Author Topic: 2019 Sims 4 World Ranking  (Read 10485 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
2019 Sims 4 World Ranking
« on: December 15, 2018, 03:02:11 PM »
2019 Sims 4 World Ranking

The World Ranking has two components: a Wins component (50%) and a Participation component (50%). It's a simple ranking system, but still an effective measure of player caliber. To receive a World Ranking a player must finish a) three regular Tournament challenges, or b) one Major and one regular Tournament challenge.

The goal for this year is 50 ranked players. Jump in and help make it happen.

Final 2019 World Ranking — December 2

LenaLJ          .973   
Nikitachi          .954   
Deveroux          .924   
Nandarelle          .915   
Elinoee          .884   
thekatie0409          .864   
Rainbow Dash          .858   
BallerinaHippo          .845   
GlazeyLady          .815   
Metropolis Man          .787   
sdhoey          .784   
JocyMc          .763   
Isabelalabe          .757   
mismck          .743   
SoulGal7          .719   
reggikko          .684   
MarianT          .652   
CynKuy          .650   
Eighty8Keys          .645   
coolsim9999999          .636   
Vesper          .630   
Tuija          .595   
december22          .582   
sone          .547   
Deklitch          .541   
furbyqueen          .532   
workingmum8          .491   
Sarleenia          .489   
SIMantics101          .462   
SueDenim          .454   
titaniadioxide          .450   
Syrcen          .430   
Whimsical Peanut          .425   
SnuSnu          .377   
mariposa1127          .371   
techiechick          .331   
Noyo          .299   
Ravencloud999          .297   
jewels129          .249   
Abyshep          .170   

Each of the 14 2019 Tournament challenges has a spreadsheet column. Individual cells in the challenge columns are filled with a ratio of how many players a player beat in that challenge in relation to how many could have been beaten. Let’s take a look at Joe Blow and how Joe did in the first 3 events of the season. Let’s say the field size of event #1 is 25 and Joe finished 8th. That means he beat 17 out of a possible 24 players (Joe is not counted), so Joe’s event #1 cell is =17/24. The 2nd event was larger, 30 players, and Joe did even better and finished 6th. Event #2’s cell is =24/29. Event #3’s participation dropped to 25, but Joe pulled out all the stops and won it. Event #3’s cell is =24/24.

Down the spreadsheet after all the individual challenge columns is the “Sum of Wins” column. This is just the total of all of one’s ratios in each challenge column. So, with the first 3 events in the bag, Joe’s “Sum of Wins” column is 2.537.

Next comes the “# of Events” column which is a simple count function for all challenge columns. Joe has only participated in three 2018 Tournament Challenges so far, so his “# of Events” figure is 3. The “Sum of Wins” is then divided by the “# of Events” for an “Ave of Wins” column:

2.537 / 3 = .845

Now it’s time to add the weight for the Wins component. The Wins weight for everyone is 50% of the final score, so we take .845 X .50 and get .422 That’s Joe’s final Wins component.

The second component is Participation. Everyone who submits a score in a challenge receives a 10% participation bonus figured into their ranking. So, there’s a 10-event cap at which point a player receives 100% of the Participation component. If someone participates in more than 10 Tournament challenges, then a player’s best finishes will be used to compute the World Ranking.

So, Joe Blow has participated in the first 3 events. His participation bonus is .30 (10% per event). Participation counts for 50% of the final score, so we then take .30 X .50 to get Joe’s final Participation component of .15.

Joe’s World Ranking is his final Wins component + his final Participation component:

.422 + .15 = .572

Tip: If you have limited time and are forced to pick and choose which events to participant in, then do not miss the two Major events because they both count as two regular events.

For a trip down memory lane, check out the...

2010 World Ranking
2011 World Ranking
2012 World Ranking
2013 World Ranking
2014 World Ranking
2015 World Ranking
2016 World Ranking
2017 World Ranking
2018 World Ranking

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: 2019 Sims 4 World Ranking
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 07:42:03 AM »
Only 10 players have participated in the first 3 events of the season, so hats off to those players who are listed in the first World Ranking of 2019. On the one hand, it's strange not seeing names like LenaLJ, oshizu, and GlazeyLady. On the other hand, it's nice to see some new names in the ranking. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 07:56:17 AM »
Oops! Did not take long for someone to catch my error. Make that 11 players have participated in the first 3 events. Sorry, coolsim9999999. :)

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2019, 08:29:40 AM »
That's o.k., Metro!  Thanks a lot for adding me to the world ranking.  I really appreciate it 8).

