Author Topic: Here I Go Again! More Cuteness 8/27  (Read 15100 times)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: Here I Go Again! ID try
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2019, 09:47:32 PM »
Loving the house!  It has a wonderfully Victorian feel but also a modern twist with the offset towers.  Kudos!
I'm team Kelly as well, if we're in voting mode.  I had started reading this this morning and was guessing they'd end up together by the time I finished it up tonight, but alas, it is just not (yet) to be. 
Looking forward to more  :=)

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2019, 11:17:56 PM »
I'm team Samwell ... oh wait, this isn't Game of Thrones ...

Well then, I guess I'm team Lyle

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2019, 02:22:52 AM »
Sorry guys, had the Slacker reward today.  Actually, it was "la grippe" but feeling much better now.  Appreciate  all your comments.

@PeregrineTook :  Thank you for the kind words about the house.  I've been feeling particularly uncreative where that is concerned and keep changing rooms around and such.  I haven't been able to figure out how to really join an octagon to the main build and have it look really octagonal.  It's actually a take on a house my great-aunt and uncle owned which was sort of Victorian and sort of country kitchen and sort of modern, a mish mash but lots of fun for a little kid to explore.

@Deklitch:  I think I'm one of the few people who doesn't, and has never, watched Game of Thrones. Read the first book, got totally confused and annoyed and gave up after book 1.  Watched a few, overly blood thirsty moments of the show and that was more than enough for me.  Everyone else in the house were avid watchers.  Not a fan of violent shows, I'm the old fashioned type who loves musicals, lol.  Give me Mama Mia any day!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Chapter 6. Romance? Oh no!
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2019, 02:59:33 AM »
Although I've been given good "how to" advice, I am struggling mightily with putting chapters in the first post.  So this double post is try one more time with a story line I haven't already messed up.  (I changed the subject headings and I think that did it. Can't get it to work.)
**************************************************************************************
Chapter 6.  Romance?  Oh no!

It had been a pretty day and night at the restaurant and Amanda was still tired from the first day at work.  She had to admit the boys had really come through and with her becoming Connected it left plenty of cash and things to work on the house.  So it was quite a surprise when early in the day the door bell rang and there was Don Lothario.  Whoa!  She hadn't realized meeting him at the gym and a few cloud gazes could make sure a difference.  I mean, he really is non-committal, right?

Amanda:  Don!  What are you doing here?   I mean, this is kind of a surprise.  Nice one though.

Don:  Hi there sweet cheeks.  Well, I was in the neighborhood and I figured I'd just stop by and, (*hopefully get what I always come for*), say hello.  Heard you got a great job.  Congratulations and all that.

Amanda:  Thanks.  It's quite a bit of work but I really enjoy learning more and cooking for everyone.  I'm a pretty good cook.

Don:  (*And what can we cook up together?*)  So I heard.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Amanda:  You flirting with me?  Not planning on any of those well known Lothario moves are you?  Because I am definitely not that kind of girl.

Don:  Amanda!  You malign me unjustly!  I just thought, if you have nothing to do....

Amanda:  (Right, and I just saw a flying pig.)  So, what's up?

Don:  Well, despite your obviously poor opinion of my motives, I thought I'd take you out on a date, just a little tourist thing at that romantic garden they put up.  We might even make a wish on the well.  Nothin' serious, no hanky panky or anything.  Just, with you being new in town, relatively speaking, I thought you might like it.  But hey, if you don't want to........

Amanda:  Sorry, Don.  There have been a few rumors you know and....well I apologize if I misjudged you.  Sure, I'd love to go with you.  (There may be more to this guy besides those sparkling eyes.  Hmmmm.)

W:  Amanda!  Watch it!  He's notorious.  Fickle, love 'em and leave' em type.  You need a baby daddy but this guy.....well, fair warning.

Amanda:  (W, always the worry wart.  Don't get your knickers in a knot.  I'll play it cool. )  So, give about 5 minutes to get dressed, ok?  I'll be done in a flash..

I'll spare you the gory details.  It seemed to be going well.  A lot of romance on both their parts but poor Amanda had forgotten one thing in the heat of the moment...........

As she ran off to work leaving a poor, puzzled Don sitting alone, her head was in the clouds and her heart.....well....we'll leave it to your imagination.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2019, 07:14:22 AM »
No, Amanda!!  Don is evil!!  Run back into the arms of Kelly the kind and caring!
I love Amanda's different hair styles.  I have a strange tendency to pick a single hairstyle for a Sim and leave it that way for every outfit.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Chapter 7. Love Lost?
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2019, 10:24:04 AM »
@PeregrineTook :  But he does make such lovely nooboos.   And really, he is a pretty good husband, once you get the ladies out of his life.  I don't always use different hair styles but she was such a pretty Sim, but sheer happenstance, that I got carried away.

