Author Topic: Gardening hardships, need help  (Read 2044 times)

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
Gardening hardships, need help
« on: January 15, 2019, 01:17:35 PM »
My plants can never be evolved. My Sims have level 10 gardening, they water and weed and sell the harvest. I have noticed that the little progression bar that plants have increases ever so slightly every few days and then it resets. What am I doing wrong? Do plants now require to be fertilized in order to evolve? Please help and thanks in advance :(
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: Gardening hardships, need help
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 01:45:08 PM »
My plants can never be evolved. My Sims have level 10 gardening, they water and weed and sell the harvest. I have noticed that the little progression bar that plants have increases ever so slightly every few days and then it resets. What am I doing wrong? Do plants now require to be fertilized in order to evolve? Please help and thanks in advance :(

Yes, they have to be fertilized in order to evolve. Have you completed the "fertilize 5 plants" in aspiration?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 01:52:31 PM »
Yes, they have to be fertilized in order to evolve. Have you completed the "fertilize 5 plants" in aspiration?

No. I was merely wondering because my Sims are doing a little gardening as a hobby. Then I went to look on Carl's website, but I guess it hasn't been updated yet.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019, 04:37:49 PM »

No. I was merely wondering because my Sims are doing a little gardening as a hobby. Then I went to look on Carl's website, but I guess it hasn't been updated yet.

Its always been this way. After you fertilize the plant, the option to evolve will soon show.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2019, 04:41:18 PM »
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/skills/gardening/

When you reach level 3 in the skill, you can fertilizer. Which starts the evolving process

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2019, 04:38:41 AM »
Quote from: sdhoey
Its always been this way.
I'm pretty sure it hasn't, because I've evolved plants many times before and never used fertilizing (too lazy). It might've simply taken longer. Anyway, I just haven't been paying much attention to the gardening overhaul they introduced :)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2019, 05:36:19 AM »
Quote from: sdhoey
Its always been this way.
I'm pretty sure it hasn't, because I've evolved plants many times before and never used fertilizing (too lazy). It might've simply taken longer. Anyway, I just haven't been paying much attention to the gardening overhaul they introduced :)

As long as I remember, we have always had to fertilize. But anyways, good luck and hope you get them evolved.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2019, 05:16:16 PM »
Just popping in to say that @Carl has updated the gardening skill sections of the guide. We went through it in detail after the update and after Seasons was released so if you think something is missing, let us know!  :) @Nindigo

Some useful links:

Beekeeping: http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/seasons/beekeeping.php (bees help evolution of plants)
Patchy the Straw Man: http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/seasons/scarecrow.php
Gardening Updates for Seasons: http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/skills/gardening/
Fertilizer Strength Video Guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3Ls3toMUeI
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2019, 05:44:24 PM »
Thanks @Playalot

I will go through those guides in depth. *thumbs up*

anything