Author Topic: Custom Content for different save files?  (Read 3267 times)

Offline commasplice

• Occult
Custom Content for different save files?
« on: January 20, 2019, 01:23:28 PM »
I currently operate on an all or nothing mode when it comes to cc and frankly, it's kind of a pain.

Someone told me you can have cc active for specific saves, but they were unclear on how this would work and I can't figure it out either.

Is this possible? And if it is, how do I go about setting that up?

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: cc for different save files?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 02:06:58 PM »
I can think of 2 ways to do this,

Version 1 is to have different Sims 4 folders inside the documents/EA folder that you rename depending on which game you want to use. 

Example: inside your documents/Electronic Arts folder you have the folders - 'The Sims 4 Tournament', 'The Sims 4 Dynasty', 'The Sims 4 Free'.  Each of these folders has a complete copy of the user game files but the mods folder has different content and the saves folder has only the relevant saves.  Rename 'The Sims 4 Tournament' folder to 'The Sims 4' and play the current tournament game without mods.  Later change this 'The Sims 4' folder back to 'The Sims 4 Tournament', rename one of the other folders to 'The Sims 4' and continue with your game with the amount of mods/cc that you have set up.

Pros: The mods and cc are always correct for the games you are playing
Cons: You have to keep renaming you folders and if you get it wrong you could potentially lose a whole set of games.  If you get new mods/cc you may have to put it into several places.

Version 2: Find a 'Mod Manager' programme (there is one on Mod The Sims, there are probably others).  Use it to switch mods and cc on and off before starting Sims.

Pros: Easier to turn individual mods on and off, less chance of accidentally losing a save game.
Cons: Extra software to install and set up plus lots of turning on/off mods and cc when getting ready for a different type of game.

I personally use a mod manager, I'm pretty sure others use multiple folders.  It comes down to what suits you and your way of playing.

Hope this helps
Happy Simming
Helen

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.