Author Topic: My Vamps are Bugged and can't earn rewards after grandmaster. (Bug?)  (Read 5997 times)

Offline scoed

• Watcher
My vamps are bugged and can't progress after they reach grand master. the bar is full but no mater what I do they just will not go past that point.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: My Vamps are Bugged and can't earn rewards after grandmaster. (Bug?)
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 03:15:48 AM »
So do you mean that now that they have maxed the vampire rankings they can no longer fill the progress bar to get 2 perk points each time? As Grand Master is the top rank.

Guide to Vampire Ranks and Perk Points
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 11:08:50 AM »
Yes that is exactly what I mean. The question is is this a deliberate nerf or an unintended result of get famous or the patch. With EA history who knows.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2018, 09:50:57 PM »
I'm not sure..I'm play testing this without cheats for you and my vamp is nearly there so I'll let you know asap. Can't see any bug reports about this so it could be a new bug..ugh, hope not!

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2018, 02:53:52 AM »
Thanks.

Offline Truecastle

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2018, 05:57:19 AM »
My vamps are bugged and can't progress after they reach grand master. the bar is full but no mater what I do they just will not go past that point.

It just started with me too.  I've been playing the Vampire Game Pack with no problems since first it came out.   Then I noticed it happen with an existing character when it reached grand master on 11/14.  I started a new character and the same thing happened when they reached grand master.  Started yet another character and this time cheated up to grand master and couldn't advance them any further either.  Very puzzling.  BTW, no mods.  Only downloads from the Maxis gallery.

Offline mousef

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2018, 08:44:36 AM »
I'm having the same issue with a vampire created today. No cheats and, unusually for me, no mods. She went over Grand Master once and got the 2 points, but now the bar is stuck almost full. I really hope it's a bug due to the recycled Fame system, not a nerf.

So far the patch + Get Famous brought me nothing but frustration  ::)

Edit: The bug is posted on the Answer HQ https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-V-Not-able-to-level-up-gain-points-past-Grandmaster-level/td-p/7179061
Please click "Me too" on the topic if you're also having this issue.

Edit 2: Annoyingly, using the Draught of Reconfiguration is also broken. It doesn't allow me to choose multiple ranks for powers and weaknesses I had before.

I guess it's time to take a break from The Sims  :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2018, 02:28:33 PM »
@mousef Thanks for the link I added my "me too". I hope they fix this between this and the Father Winter's baby bug, making a perfect sim is impossible. Every new pack I enjoy making a new "perfect sim." My saves with fully developed vamps all have Father Winter babies in them. New games can't be made perfect as Vamps are bugged. This is horrid. I can't play Sims the way I most enjoy. Not fun.

Offline mousef

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2018, 03:50:43 PM »
Every new pack I enjoy making a new "perfect sim."

I do the same. I was very excited about the Fame perk that allows you to job hop while keeping the same position, now I just wish I could rollback and uninstall Get Famous and the latest patch  :-\

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2018, 04:21:23 PM »
Thanks @mousef  for posting the bug link. It's quite an annoying bug for those of us who like to play vamps.  :-\

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2018, 04:28:57 PM »
Every new pack I enjoy making a new "perfect sim."

I do the same. I was very excited about the Fame perk that allows you to job hop while keeping the same position, now I just wish I could rollback and uninstall Get Famous and the latest patch  :-\
As do I. They have been a disaster. It is obvious they didn't adequately test anything. They completely broke my game. To bad there isn't a way to unpatch and uninstall just part of the game.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2018, 04:39:55 PM »
@scoed you can disable just one pack or many. I do this often when I am play-testing or just because I dislike a certain pack etc

https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2017/03/disable-single-packs/

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2018, 04:53:09 PM »
@Playalot Thanks, That could fix some of the problems, maybe, but the patch is likely the main culprit and some of the major bugs. Still it is good to know.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2018, 05:07:09 PM »
No problem and yep, I often bemoan the changes the patches bring too.  :-\

Offline blastocyst

• Nooboo
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2018, 08:55:11 AM »
I know this is a month old but I just noticed the issues mentioned here, and some others that may be connected.

Stuff from above:

- no more power points for Vlad Straud, the bar filled once and got stuck at almost filled the second time

- after drinking the reconfiguration potion he couldn't get more than one rank in sun resistance (which he had on rank 3 before), but repairing and restarting the game fixed this one.

Other stuff that may be relevant:

- A sim Vlad turned started as a prime vampire, but only with 3 power points. I know this can happen to offspring of powerful vamps, but it had never triggered for me, so I don't know if he should receive the points from skipped levels. Normally it wouldn't matter much, but if they can't get infinite then the poor minion has permanently lost the low-level power points.

- I returned last month from almost a year break, and when I first checked on vamps after tens of hours of playtime, both Vatores were grand masters. I seemed to remember they used to start lower, but Vlad's powers also changed from what I remembered so I assumed it was just part of some changes to pre-made vamps, until I ran into the above problems.

Turns out they both have 19 unspent power points and only 2 weaknesses. When I reconfigured Vlad, he had 29 points (this was after his bar was stuck), but these two have more than 10 points in powers. They almost certainly leveled autonomously, and seem to have tapped into the infinite grand master potential. Vlad didn't have any unspent power points when I started with him, though there may have been something weird going on there too, he seemed to afford more powers before he drank the potion and got to 29. I should probably reconfigure the Vatores too, and see how many points they have then. I also don't know if vamps always used to auto-level, I don't remember anything like that. So many questions...

I plan to start a new game with the same settings and test auto-leveling and power point gain for unplayed vs. played and same vs. different location. I'm looking for suggestions on what else to test, especially changes in recent patches.