Author Topic: Using movie studio items/ video quality questions.  (Read 2277 times)

Offline sarahbellumsims

• Nooboo
Using movie studio items/ video quality questions.
« on: December 19, 2018, 06:44:50 PM »
Can you actually use the green screen and standalone cameras/studio effects/other movie studio items from build mode on your home lot? If not, why are they available in build/buy mode?

I can only have my sim go up and "operate" the camera, but it doesn't produce a video. There's no interaction with the green screen, etc., other than changing the effects. Can you actually use these items, or what is their deal?? I'm getting frustrated as I can't find any information about this anywhere.

Another question I have is about the video quality when you use the video station and/or drone. My sim has mastered media production, as well as skills like acting, comedy and charisma, and her videos are still "poor" quality without editing, and typically "good" once edited. Sometimes they are "excellent" after editing, transitions and effects, but that seems a little silly to have no improvement to video quality whatsoever. I've also upgraded the drone and the video station fully.

Any help with these two things wolud be much appreciated!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Using movie studio items/ video quality questions.
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 08:36:38 PM »
Welcome to the forum @sarahbellumsims  I don't think the studio camera or green screen actually do anything on home lots. I guess they are unlocked so builders can use them.

The quality of the video doesn't impact the amount of fame points your sim gets when uploading so I stopped bothering to edit. It does effect the amount of money your sim gets but by making more (by cutting down the time by not editing) the difference in the amount of money overall from daily royalties is hardly noticeable.

The emotion of your sim doesn't really make much of a difference either, between 'Very" and just normal but making videos that are on trend will. So basically if your sims needs (in particular hygiene) are high and they are in a good emotion (or one needed for a certain type of video/blog) then usually the videos will turn out excellent after editing (and transitions and effects etc).

So to summarize... sounds like your experience of the game is about right and there isn't much more you can do to alter the quality of the initial video or blog. Just seems to be how the game rolls.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sarahbellumsims

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2018, 03:59:03 PM »
Thank you @Playalot! That is kind of what I figured with the video quality, though I wish there were more options to improve your video quality.

With the green screen and everything, do builders use these items to build their own sets that you can use in the actor/actress career?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2018, 06:57:35 PM »
I've only seen builders use those items for effect. I haven't had a chance to build much with the new items so I'm not sure if there is a way to make them useful in terms of the acting career. I suspect there isn't. It seems the most use of those items is by storytellers who are using them to set up 'scenes' and then take screen shots for a story based around a theme. i.e pirates.  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.