**************************************************************************************

Chapter 7. Love Lost?

Amanda was a bit devastated.  Here she had the towns best romantic hero at her finger tips, and what did she do?  Ran off to work!!  Priorities definitely need sorting out.  It was just too much for one gal to take in. 

W:  Come on girl, no need to hit the sauce.  Get a grip!  It's early days yet, still plenty of great guys roaming around.  There's Johnny Zest, I saw how he's been drooling over you, and then there's Paolo and a ton of other guys.  You and your eyelashes can get whomever you want.

Amanda:  Thanks W.  I just feel like such a derp.  Kind of like the waitresses that always drop the food, ya know?  Here I had the best dish on my plate and....boom!, dropped it.

W:  Look, you might have made a wise choice.  After all, you'd only been at work one day.  One day, for crying out loud!  Of course you had to show up and on time too.  Promotions are where it's at if you're going to max out that career.

Amanda:  Yeah, you're right as usual.  Well, a chef's day is never done.  Better make tomorrow's menu.

And with that she cooked and cooked until, finally having talked herself around, off she went to bed.

Amanda:  Ok, self.  You got it worked out and it seems like there is just too much work.  It's all we do here.  Like this nasty toilet, it needs a good scrubbing out.  No one it needed repairs!  Ah well, one more skill for me to master.

Amanda:  Kelly!  Lyle!  Dylan!  Time for a break, you guys!    Time for some fishy fun!  I heard there is this great spot where you can get all kinds of really cool fish.  You up for it?  It's magic!

(Joint distant shouts and mumblings):  Yes mam!  (Sheesh.  What's she got going for us now?)  (I don't know but she was pretty bummed last night)  (Yeah.  Definitely not in tune with her cheerful nature.)

Calling up an uber, they managed to squeeze everyone in and off they went.  The day was as lovely as you could ever want.  All the spring blossoms were wafting their scent, not to mention their pollen into the air.  The breeze was just cool enough with the sun, finally, shining down on them.  Our intrepid adventurers were soon at their destination.......

Dylan:  Dudes!  Check out the river!  Man I have never seen the fish biting so well.  I'm going to catch me some big ones!

Kelly:  Did you ever notice how Dylan is all about the fish?

Lyle:  Shhhh, let's just go for it.  What have we got to lose?  Everyone has a day off today let's make the most of it.

Kelly:  Yeah, sure.   Day off.  Right.  And why are we fishing?  Hellooo!  Angel fish!
Ambrosia!  Did you forget?  (sighs)  All right, at least it's fun.

Meanwhile, Amanda has spotted a very interesting tree......

Amanda: W is this the one?  I mean, it's rather nice but how in the world is it going to take me to this "special place" ?  I'd hate to disappoint.

W: Just give it a shot.  What have you got to lose?  (Always questioning my wisdom!  Honestly, some Sims just don't respect their Watchers!)

The tree seemed a bit thirsty, so with nothing to lose, Amanda gave it some water and conversed about how deep her roots were and how beautiful her leaves.....  she followed the opening down the path to The Glade.  It was as lovely as she had heard, but after calling her guys down to join her, she discovered she had forgotten one itsy bitsy but ever so crucial thing......and off she ran to work again!

Kelly:  Well, you gotta hand it to her!  Definitely sorting out her priorities!

Lyle:  Hey let's not knock it!  This really is a cool place.  You're going to be able to get so many plants here and tons of fish.  Looks like we're the only ones here so let's make the most of it.

Dylan:  Dude's, I'm gonna go check out that lake.  I think it's actually the source of most of the rivers in town.  Must be some whoppers in it.....................
DUDES!  This is bloody awesome!  I caught a tree fish!.......and ........ oh my goodness!  An angler fish!    Uh...........guys?  There is something kind of creepy watching us........

That had rather put a whole new meaning on "magical place" so they headed back to home.  Nothing like fishing.....especially where it's safe.  And with that in mind, we'll leave Dylan and the boys doing what they all do best....

