Author Topic: How do you donate items in your inventory to fans?  (Read 13873 times)

Offline jessallie

• Nooboo
How do you donate items in your inventory to fans?
« on: December 08, 2018, 07:20:48 PM »
I just got a new fame perk that I am now able to donate personal items to fans to gain fame and reputation points but I can see no where to do this.  Searched the phone, computer, and clicked on objects my sims owns but no option to do so.  How do I accomplish this?  Thanks for any replies.

Offline WickedSimmer87

• Occult
Re: How do you donate items in your inventory to fans?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 03:55:09 AM »
I got a top fame sim, but too much of a cheapskate to give out stuff ;p

So take this idea as untested, but try click on the fan to give them directly? (worth a try, right?)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Anna

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 10:00:06 AM »
I was able to click on certain items to donate them to a fan (you don't name a specific fan, though), but not every item can be donated. I had more luck with household items than small inventory items.
Chambers Apocalypse Challenge - ongoing, game-typical themes including references to woohoo and crime, no explicit mature description

Offline jessallie

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 11:53:23 AM »
Thanks for reply. Do you remember what specifically were able to be donated? Perhaps they like specific things because I tried clicking a bunch of stuff and nothing came up.

Offline Anna

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2018, 07:58:24 PM »
I'll load the save and have a look. Hopefully no new bugs have materialised.

Okay, first of all it seems you can't donate items from your inventory full stop.

Some of the things in the house that my sim can donate include: the umbrella rack from Seasons, her TV, gaming console, grill, "eat the plank" table (but not her other dining tables), patio chic coffee table, massage chair, microwave, her expensive trash can, sinks, schmapple fridge, throwback stove, toddler bookcase, Uni (one of the interactive stuffed animals), toybox, the kid's chemistry set, all the mirrors in her house, baths, showers, toilet, flower arranging table, tea maker, espresso set, lights, stereo, digiRAD keyboard, massage table, computer, meditation stool, all fitness equipment, microphone, 2 of her countertops in corners (but there's another she can't donate for some reason). And probably others.

The major categories she always seems able to donate are electronics, appliances, plumbing, some skill items, some children's skill items.

She can never donate chairs. She can't donate the chess set. She doesn't seem able to donate any of the media production items.

I hope this helps. If you try to donate and can't get any of these to work, double-check you've got the perk. If you do, you might have a bug and need to try repairing your game or something.
Chambers Apocalypse Challenge - ongoing, game-typical themes including references to woohoo and crime, no explicit mature description

Offline jessallie

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2018, 08:10:10 PM »
Thanks much for responding. I appreciate it.