Author Topic: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: My Generation (Nov 3)  (Read 72989 times)

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: My Generation (Nov 3)
« on: April 29, 2018, 11:39:54 PM »

Here we go again!  I’ve been reading all the other Sharebear stories and finally decided to join the fun.  I’ll be playing on normal lifespan with the following succession laws:

Equality: both boys and girls are eligible to be heir.
Strict Traditional: Only natural-born children are eligible to be heir and must be able to trace an unbroken bloodline back to the founder.
Exemplar:  Loves Outdoors—any eligible heir with this trait will gain the title of heir.  If a generation has no eligible children with this trait, or more than one, follow the first-born rule.
Species: Tolerant—species has no impact on a child’s eligibility to be heir.

I’ll be keeping track of points because Hilliee’s awesome spreadsheet makes it easy, but I’m mostly playing this just for fun.  I don’t have Parenthood or Jungle Adventure yet (boo!) so there are some things I can’t even do. *Edited to add* I was able to add expansions as the legacy progressed.

Also, I’ve been wanting to do a story that shows time progressing in the Sims beyond just the characters aging.  With that in mind, I’ll be trying to incorporate some changing clothing styles/technology/architecture to give the illusion of time passing.  I’m working with what the game provides me (no cc) so it will in no way be historically accurate.  Feel free to laugh or roll your eyes at my feeble attempts.  *Edited to add*  I eventually added some cc which is noted in the story.  It's still not historically accurate.  Just consider it to be sims specific and not true to real life.   ;)

Finally, many thanks to the Executive Council for bringing us the Sharebears!

Sneak peak of Shari Behr
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: Another Sharebear Legacy: Chapters and Stats
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 11:40:19 PM »
Chapters:
Prologue

1st generation chapters:

2nd generation chapters:

3rd generation chapters:

4th generation:

5th generation:
He followed me home
Full House
Making Room
Home for the Holidays
Toddlers in the House
The Home Front
The Shoe Bandit: Part I
The Shoe Bandit: Part II
A House Full of Love
Getting Out of the House
The Home Stretch

6th generation:
My Generation

Points update at the beginning of Generation 5:  (points update for Generation 6 coming soon)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
85   Total

The Behr Family Tree (might contain spoilers if you are not up-to-date on story)

Founder:
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Shari Behr: Genius, Loves the Outdoors, Family-Oriented
Starting Aspiration: The Curator

Heir- 2nd Generation
Aster Behr:  Art Lover, Genius, Ambitious
Starting Aspiration: Fabulously Wealthy

Heir- 3rd Generation
Laurel Behr:  Art Lover, Loves the Outdoors, Perfectionist
Starting Aspiration: Mansion Baron

Heir- 4th Generation
Darwin Behr:  Loves Outdoors, Genius, Ambitious
Starting Aspiration: The Curator

Heir- 5th Generation
Hazel Behr: Genius, Cat-Lover, Loves Outdoors
Starting Aspiration: Musical Genius

Heir- 6th Generation
Holly Behr: Cat-Lover, Loves Outdoors, Cheerful
Starting Aspiration: Musical Genius

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: Another Sharebear Legacy: Prologue (4/29/18)
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2018, 11:40:48 PM »
Prologue

Sherilee:  You know, IC, this is my favorite time of day.
Invention Constructer:  12:36pm?
Sherilee: Yep.  Because the boss is on his lunch break, and I get to hang out with you.

IC:  There is no other inventor quite like you, Sherilee Sharebear.
Sherilee:  Oh!  That reminds me.  There’s something I want to try.
IC: Why do I not like the sound of that?

Sherilee:  I’ve tested this thing on rocks and plants.  I wonder if it can handle something bigger?
IC: Be careful, sweetie.

Sherilee:  Oh my gosh!  It totally worked!  You look just like me!
Clone: So…who am I?

Sherilee:  You’re me!  Except you’re not me.  We have the same DNA, like twins.  But different.
IC: What she means is—you’re her clone.
Clone:  That’s cool.  So am I your only clone?

Sherilee:  Yes!  I mean…no.  There are others.  Only I’ve never actually met them.  They exist in other simverses…like alternate realities.
Clone:  Alternate realities?
Sherilee:  Yeah, you know, like parallel lives or…butterflies.  See?
Clone: Butterflies?

Sound of footsteps approaching.

Sherilee:  Oh no!  My boss is back early!  I’m not supposed to be in here.

Boss:  Sherilee?  Is that you?  Did you collect those crystals I asked for?

