Author Topic: Custom Content for different save files?  (Read 397 times)

Offline commasplice

• Occult
Custom Content for different save files?
« on: January 20, 2019, 01:23:28 PM »
I currently operate on an all or nothing mode when it comes to cc and frankly, it's kind of a pain.

Someone told me you can have cc active for specific saves, but they were unclear on how this would work and I can't figure it out either.

Is this possible? And if it is, how do I go about setting that up?

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: cc for different save files?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 02:06:58 PM »
I can think of 2 ways to do this,

Version 1 is to have different Sims 4 folders inside the documents/EA folder that you rename depending on which game you want to use. 

Example: inside your documents/Electronic Arts folder you have the folders - 'The Sims 4 Tournament', 'The Sims 4 Dynasty', 'The Sims 4 Free'.  Each of these folders has a complete copy of the user game files but the mods folder has different content and the saves folder has only the relevant saves.  Rename 'The Sims 4 Tournament' folder to 'The Sims 4' and play the current tournament game without mods.  Later change this 'The Sims 4' folder back to 'The Sims 4 Tournament', rename one of the other folders to 'The Sims 4' and continue with your game with the amount of mods/cc that you have set up.

Pros: The mods and cc are always correct for the games you are playing
Cons: You have to keep renaming you folders and if you get it wrong you could potentially lose a whole set of games.  If you get new mods/cc you may have to put it into several places.

Version 2: Find a 'Mod Manager' programme (there is one on Mod The Sims, there are probably others).  Use it to switch mods and cc on and off before starting Sims.

Pros: Easier to turn individual mods on and off, less chance of accidentally losing a save game.
Cons: Extra software to install and set up plus lots of turning on/off mods and cc when getting ready for a different type of game.

I personally use a mod manager, I'm pretty sure others use multiple folders.  It comes down to what suits you and your way of playing.

Hope this helps
Happy Simming
Helen

< br/>
Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.