to build a basement room.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 02:32:19 PM »
I too had that issue. Basement walls pop out of the ground And I can't place a basement floor. It is annoying. I was going to use that house till I found I couldn't build a basement to it. Annoying but not a big deal I just moved out.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 04:22:47 PM »
I think rebuilding on the lot after bulldozing works as normal but trying to remodel the house that is on the lot in a new game (the maxis build house) is the issue.

I still can absolutely not make a basement in the existing house no matter what I do!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 02:40:31 AM »
Have you tried saving the maxis house to your file, bulldoze the lot, go back in and download the file?  Try to rebuild then?  Just a thought but it's something I'd try.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2018, 07:11:00 AM »
I have a basement there. No problem.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2018, 07:42:19 PM »
@Joria  yes..that's the bug. Without bulldozing the lot I can not build a basement. Once I have buldozed the lot and removed the pre-built house that comes in a new Game when you first load Del Sol Valley in I can not build a basement.

@sdhoey  is this you altering the original pre-built house? Or have you bulldozed the lot first and then can build a basement?

So, basically I am asking; can anyone build a basement - aka alter the original maxis pre-built home on this lot in a new game?

**See first post

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2018, 07:12:55 AM »
Basement walls pop out of the ground.

That's not a bug, and it's not related to any specific lot. (Play, this probably isn't your bug which seems like a bug. I could add a basement to the original pre-built house no problem.) It's because of the new terrain tools. I wanted to add a basement to my Vacuous Green house -- because money vault -- and where the basement extended beyond the walls of the floor above, it was flattening the terrain to that height.

Before the terrain editing update, basements would always, and forever, sit beneath the foundation. And the stairs would awkwardly slice through the foundation. Now, since the update, if you start drawing your basement while clicking on the ground floor -- the top of your foundation -- the ceiling of the basement will be set at that height. It won't sit beneath the foundation, the basement will be in the foundation.

And, where the basement level extends beyond the house, it has to flatten the terrain to that height. It has no choice. It must do that.

You can decide if some more terrain editing to hide the boxy shape is worth it for the big basement, or, you can still draw the basement on the level of the flat lot. And stairs placed from the basement to a room above the foundation will awkwardly slice through the foundation as before, but without disfiguring the flat terrain above.
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2018, 02:46:50 PM »
@Heart Foam  I appreciate your reply. I am aware of the new terrain tools and have played with them a lot so the issue was not with them. Either way...the issue is no longer there now so all's good.  :) It wasn't me who has basements popping out of the ground so I'm not sure where that quote came from.

When the bug was present there was not a single spot on any basement level of the lot that a basement could even be drawn with the tool. it wasn't a terrain issue. The game simply wouldn't allow alterations underground anywhere.