Sherilee:  Look, I’ve gotta go.  It’s collection day, and I’m supposed to be outside.  *digs in personal inventory and pulls out a crumpled piece of paper*  Here, take this leaflet the Council gave me.  You can read it while you wait.  It explains all about the butterflies.  Just find some place to hide, and I’ll be back as soon as I can.
Darling Walsh (in background):  Ooo…Sherilee is gonna be in trou-ble!

Clone:  This looks like a good place to hide.  I’ll just wait in here.

IC:  Oh my circuits!

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 12:49:55 AM »
Eeeee! Omw, that was brilliant!  Another Sharebear and I can't wait to see how it goes ^^ Brilliant beginning ^^

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2018, 01:44:04 AM »
@BallerinaHippo
Quite honestly, I'd been secretly hoping that you would start a Sharebear legacy but was afraid to scare you away by PMing you about it, lol.
And now, here you are!
I agree with Shewolf that your introduction was inspired! Such a perfect beginning! I was cracking up throughout.
And, wow, Fate even favored you with a butterfly thought bubble!!!
Hiding inside a wormhole generator--sounds like a smart idea, hahaha!
You chose "Exemplar: Loves the Outdoors" as one of your succession laws. I'm so curious how that will work out in your legacy.

Well, I can't wait to see where you go with your story and its passing of time.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2018, 02:34:31 AM »
Sharebears, sharebears, more sharebears, this is wonderfull, good luck.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2018, 11:55:43 AM »
Okay, I am in love with this start. So creative! I also love the concept of the legacy progressing through time.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2018, 12:59:20 PM »
Oh now, don't leave a woman hanging....

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2018, 08:27:04 PM »
Welcome to the group!  I'd been hoping you'd decide to join in and you did so in style!  Looking forward to see "Clone's" adventures down the proverbial rabbit hole!

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2018, 07:55:37 PM »
Eeeee! Omw, that was brilliant!  Another Sharebear and I can't wait to see how it goes ^^ Brilliant beginning ^^
Thank you so much!  I haven't played ahead too far, so I can't wait to see how it goes, either.   ;)

@BallerinaHippo
Quite honestly, I'd been secretly hoping that you would start a Sharebear legacy but was afraid to scare you away by PMing you about it, lol.
And now, here you are!
I agree with Shewolf that your introduction was inspired! Such a perfect beginning! I was cracking up throughout.
And, wow, Fate even favored you with a butterfly thought bubble!!!
Hiding inside a wormhole generator--sounds like a smart idea, hahaha!
You chose "Exemplar: Loves the Outdoors" as one of your succession laws. I'm so curious how that will work out in your legacy.

Well, I can't wait to see where you go with your story and its passing of time.
Thank you!  I hemmed and hawed and finally decided to go for it.  The butterfly thought bubble...I think it was Fate's way of saying "Just do it!"

Sharebears, sharebears, more sharebears, this is wonderfull, good luck.
Thanks!  The more the merrier, right?  :)

Okay, I am in love with this start. So creative! I also love the concept of the legacy progressing through time.
Thank you!  I hope the time progression doesn't disappoint.  It's the Sims, so it's imperfect at best, but that's part of what makes it fun.

Oh now, don't leave a woman hanging....
Haha!  Didn't mean to leave you hanging so long.  Update coming very soon!

Welcome to the group!  I'd been hoping you'd decide to join in and you did so in style!  Looking forward to see "Clone's" adventures down the proverbial rabbit hole!
Thanks!  You were actually the first one to say "join us!" when you replied to a post I made on your thread.  I hope you enjoy Clone's version.  She gets a name partway through the next update.  :)

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: Another Sharebear Legacy: Steps One and Two (5/4/18)
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2018, 08:31:30 PM »
Steps One and Two

There was a blinding flash of light, then nothingness.  She had no idea how long the nothingness lasted because time is something and this was nothing.
When the world finally elected to re-materialize around her, she found herself standing in a large, open field blinking in the early morning sun.  The distant sound of crashing waves and the smell of salt in the air told her there was a beach nearby.  Her thoughts struggled to catch up with her senses.

“Well that was stupid!” was the first coherent one.

“Where am I?” was next.

“There you are!” said a voice behind her.

She turned to see a smartly dressed man swiftly approaching from across the field.  She instinctively slid the piece of paper she was still holding into her pocket.

Man: (grabbing her hand and shaking it) I’m Landgraab.  Gerald Landgraab.  I’ve been waiting on you for almost an hour.  If you’d taken much longer, I might have just written my own name on the deed and called it a day.

Woman:  I’m sorry, Mr. Landgraab.  I was…
Landgraab: (interrupting) Ah well.  It’s alright, I suppose.  It’s a nice day, at least.  Better than being cooped up in my office.
Woman: Yes, it’s a very nice day…
Landgraab: (talking over her) …nice day for business.  Yes.  Always a nice day for business.  Now if you’ll just tell me your full name, I can write it on the deed here and we’ll be all set.

