Author Topic: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 12 October 19  (Read 1395 times)

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 16 May 19
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2019, 10:52:10 AM »
Saul Week 2

Life is good if you are a bad vampire.  You get to turn the Slayer's husband for one
Turn J 3.jpgTurn J 2.jpgTurn J 1.jpgDark form 2.jpg

as well as some random strangers, the bloke is called Tarsus Kost.
Dark form 1.jpgTarsus dark form.jpg

Tarsus gets invited to join The Family and brings a very unusual housemate with him.
Skeleton 1.jpg

Thankfully Sans can sleep in a coffin, because there are no beds in the house.
Skeleton sleep.jpgSkeleton nightmare.jpg

Meanwhile your son, born during a non-played week, get to age up to toddler and be given a decent name.  Meet Jacob Marsters.
Jacob age up 1.jpgJacob toddler.jpg

While The Family is working hard to get Jacob through his toddler skills, you get a promotion, as does your wife
S promo 1.jpgU promo 1.jpg

The hard work pays off, and Jacob maxes his toddler skills.
Jacob potty.jpgJ last skill.jpgJ toddler maxed.jpg
What can I say, he's a wild toddler (shrug).

After aging to child
J t-c 1.jpgJ child.jpg
he starts work on his aspiration by making Max Villaeal his BFF
j bbf max 2.jpg
and kills 2 birds with one stone by becoming good friends with Spike (2nd adult friend, good friends with founder)
J maxed asp.jpg

You keep working hard and soon get a 2nd promotion, as well as finishing all the requirements for the Vampire Family aspiration.
S promo 2.jpgS maxed asp.jpg

To celebrate, you take your son fishing and catch a Dragon fruit
s & J fishing.jpg

Nobody in The Family is allowed to slack, and Tarsus and Sans keep working on their freelance careers while your darling wife gets another promotion.
U promo 2.jpg

You end the week as a level 6 DigiThief, with all plants except death flower, and nearly a Grand Master Vampire.  Your heir ends the week ready to age to a teen.  Yes, life is good when you are a bad vampire.

Watchers Note:  I just love the random sights that Sims 4 can give you.  Here's one for you viewing pleasure:
floating baby.jpg

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 30 June 19
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2019, 11:33:49 AM »
Turning the slayer's husband-- that's awesome.  Of course she'll cure him, but it's the thought that counts.   ;)

< br/>
Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 30 June 19
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2019, 05:37:54 PM »
Aaliyah Week 5/Jonathan Week 1

The natives of this planet have a saying about struggling through a sticky food substance, “wading through treacle” I believe it is.  Certainly this interesting metaphor aptly describes my last week at home.

It took until Thursday before my Mother, Captain Aaliyah, reached the top of her career. This despite consulting the strange entity known as 'The Wishing Well'.
Aa well 1.jpgAa max career.jpg

It took me even longer to learn all I could about gardening and flower arranging, to the point where I had reached the life-stage that this planet considers fully mature before I finished my research.
J YA.jpgJ max gardening.jpgJ max flowers.jpg

My last trip to Selvadorada, while successful in terms of collecting the treasure I needed, left me infected by a strange poison.  Luckily my knowledge of the culture was sufficient for me to self-diagnose the condition and I was able to procure the anti-dote before I came home again.
Asp Main.jpg

Father was called on to report to home-world at the very beginning of the week.
abduction 1.jpgabduction 2.jpg
He returned acting strangely and in his debrief described how they had chosen him for an unusual experiment.
Pregnant.jpgv pregnant.jpg
 The result of this experiment was revealed 3 days later when Apollo was born (although we had all deduced the likely outcome long before then). 
L birth 1.jpgL birth 2.jpg
While this experiment did prove the hypothesis of childbirth keeping you young to be correct, he still aged up to his final life-stage before I graduated to my own ship.
L Elder 1.jpgL Elder.jpg

To keep him company through the experiment, and to maintain crew numbers, 1st Lieutenant Mckinley and her mate decided to generate another progeny. This successfully resulted in the birth of Augustus.
M pregnant main.jpg

Thankfully, by Friday I had proved that my knowledge and experience were sufficient, and I was granted my own plot of land and Captaincy of my own ship.
J new home.jpgRocket 1.jpgRocket 2.jpg

My first decision as Captain was to invite Ariadne over. She felt ready to move up to the next life-stage and as a captain can promote anyone, I inducted her into Young Adulthood.  She joined the crew and we sat to discuss our mission objectives.
Ari YA.jpgdiscussing future.jpg

We concluded that it would be a more effective use of time to start the next generation before conducting the formal ceremonies that would see us joined as mates as well as crew members. 
Baby 1.jpgBaby 2.jpgBaby 3.jpg
Engaged main.jpg
Wedding Main.jpg

So at the end of Captain Aaliyah's 5th week on this planet, all her tasks are complete and I, Jonathan Oakes, have assumed my own command. My ship is built and partly upgraded (I'm still working on the Landing Computer), my mate is pregnant with our first offspring, and I have regained the control over bladder and hygiene that come naturally to our species when we live on Home-world.  Hopefully the 'treacle' days are over.

