Author Topic: Rules: GoodAndEvil Challenge  (Read 5730 times)

Offline snabul

• Nooboo
Rules: GoodAndEvil Challenge
« on: December 19, 2018, 05:09:05 PM »
This "Challenge" is a kind of solitaire game or single player challenge. When I was fed up with my Sims, I started to play by these rules to spice up my game.

I am still working at the rules and started to create a "Let's Play" to publish it at Youtube.

THE GOODANDEVIL CHALLENGE!

1. create three Sims
The first one is called "the good one". I make random sims with random traits and chose the first lifetimewish displayed. For the good one I prefer a female fairy. She will live at the first floor of our house.
The second one is called "the and one". For this one I prefer a genie of random gender. This one lives at ground Level.
The third one is called "the evil one". For the evil one I prefer a male witch. This one lives under ground.
2. build a home
The quickest way to build a home matching this challenge is to start with the underground level at a clean, flat Terrain, but there are no rules for that. I prefer to make a 7x7 or 9x9 room, leading to a 3x3 room with a "future elevator tube", to get upstairs. This design, I repeat at the ground and first floor. Then I lock the doors like this: First Level is closed to the evil one, Underground is closed to the good one and ground level is closed to both,good and evil one. "The and one" has access to all areas. Then I build an area for usage of all three. This is the kitchen, Shower, Toilet and a book case. Outside the building I put a fence for gardening.
The elevator is tricky to build... So if you fail at Stairs and Elevators, just build an other style, separating four areas, one for each sim and the common rooms.
Later in game you can buy and build as you like, there are no restrictions.
3. Start playing according to These rules:
For me it is more challenging to be short at money, so i never cheat money. Picking Flowers and collecting is totally overpowered in this game, so you do not Need to cheat. You could say that it makes no difference whether you cheat or collect overpowered flowers and turtles, so you can skip that and cheat in the first place, but... it is still cheating ;-) It keeps your Sims busy and gives you a Feeling to the world.

You are restricted to play only one sim at a time!

At the first day, you can play as usual, but always at the beginning of witching hour (00:01 o clock, when the next day starts) things do change. You are restricted which sims you play and which you are not allowed to play. So turn on free will!

You can make chance cards, like i do or write a list or take the following list to determin which rule apply to this day. This is all what the challenge is about. Sometimes this kind of gameplay is annoying, but the restrictions gave my gameplay a random dynamic which i found quite amusing.

So try it out!

Day 1: Play as usual. Good is living upstairs, Evil is living downstairs and And is living everywhere, as if it where a housekeeper :-) Do not mind competing... ;-)
Day 2: Compare the happiness Points of the three. Keep record who is "first", "middle" and "last" according to how much they gathered so far. At day 2 only the winner, "first" is played.
Day 3: The "middle" one of Day 1 "happiness competition" is played.
Day 4: The "last" one of Day 1 "happiness competition" is played.
Day 5: Early Bird - the first sim waking up this day is played. Sims that are already up when the day starts are out of competition and "loose" If no one wins, no one is played this day!
Day 6: Most Friends - The sim with the most friends is played. At draw count how much sims they know. If they draw again, play all winners as you please.
Day 7: Most Skills - Count the blue skill points. Play the sim with the most skill points. At draw, both win and are both playable this day, or all three, if they draw all three.

Day 8: Weekly Winner - check the winner of days 5, 6 and 7. Who won the most days is "weeklywinner". If they draw compare happiness points. The winner is played.
Day 9: Splinterday G A E - the first 8 hours of this day Good is played, the middle 8 hours Andy is played and the last 8 hours Evil is played.
Day 10: Good Day - Good is played
Day 11: And Day - And is played
Day 12: Evil Day - Evil is played
Day 13: Catch-Up Day - The sim who has been played the fewest days is played this day. At draw play all drawn.
Day 14: Valentins Day - The sim who had the most woohoos is winner. At draw play all drawn. If none has woohooed, count the first kisses, if none kissed, count the first dates, if none dated play NONE of these lame Sims for that day ;-)

Day 15: Weekly Winner - check the winner of days 13 and 14. If they draw compare happiness points. The winner is played.
Day 16: Splinterday A E G - like day 9, but this time you start at 00:01 playing And, at 08:01 playing Evil and at 16:01 (4 pm) playing Good.
Day 17: Mothers Dearest - Compare Good and Evil, which one is a better friend of And. The winner is played. If they draw or if "youcannotordonotwanttodecide", play And.
Day 18: Night And Day - at night you Play Evil, at day you Play Good. (daytime is from 6 am to 6 pm, before and after that is night time)
Day 19: Slow Down Day - Who played the fewest days so far is "winner", played up til 6 pm, the second one is played the rest of the day. Draws are played together.
Day 20: Strobo Day - This is tough... Each hour you skip to the next sim. You start with a sim and every full hour you press the space bar to skip to the next one.
Day 21: Housecleaning Day - Good and Evil have to Keep outside of the house. And is allowed to stay at the house. Play all sims.

Day 22: Weekly Winner - check the winner of days 17 and 19. If they draw compare happiness points. The winner is played.
Day 23: Splinterday E G A - like day 16, but this time you start at 00:01 playing Evil, at 08:01 playing Good and at 16:01 (4 pm) playing Andy.
Day 24: Check most cooked Receipes at Skill Statistics (Sorry, but I do not know what it is named in english, as I play in german)
Day 25: Check who collected the most mushrooms
Day 26: Check who made the most jokes
Day 27: Witching Hour Day - From 0 to 1 am Play Evil, from 12 to 1pm play Good, the rest of the day which is 22 hours, play Andy.
Day 28: Check who made the most repairs

Day 29: Weekly Winner - check the winner of days 24, 25, 26 and 28. If they draw compare happiness points. The winner is played.
Day 30: Homerun - All sims not at home take part. Sims at home loose. The absent sims have to get home quickly, because the first one home is winner. If no one wins, send them all to the nearest Location like bar or pub or park, immediately! The race will not take place and as soon as they all are there, you stop playing them for the rest of the day.
Day 31: Mothers Day - And is played, but has to stay outside of the house for the rest of the day.
Day 32: 2nd Catch-Up Day - The sim who has been played the fewest days so far is played this day. At draw play all drawn. If you do not feel like counting, just guess ;-)
Day 33: Animal Day - The Sim who knows the most animals is played. Draws as usual, or happiness...
Day 34: Bad Friday - The Sim with the most enemies is winner. If None has any, the sim with the feweset known sims is winner. Draws are all played.
Day 35: Thanksgiving Day - The sim that harvested the most is winner. If none harvested anything, start a collection day! Play all sims as you like but go and harvest at least one something!

Day 36: Weekly Winner - check the winner of days 30, 32, 33, 34 and 35. If they draw compare happiness points. The winner is played.

to be continued.

tell me if you are interested in this, so I decide to continue and invent more "Daily Chance Cards".
If you rerally love it, I could make a Video about it with english comments and upload this to YouTube. I recorded without comments so far...
cu, snabul

Offline Mirrah

• Nooboo
Re: Rules: GoodAndEvil Challenge
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2021, 01:03:02 PM »
Well, it sounds like a great idea actually. I would really like to take part in this challenge, it sounds like a lot of fun. What I like the most about similar challenges is that they take time. I mean, it is not like you can do it in a couple of minutes or hours and that is all, you need an entire month, even more! That is why I really like this idea, and I find it very interesting. Finally I would stop playing freecell solitaire, as I have got addicted to that game. I have been playing only it for the last couple of days.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.