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2019, 10:29:02 AM »
Only 10 players have participated in the first 3 events of the season, so hats off to those players who are listed in the first World Ranking of 2019. On the one hand, it's strange not seeing names like LenaLJ, oshizu, and GlazeyLady. On the other hand, it's nice to see some new names in the ranking. :)

Thank you for thinking of me @Metropolis Man.  I've actually been giving my available game-playing time to a different game the last few months, but am now starting to divide my time between that and Sims 4.  I've recently updated my Sharebears Legacy story and continued playing that, I still want to play the new Tech Dynasty, and I am looking forward to playing the Selvadorado challenge that's starting today.  But don't be expecting those high scores from me this year - the last couple of years I have devoted all my game-playing time to the challenges - including a lot of research and practice.  I did that because I started wondering how well I could do if I really set my mind to it.  Having taken second place, and then first, I found that I can do really well, but not with the ease of @LenaLJ  :D.  It takes me a lot of effort and time.  Going forward, I will play fewer challenges, with little or no research/practice.  I'll have fun with it without worrying about score, and I'll still have time for the legacy, dynasty and other games.  I agree it's great to see new names on the board - can't wait to see who will be at the top to challenge @LenaLJ!

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2019, 10:43:46 AM »

Thank you for thinking of me @Metropolis Man.  I've actually been giving my available game-playing time to a different game the last few months, but am now starting to divide my time between that and Sims 4.  I've recently updated my Sharebears Legacy story and continued playing that, I still want to play the new Tech Dynasty, and I am looking forward to playing the Selvadorado challenge that's starting today.  But don't be expecting those high scores from me this year - the last couple of years I have devoted all my game-playing time to the challenges - including a lot of research and practice.  I did that because I started wondering how well I could do if I really set my mind to it.  Having taken second place, and then first, I found that I can do really well, but not with the ease of @LenaLJ  :D.  It takes me a lot of effort and time.  Going forward, I will play fewer challenges, with little or no research/practice.  I'll have fun with it without worrying about score, and I'll still have time for the legacy, dynasty and other games.  I agree it's great to see new names on the board - can't wait to see who will be at the top to challenge @LenaLJ!

Come join me there @GlazeyLady or how ever high I will get.
This year i am doing another way of playing myself, as I havent had much time on my hands to play sims. (Painting warhammer instead, got really hooked by playing Age of Sigmar. And then alot of work tasks)
So the plan this year is not to plan. No test games at all. I can lay all the strategy I want in my head, but will not do any test runs before I dive into the game. That ensures more time for fun games, and other stuff.

You could do the same @GlazeyLady, that could become one interesting fight.
Until now it game we one win in the first challenge. The second challenge I could not play because I had business trips and a Age of Sigmar tournament. And the 3rd I simply fell asleep before posting the score. (And my sim died, but was to late for a DNF)

So lets see if I can go on the ladder in 6 weeks time :P

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2019, 11:04:29 AM »
@LenaLJ -- since you're sucked into Warhammer, have you heard about Chaosbane? A couple of my favorite Diablo YouTubers have done previews of it, and it may be a real competitor to Diablo.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/774241/Warhammer_Chaosbane/

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LenaLJ

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2019, 08:18:44 AM »
@Metropolis Man heard of it yes, going to play it, I dont think so, I am more into the miniatures, designing, building, painting and playing with them (thats a real time stealer!)

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2019, 05:06:36 PM »
@LenaLJ that was my main money and time sink before I got into playing Sims 3 ... so many paints, books, figurines etc sitting around here in various stages of completion. But I was always pre Age of Sigmar.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2019, 06:54:23 AM »
I closed the Let's Get Mystical challenge this morning and updated the World Ranking. Several new players have been added to the ranks, so welcome to those players.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2019, 07:40:42 AM »
The World Ranking has been updated. Despite finishing in the middle of the pack for the Dynamic Skilling Duo event that just closed, Deveroux remains at the top of the heap. With two wins under her belt, it will be interesting to see where Rainbow Dash falls in a few weeks when the Social Media challenge closes.

Offline LenaLJ

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2019, 10:54:59 AM »
@Metropolis Man I am happy to finally see my name on the list. But I dont think I quiet qualify yet.
I think I have been to occupied and only completed 2 untill now :I

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2019, 12:08:12 PM »
oops. :) You are right, Lena. Thanks for the heads up.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2019, 10:15:19 AM »
Not too many changes in the World Ranking today with the close of Social Media Star. But, with Nikitachi's win of that event, she did jump from 4th to 3rd, so well done, Nikitachi. :) Also, Social Media Star was the 3rd event for LenaLJ and Rainbow Dash, so both ladies are now officially ranked.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2019, 07:39:57 AM »
Since the Mid-Season Major that just finished yesterday counts as two events that allowed many new players to be added to the World Ranking, so welcome to those new ranked players.