Watchers note: I've been hit with the 'no UI in screenshots' bug :(.  I hope they fix it soon.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 1 August 19
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2019, 04:34:35 PM »
Despite my antipathy for vampires and all things connected with them, Buffy was a huge drawer.  (I know, how can you hate vampires and love Buffy?)  So I started reading and was caught up and binge read the whole thing.  Wow!  Great story and way to pull in so many of my favorite sims.  Buffy is, of course, awesome.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 1 August 19
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2019, 05:30:35 PM »
Hi @Joria, thanks for reading.

A super short update this time and sorry it's taken so long to get it uploaded.  Enjoy.

Dawn Week 2

There were a few 1sts and 2nds this week.

Things like Joaquin's 1st meal as a vampire
J feed 1.jpgJ feed 2.jpg

Siobhan being the 2nd person to get pregnant. Clubmate Hachiro Maki is the dad.  It helps to make up for him being Joaquin's main meal.
S Collage.jpg

Dawn completing her 2nd aspiration, Body Builder.
D asp.jpg
And curing her 1st vampire.  It doesn't count as a Slayer kill though as Joaquin was a very willing volunteer to test the 1st batch of Cure Vampire potion.
J cured.jpg

Faith having her 1st birthday, ageing up to a cute toddler.
F toddler.jpg
Maxing her 1st skill – imagination, and her 2nd – movement, as well as Potty training.
Then having her 2nd birthday
F child.jpg
A quick change of clothes and she is ready to start her 1st aspiration – Artistic Prodigy.  I think the whole household was glad when she stopped playing the violin.
F violin.jpg
Soon it is time for her 3rd birthday, her 1st job – Scout and her 2nd aspiration – Friend of the World.  She also got her 1st tattoo, and after some thought, changed her name to honour the Slayer who was her namesake. She added a 2nd surname to become Faith Lehane-Summers.
F teen.jpg

While Faith was working hard on her 1st, 2nd (and 3rd) sets of tasks, there were several promotions.  Dawn got to Professional Athlete level 7, Siobhan got to Business level 5 and Joaquin got to Musician Level 5. The promotion pictures are less interesting when there is no UI to show what they have just achieved.

In the mist of the Wedding preparations, Nicholas Fyres aged up to toddler and was just old enough to see Dawn and Joaquin tie the knot.
N toddler.jpg

Wedding 1.jpgWedding 2.jpgWedding 3.jpg

So 1 week after moving house, Dawn has reached level 7 in her career, finished her aspiration, raised her daughter to teen, got married and learned all there is to know about Vampire Lore.  Faith has become good friends with Buffy, completed half her aspiration and become a level 2 (Griffon) Scout.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 12 October 19
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2019, 12:37:42 AM »
I just got caught up on your story. Your rival dynasties are moving like wildfire!
Pretty sure I'll be changing my mind now and then but right now I'm Team Alien because....Jonathan.
What a surprise, by the way, when Jonathan's father got pregnant after being abducted.
I'd always thought the Senior Pollinator Technician could only get to non-alien males. Good to know!

P.S. If you're using Widows, you can use the PrtScrn feature to capture the UI though it's a clunkier process.
@reggikko says she can capture the game UI in screenshots using Frapps.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2019, 09:09:28 AM »
Thanks Oshizu, 

I have occasionally used screen print but you're right, it is clunky.  Will investigate Frapps though.

< br/>
Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2019, 09:52:25 AM »
Was really happy to see Joaquin cured of vampirism!  Even happier to see him married to the lovely Dawn.  Adorableness in the person of faith.  Is there anything cuter than toddlers?  She certainly aged up to be a successful beauty.  Missed reading the whole thing about the alien abduction and subsequent birth so that was good to see as well.  Who knew even aliens could be abducted and impregnated?  You're moving along nicely and have great story lines going.  Don't know which family I like more!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery