Author Topic: Seeking Gameplay Opinions  (Read 1675 times)

Offline caitlinrosee

• Nooboo
Seeking Gameplay Opinions
« on: November 24, 2018, 08:57:28 PM »
Hi all! I've just gotten back into TS4 after a LONGGGGG time away. Looks like I missed a lot, but I'm catching up pretty quickly.
I'm curious about a few things (seeking opinions, really, but not worth making their own topic so hopefully this is okay!) if there are many people who:
-disable needs all the time. I play for aspiration and collection completion, and needs get in the way hahaha! Especially with all the new things for toddlers/children/teens. WOW! Oddly, aside from a bit of money at the start, this is the only cheat I really use!
-cheat to get limited challenge items they missed. I haven't done this, but I did complete the magic bean collection solely from rare seed packets, so I'm considering showing hidden objects so I can buy the stump. If I do that, I may as well buy all of the limited items I missed, no? Thoughts?

Anyway, I'm Caitlin and I'm gonna share a photo of my dog, Piper, just for kicks.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Re: Seeking Gameplay Opinions
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 02:47:52 PM »
Hi, my name is scoed and I am a cheater in sims 4. I am 3 weeks without cheats now but I know I will relapse.

I have cheated to get items I missed from challenges. Guilty. I like different life states. The only way to play as a plant sim for a while is to cheat. So I on occasion cheat. Plus I am obsessed with having perfect gardens, so again I must cheat in forbidden fruit. So yes I constantly cheat in the fruit in every new game I play. Because of this I don't do challenges of any kind. I want forbidden fruit in all my games, and must cheat to do so, and it isn't far to cheat in any challenge even a minor cheat like that so I don't do challenges. Well at least not that I record anyway. So anyway yes, I am a dirty cheat.

Also I am ashamed to admit this I have cheated needs. My current save I cheated needs. I bug robbed me of the sim I prepped for this last expansion at least at launch as the father winter's baby bug is now fixed. I cheated needs to expedite that prep but after the sim was where the banished prep sim was I quit cheating. Worse I cheated in the Father Winter's Baby trait after the bug was fixed. I am an awful cheater.

In fact to deal with bugs and glitches I use cheats when it fixes the issue. I use cheats to remove age gain with the birthday cake aging of a few extra days bug for example.

I have also cheated just to cheat. Some games isn't about making perfect sims, mock doing a challenges or even collecting ghosts. Things I don't cheat more than getting forbidden fruit and bug/glitch fixes in. Sometime I just want to screw around for a few hours and I cheat is every possible way during such games.

So in the end, I find I am nothing more than an unrepentant sims 4 cheat. I don't do challenges for competition so who cares. I have achieved everything in this game sans cheats. So knowing I can do a thing without them I have no issues cheating in fun saves. I also want plant sims to be a thing in my game so I make them so. I can't help it, no, I don't want to help it. But my perfect sims are gotten honestly with effort, well except this last one. I will do it honestly after the fix the latest vampire bug, so I can make a true perfect sim. This last one is bugged to even count anyway.

I thank you to listening to my confession. Yes, I am a cheater. I am addicted to it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TomasGrizzly

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 03:18:16 PM »
The only cheat I use is "resetsim". Since I am a control freak type of player and feel like any other setting is too short, I play on the long lifespan which is already easy mode after the first generation.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 03:46:27 PM »
@scoed - LOOOVED your post!  ;D

I don't cheat really at all. But I'm a person who never finishes anything... I start a challenge all motivated and after getting through the first generation, I am bored. I have NEVER played past a third generation, in fact.. once the babies are born and the founder is a grandparent.. I am usually at my limit and think to myself.. I'll come back to that and become inspired by someone else's story on this forum and start a new file.. About a month later I'll see the file in my load screen and think.. "Will I really go back and play that?" The answer is always no!

Then I start my own challenge that I've made up, thinking this is bound to keep my interested... but no.. I still get bored after a while!

So what I've found is.. there is soo many options and things to do with this game. So many brilliant and creative people out there that come up with new and exciting ideas that I am like a kid in a candy store and can't wait to try out everything.

After playing this game since Sims 1 and have gotten all the expansions/packs etc..  with the entire franchise, after reading some of the stories on this forum, I still learn new gameplay and little things that I've never tried before. Not to say that I don't sometimes feel bored and take a break, but I usually search the forum and the official Sims 4 forum for ideas and usually inspiration strikes!

So welcome back to the sims 4 @caitlinrosee  enjoy the ride and know that any way you decide to play this game, is alright by us!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2018, 03:39:13 PM »
Hi @caitlinrosee  I have two modes of play, one where I shamelessly cheat all the time and cheat everything I can. The other where I go out of my way to make the game play progression etc as difficult as possible and use no cheats ever.

I enjoy both ways of playing equally as when I am cheating it is such a nice change to not have to deal with eating/showering/sleeping and so on but the flip side is that when I am not cheating the grind is the enjoyable part..well..timing myself to finish/complete tasks/aspirations etc in the shortest amount of time possible while not cheating..is the enjoyable part.

I'm also a compulsive "new-game-beginner" and need help. Anyway, literally heading off to start a new game... 8)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline DarkWalker

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2018, 09:38:39 AM »
-cheat to get limited challenge items they missed. I haven't done this, but I did complete the magic bean collection solely from rare seed packets, so I'm considering showing hidden objects so I can buy the stump. If I do that, I may as well buy all of the limited items I missed, no? Thoughts?
I use a script to enable the challenge I want to complete on new sims. I posted instructions for doing that at http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=30387.msg488585#msg488585. It's more interesting than just cheating the reward, and (for me at least) doesn't feel like cheating.

The only thing I use that I would consider cheating is changing how fast time flows (I have my own personal mod for that, but MC Command Center can do it as well), though given that setting lifespan to long gives even more time to complete goals than that tweak it's not that much a cheat. On the other hand I do tweak a huge number of other settings, not exactly to make things easier but to make them less annoying and more interesting; I have nearly two hundred non-CC, non-object mods in my game, plus over 300 loose tunings and scripts that my game also loads (though a large number of those are small fixes to issues EA didn't fix yet).

Offline TomasGrizzly

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2018, 09:57:25 AM »
I got MCCC this week when I found out it allows to customize lifespan (I don't get why the game does not allow that as TS3 did after a patch) - normal feels too short for me and long too long so I made it somewhere between (not exactly halfway).
Then, looking through the options, I found out it can disable monsters under the bed. I instantly used that because that thing makes me really mad. I don't know if it's some American stereotype I am oblivious to but it feels dumb to me. Not to mention the awful reaction of the kid - waking BOTH parents, or waking the sleeping one even if the other is awake. This is probably the only thing I did that can be considered a cheat, even though it's not to cheat but to get rid of a game mechanic I consider awful - toddler nightmares and teen mood swings make sense, this does not.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.