Author Topic: Teen With Adult Career  (Read 18247 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Teen With Adult Career
« on: November 16, 2018, 12:58:56 PM »
So the short of it is that my teen was offered a career - starting at L4 due to his fame/perks and rep. He goes to High School and then also has work shifts as an Entertainer (Base Game career normally for young adults and over). Not sure if this is intended or a bug. Either way it's pretty weird. I'm pretty sure it is a bug as I'm betting that when I close and restart my game this will be gone.

**edit: This is a bug, after playing with this particular game file for a while it's obvious that these are the adult careers that young adult and older sims are supposed to get offered because of one of their Fame perks. After saving closing my game the career tab disappears only for my teen sims to be phoned and offered yet another of the adult base game careers.  Haven't been able to recreate this bug in any other of my games yet.

“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
Re: Teen With Adult Career
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 04:45:25 PM »
It does sorta seem like a teen part time job with the hours, though. Maybe it's not a bug, it seems like a teen job.
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2018, 08:57:15 PM »
I got a call offering my teen a sports career job.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2018, 02:43:02 PM »
No, all my teens have this now and they can't actually go to the work as they are the base game adult careers. It's pretty funny as I take all the unlocked career items and 3 days holidays for the money then quit the career.. with a sim day or two they get offered another job and so it goes on. It is due to tone of the fame perks they both have and glitched.

It is different to the teen jobs as they..well, are legit teen careers that my sims can teleport of to.  The adult jobs disappear if I save my game, quit and restart it so it's definitely a bug.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2018, 05:53:43 PM »
@thesimslover828 Those hours (5-10 PM) are the regular ones for that level in the Entertainment career.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2018, 07:40:37 PM »
Yeah, no worries, it's hard to tell from the screen shot , also because it was cropped while converting the image from PNG to jpeg.

Update: Final I've been able to recreate this in another save file. I think it's tied to the CAS aging up bug so now that this has been fixed in today's patch I guess that will be the end of the free perks for my teens.  :P

Offline MystiKitty

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2018, 11:14:58 PM »
Can a teen who gets a job offer for an adult career refuse the offer? That would just be the best solution if you don't want your kids to have careers designed for grown-ups. ^_^

Even though there is a bug in The Sims 4, I know it is from the patch and the developers are going to put in a new patch update to fix it eventually so I should just get this expansion even if it's $40. I have loved Will Wright's The Movies and since I can't play it anymore(due to the software being extremely unusable on today's modern computers) this is the next best thing. ^_^

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2018, 01:19:10 PM »
@MystiKitty  yes, my teens could refuse the career. Basically it all functioned as it does when the young adults and older get these career offers as this is a new feature of Get Famous...however the fact that my teens were getting the offers is a bug, as they get the job but can't really do anything if it is an active one. Since the patch it hasn't been happening so I guess it is solved.

Offline Ahayworth

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2018, 02:24:23 PM »
The bug is still there as of December 4th. My teen accepted an acting job offer and passed her audition but then when I went to join her on set for the actual job and there was no interaction GUI so I had to sit here and watch her mess around until her job day was over. at the end of the job day I got the pop-up that said she did earn some money and got tin, which I assume is the level of work she provided, which was none since I couldn't do any interactions but then I chose to go home and the game got stuck in pause mode trying to go home and the upper right-hand GUI appeared but did not work properly so I had to kill the game from my computer since none of the menus were working. The moral of the story is don't accept an adult job as a teen or it will mess up your game. ;)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2018, 04:00:18 PM »
@Ahayworth  Thanks for letting me know.  :)

Offline MystiKitty

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2018, 02:23:02 PM »
I chose to go home and the game got stuck in pause mode trying to go home and the upper right-hand GUI appeared but did not work properly so I had to kill the game from my computer since none of the menus were working.

Yeah, that bug hit me too, right after my Sim was dating his future wife. The game just sent them home and didn't warp me back to the house, I had to shut down my save file. That was because it ticked over to midnight and a rebate holiday started up. I canceled it and ruined their mood. Stupid bugs. :(

anything