Author Topic: Do pets protect you from vampires?  (Read 3899 times)

Offline TheGoat

• Townie
Do pets protect you from vampires?
« on: January 23, 2019, 01:25:10 AM »
Since I installed Vampires, the game I am playing now is the first one with a pet. When Vlad sent his usual text and showed up, he didn't enter. The dog got up and sat on the floor watching the door, and I had time to wake up my sim, and he went down and had a nice conversation with Vlad, and then asked him to leave, and Vlad did. I'm wondering if I just got lucky, or if there was some interaction between Vampires and Pets going on here. Anyone else experience this?

Every other game I've played, the text from Vlad invariably results in a bite.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Do pets protect you from vampires?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 02:34:29 AM »
Yes pets, in particular dogs were said to help protect sims from Vamps. The devs said this in a live stream around the time of Cats and Dogs being released.

Also sadly, visits from Vlad no longer are a 100% certain to end in a bite, this seems to be have been retuned (although the devs denied this). It's been many 100 hours in game and I've not had a single bite from Vlad since the 'theory' of a re-tune was first mentioned same time last year. There was a thread on the official forums about this, many other simmers noticed the same lack of biting from Vlad's initial visit but as of yet, no explanation form the devs on this issue.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 03:44:51 PM »
Dogs do offer protection from unwanted vampire bites. I can confirm this as I play vampires alot and when a human sim has a pet dog nearby I cannot bite them. So yes dogs do protect there owner from being bitten.

Also Vampires as Playalot said are less likely to bite when they visit now. How much less likely I do not know. I do know it is not 100% like it used to be.

But given the dog was in the room, give it credit as Vlad couldn't bite you if he tried with your faithful dog standing guard. Dogs cost me plenty of meals when my Vamps lived in  Brindleton Bay.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 04:22:02 PM »
Even cats can help although less obviously. If anyone is awake in the house, Vlad won't enter, and that includes pets.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline TheGoat

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2019, 04:33:31 AM »
Funny addendum. I started a new game in which my sim had a cat. The day after Vlad sent his welcome, the cat ran away, and didn't return until after Vlad paid his visit. I assume that's a coincidence of timing, but if it's not just a coincidence, well played, EA, well played.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2019, 08:18:55 AM »
I wouldn't count on pets trying protect your Sims from vampires. I distinctly recall that my Sim's dog remained asleep while Vlad had his supper on my Sim.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2019, 03:48:08 PM »
@Nindigo well, even hungry vamps know to let sleeping dogs lie.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.