Author Topic: Strangerville and Vampires  (Read 3230 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Strangerville and Vampires
« on: March 01, 2019, 02:47:14 AM »
It begs the question "WHY, oh why, did they have to put vampires in Strangerville?"  If you check your manage households and "edit" the new Sims to see what they are and what aspirations, etc. , you'll find many of them are "evil" and vampiric.  For most this is not a problem. Those of you who love vampires will find this a bonus.  I on the other hand, do not.  When I tried to download Strangerville it got "stuck".  So I followed the excellent Mrs. Flynn on how to fix it by removing Origin and redoing it.  I previously had Vampires uninstalled.  When I loaded up Origin again it put in Strangerville AND my Vampires game!!  Mrs. Flynn has faithfully worked with me trying to remove this including a manual, hard, removal of Origin and all to no avail.  Hours of work and literally no sleep.  It's still there!!  My conclusion is because of Strangerville having vampires it won't remove the Vampire game because it needs it for the new game.  So, I either keep both and just try to remove vampires, (not the game, the Sims), or I get rid of both.  If you just downloaded Strangerville and it didn't hang up, you probably own and have Vampires installed.  Do any of you have Strangerville and NOT have Vampires?    Many, many thanks to Mr. and Mrs. Flynn for all their hard work.

Oh, it also removed any cc I had installed.  It's still there, I just have to put it back in my saved game. Sigh.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
Re: Strangerville and Vampires
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 09:06:21 AM »
How aggravating and frustrating >:(

Perhaps it would be worth to post the problem on the EA The Sims 4 technical issues forum here.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2019, 12:25:33 PM »
That is weird as I have vampires downloaded and I haven't noticed a single vamp from Strangeville, Yes occasionally vampire friends from other area of the game will come and visit Strangeville, but none of the new sims in my game are Vampires at least none of the military, scientists, and conspiracy theorists spawned for Strangerville anyway. I would love some local vamps for my vamps to hang with.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2019, 01:20:46 PM »
UPDATE:  Vampires is now GONE!  I don't know why the last time around the delete thing worked but it did.  Still shows up at the sign in page but they are gone!  No creepy world, no vampires anywhere including the Sims that were vampires!  I checked manage households to make sure the Strangerville vamps were now just creepy, (ab)normal Sims but they are.  Phew!  Ummm, when I signed in to Origin today it did say my game needed an update so maybe that was fixed it.  Whatever it was I'm a happy camper.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2019, 02:42:47 PM »
@scoed The default residents are not vampires. If one has ticked it okay for the game to move Sims into empty homes automatically, it may have seemed like some were.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2019, 03:12:47 PM »
@Nindigo Thats why I thought it strange what happened in @Joria game. She reported some military and scientist vamps. I am glad she figured out how to remove those pesky vamps from her game given she doesn't want them. @Joria isn't the only one noticing strange NPC spawn patterns. @Playalot had mostly females spawn. Another poster reported most of them were adults no or very few young adults. I personally had a good mix of Young adult/adult and male/female sims and no vampires or alien Strangerville spawns. But I have read too many complain about strange mixes of NPC's to dismiss the possibility something strange may be happening in NPC spawns. Perhaps a coding error?

anything