Woman:  Oh!  Of course. (sneaks a peak at the paper in her pocket) It’s…uh…Share-bear.
Landgraab:  Shari Behr.  Got it.

Good enough, she thought to herself.  I can be Shari Behr.

Landgraab:  Well, here you are.  (hands her an official-looking document)    Now, my records show that you still owe $200, so we’ll deliver the Knight once we receive the balance.
Shari:  That sounds..
Landgraab: (interrupting) …fair, yes.  You know, Brindleton Bay is nice enough, but a bit too damp for my liking.  Personally, I prefer Oasis Springs.  The arid climate is excellent for the constitution.

Shari: (surprised to find herself in possession of bits and pieces of someone else’s memory) Oasis Springs?
       Isn’t there a Grotto in Oasis Springs where people go to catch…
Landgraab:  What?  No!  That’s a tall tale.  Nothing of the sort.  Now if you’ll excuse me I’ve got a cave entrance that needs boarding up.  Not safe for children. 
Shari:  Okay.  It was nice to…
Landgraab: …meet me.  Yes, yes.  I really must get going.  Time is money!  Remember that, Ms. Behr.

Shari pulled out the pamphlet her namesake had given her.  She held it in one hand and the deed to the land she was standing on in the other.  The pamphlet was dated 2018.  The deed was dated 1818.

Well that explains a lot, she thought to herself.  But it makes no difference to me.  Might as well live my life right here, right now.

It’s a good thing I’m not squeamish, Shari thought as she plunged her hand into yet another squishy log. 

The pamphlet she had been given by the girl at the lab specifically mentioned collecting frogs as being an excellent source of income.  So far, this was proving to be true.

Might as well dig up this rock while I’m here, she thought.

While she was fishing, Shari received a notice that the Welcome Wagon had arrived at her lot.

By the time she got all the way back home, most of the members of the Welcome Wagon had given up and left.  But there was one nice neighbor who was still there.

Neighbor:  Hello there!  I’m Evelyn.   It’s a pleasure to meet you!
Shari:  I’m Shari.  Thank you for the fruitcake.
Evelyn:  Oh you’re welcome!  How are you enjoying your first day?
Shari:  It’s a bit overwhelming actually. 
Evelyn:  Well, if you need anything, just give me a holler.  I live in the Bedlington Boathouse just over there with my husband and young daughter.
Shari:  Thank you, I will!

After Evelyn left, it was back to searching for frogs.

As the sun set, Shari tried her hand at fishing again.  It was peaceful, but fishing wasn’t earning her much money.

So instead, Shari stayed up all night visiting every dig site she could find.

In the morning, The Knight was delivered just as Mr. Landgraab had promised.

Shari: (looking down at her list) Step one… empty lot. Done.
             Step two… earn $200 and purchase the Knight of the Octagon Table. Done.
             Step three... primary spouse. 
             Hmm…Perhaps I should find a place to take a bath first.
             On second thought, nap first, then bath.

Note:  The first half of this update occurred in a separate save file.  The second part is the beginning of the Legacy Challenge proper.  I downloaded one family from the gallery called Nice Family from the 1800s by faithpope to be Shari’s neighbors.  They won’t be spousal candidates, just friends.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2018, 08:35:34 PM »
Aww, what a cute little time traveling update!  Looking forward to how the timeline keeps progressing, but happy to enjoy 1818 at the moment  :=)
I'll also be curious to see if she ends up being assumed to be related to Candy and Yuki given that her last name is now Behr...

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2018, 09:04:47 PM »
That was a great update! Loved seeing Gerald Landgraab looking all business-like! If only we had pocket watches in the Sims 4!
Your founder looks striking, even without makeup and her hair all tucked away.

Moving the clock forward with each generation is such a wonderful premise! 200 years?
Oh wait, now I'm wondering if your legacy will also venture into the future. So many possibilities!

So...Step 3 is next, eh? Can't wait for the next update!

P.S. May I use the photo below "Might as well live my life right here, right now" as your founder portrait in the Rules thread?

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: And so it begins (5/4/18)
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2018, 11:43:12 PM »
Oh wow, great update!  Loving the different timelines ^^ Can't wait to see who the spouse will be!

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2018, 12:14:56 AM »
P.S. May I use the photo below "Might as well live my life right here, right now" as your founder portrait in the Rules thread?
Just wanted to go ahead and answer this.  Yes, feel free to use any photo you like.  I think it's awesome that you are compiling pictures of all the Sharebears on the Rules thread.

anything