Author Topic: 1001 Things You Wish You'd Known in The Sims  (Read 5731 times)

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Re: 1001 Things You Wish You'd Known in The Sims
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2020, 01:49:11 PM »
@Brian_Z Agnes is young in TS3, rich, and has useful skills for some challenges. To the point where it's been memed on this forum for nearly a decade now.

Ohhh!  See, I saw "Aggie K" mentioned in very much the same way Deklitch said.  Who?  I only started in TS4, never played the previous games.  So, I googled her, and the results talked about, apparently, her TS2 incarnation, old and bitter and assaulting young people when they flirt where she can see them.  So yeah, rather confusing when people said what a great idea it is to seek her out...

And no wonder she's such an old crank as an elder.  All those sims using her for her wealth and useful skills!

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2020, 08:15:07 AM »
12. That special seeds with a value of $0 (sell from inventory) are either money trees or deathflower seeds. I had planted hundreds of special seeds before I figured that one out. Doh!

Also with the  SwiftGrow Gardening Station from the Stones Throw Greenhouse (Store), you can see which $0 special seeds are which.  Some money tree special seeds are better than simply Normal or Nice. I've had several Excellent and once I got a Perfect seed.
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline vrobx1

• Nooboo
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2020, 06:13:31 PM »
13. If you want to have twins or even better triplets, do not go to the hospital. Have the babies at home and have kids music playing while the mom is in labor. Note: This is a Sims 3 thing. I don't play the others.

Offline ILoveTheSims2Death

• Nooboo
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2021, 03:22:19 PM »
 To not rely on a website to save your content, especially if it's not a "first come, first serve" spot. Although, I never learn from these mistakes. 🙄 So many beautiful sims and countless hours of building lots WASTED on poopy algorithms. It's not an in-game issue, I guess, but it's something nice to know.

Offline Simsanna

• Nooboo
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2021, 03:19:37 PM »
Okay these actually made my day. Will definitely try some of them

Offline LydiaGhostlyDeetz

• Inner Goth
  • Nooboo
  • Love yourself!
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2022, 07:26:33 AM »
I actually miss being able to play as both pets and newborns. But that aside, the first time I played Sims, I kind of wish I'd known beforehand that the "Woohoo" interaction was really kind of SFW instead of NSFW. I mean, it's really just babbling, giggling, rose petals, moving bed covers and a snippet of music or two. That's it. Knowing that beforehand would have saved me a lot of embarrassment.
"There is something at work in my soul, which I do not understand." - Mary Shelley, "Frankenstein or The Modern Prometheus"

anything