Author Topic: The Dynamic Skilling Duo  (Read 11372 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Dynamic Skilling Duo
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2019, 06:36:03 AM »
Awesome detail, Rainbow Dash. Thank you for sharing.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2019, 08:52:22 AM »
Fangs @Metropolis Man for letting me play with Vampires in a challenge again, I'm used to play Vampire/Human or Vampire/Vampire couples so not only was this a lot of fun, it was fangtastic!  :D I thought I'd post a few funny things that happened to me in this challenge just for the laughs even though some of them did give me quite the scare!

The Wishing Well did not appreciate Delilah's donation of $1000 simoleons the first time she made a wish but it was all they had left, it reacted negatively and I almost backed out on wishing but decided to commit and she got the neutral result of a four hour skill boost. It almost scared me away when it did that!

The Incense Burner caused a fire and my big bad Vampire ran screaming out of the house while he wife dealt with it.  ::)

Delilah accidentally became hysterical for a while at the Humour and Hijinks Festival, I let her have a little break from telling jokes and luckily one of her moodlets wore of a few minutes later bringing her back down to very playful. Thankfully this happened when she was almost done anyway. I forgot how many playful moodlets your Sim can get through being funny and it scared the life out of me when that happened!

When Sylus was cooking and baking up a storm, that darn cat of theirs kept laying in front of the fridge, blocking him, despite having a cat bed! I just went into buy mode and shifted the fridge where he could get to it, lol.  ::)

I had a blast playing with Vampires again even though they did drove me batty!  ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2019, 08:57:53 AM »
*groans* The puns. Go stand in the corner. Lol.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2019, 06:15:35 PM »
Awesome, extremely detailed strategy, @Rainbow Dash 8). Congratulations on wining this challenge!

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2019, 12:40:34 AM »
I just realized I forgot to mention the pets traits.

Wolf (Dog)

Smart
Independent
Active

Maybe this isn't important anymore but I don't like leaving out details, because Wolf was a smart dog he learned the tricks faster and he didn't need walks thanks to his other traits, preferring to run around the house instead, lol. (I had planned to take the dog jogging of he needed to be walked so I could have a Sim work on the Athletic skill at the same time).

Like @Nikitachi I also thought about entering my Sim in the Mixology career to get the Snaggle Fluster drink, but in the end I decided my Vampire's time would be better spent skilling instead. The problem with that career is that Sims in it are usually on the night shift and that meant Sylus wouldn't be able to take full advantage of his Child Of The Moon power, hence why I decided against it. I must admit it was a very good strategy and I applaud Nikitichi for being brave enough to try it, great idea!  :)

@Nikitachi Did you use the Amygdelight drink? I combined it with the Geekcon festival for maximum effect and I've been wondering if anyone else used the Mixology drinks too.

I must admit I made a mistake with Delilah, she became a one star Celebrity because I forgot to turn it off in the options (I had only just installed Get Famous and wasn't used to it) and she became a phone addict who was constantly on her phone. I think that slowed down her skilling a bit and I took too long to remove that quirk. I sometimes wonder if she would have completed the Flower Arranging skill if I hadn't goofed like that. (She was at ninety something percent when the challenge ended, so frustrating, lol!).  :-\

Anyway, I hope everyone doesn't mind me posting again, I just wanted to add that bit in about the pets because it was bothering me.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2019, 03:45:54 AM »
@Nikitachi Did you use the Amygdelight drink? I combined it with the Geekcon festival for maximum effect and I've been wondering if anyone else used the Mixology drinks too. 

Sure I did! And Prose and Pops too :D But without the festival - I didn't even know it boosts anything. I should examine the festivals more thoroughly...

I usually never create pets in CAS if I just need the Pet Training skill. Instead, I add the lot trait that invites stray dogs to the lot (sorry, don't remember the name) for a few days and just train them. The same goes for cats if I need to complete the feather collection. The reason is that extra lot members always quite bother and distract me. Once I played with a cat, completed the feather collection and gave the cat away -_- After that, I felt so rubbish that I decided not to create one anymore unless really needed.