Have a great day now!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2019, 07:19:09 AM »
Poor Amanda.  Time for a date, oops, can't, gotta work.  Time for a day off, oops, can't, gotta work.  She needs to bat those eyelashes at her boss and get promotions more quickly  ;=)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2019, 11:06:18 AM »
@PeregrineTook :  Unfortunately, eyelashes only work on romance and getting folks to move in. Sigh.  Bosses are totally immune.  Spent hours typing up an update only to blow it largely and sent it off to lala land.  Do over time.....but after I soothe my mental wounds by playing the "Other File", same folks, same topic, a bit different results.  (Just in case I totally ruin this one!)

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2019, 07:38:24 PM »
Amanda is such a sweetheart!  I hope she finds true love soon. 

Of all the helpers, my favorite is the fisherman.  He's so focused and dedicated to his task.  Gotta love that!   

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2019, 03:44:07 AM »
@BallerinaHippo:  So glad you are reading.  I must say your stories have inspired me so much and gives me encouragement in the dark days of will-I-ever-finish-this-aspiration.  Right now Amanda 1 is resting in her cozy little file folder while Amanda 2, (not a clone), is catching up so I have two good files saved in case of emergency.  Amanda 1 has married, Amanda 2 is much further along on career and doing whims for points.  I started doing this for two reasons.  The first is I'm not fond of who Amanda 1 married as he was being flirty on their wedding day which annoyed me.  The second is the logical, have a good second file in the wings just in case things get gnarly.  I've lost too many dynasty attempts by not having earlier, back up files.  Amanda 2 has the same "boys" in house but their personalities are coming out much more and are surprising me by doing what they want and not necessarily what I planned.  No spouse in sight yet but that's ok.  So the next update may very well be Amanda 2 instead of Amanda 1!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2019, 01:50:21 PM »
An interesting approach! I know I had a bunch of different starts until I hit one I liked. I'm enjoying seeing some of your choices. I hope whichever Amanda we as an audience end up with will have some interesting adventures.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2019, 07:07:10 PM »
Thank you Deme!  I'm asking for an ok to write up both stories as they are getting fairly interesting and diverse. 

I'm having problems figuring out how to post chapters for this story, although the explanations were crystal clear.  I think I messed things up by not posting a note specifically for chapters and stats but will in "Alternatively.....", my other, same, founder.  Meanwhile I'll try to catch up on THIS Amanda.

----------
My No Buy Story

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2019, 08:21:12 PM »
Hi Joria,

Your linked chapter titles in the first post are working properly. (I've just tried clicking on them and they take me to the correct chapter) Whatever you are doing ... you're doing it properly and successfully from what I can tell ... so keep on going :)

I'm sure there'll be no problems with having multiple stories of the Immortal Dynasty going and being posted at the same time ... I mean ... I've done it (and am currently doing it) ... just keep better records than me so you don't reach for Amanda 1 and open up Amanda 2 by mistake; or forget that one has reached immortality, but not this one and send this one to eat ambrosia; or think 'I don't need to write down that thing my founder just completed ... I'll remember it'. And yes, I've done the equivalent of all of those things.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Chapter 8. The Meeting
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2019, 08:44:18 PM »
Chapter 8.  The Meeting

Leland (who used to be known as Lyle):   Ok, look guys.   We have got to shape up.  This dynasty is headed for a big downfall and a lot of it is because of us slackers.  Some of you have gotten connected, way to go to help with cash flow, *I was too late, sigh*, and that was good.  BUT, what have you done for Amanda lately?  And I don't mean you mooning over her with calf eyes either Kelly.  You KNOW you are too old for her.

Kelly:  Hey!  I can dream, can't I?  She is drop dead gorgeous, a fabulous cook, has provided everything for us, with the help of W. of course, (no need to get HER knickers in a knot!), is sweet, and talented and did I say gorgeous?  I'm doing my best with the garden, which is still lacking in tomatoes I must say, and I'm working on making floral arrangements.  (sigh)  Maybe one day......I'll make one for her wedding.

Dylan:  Yeah, well that's all very well and good but.....

Kelly:  You're right!  Let's get a move on and get cracking.  We all have whims to finish and maybe, just maybe, we can all work together and get things done!  Dylan, you've got fishing to max and while you're at it you need to max out handiness.  There are a lot of things that can go wrong without them being upgraded, not to mention .........

Dylan:  Yeah, yeah.  I'll get right on it.  I've heard there's a great place with really weird fish I want to check out but I need to be much stronger to break in.  You know, that old mine by Landgraabs?  And Leland, you have been the one mixing up drinks for us, why not max out mixology and make up a bunch of Prose and Pop for Amanda?

Leland:  Great idea Dylan.  I must say I've been a bit stand offish, judging you pretty harshly because of all that time spent fishing, but you're right on all counts.  Let me at the bar!

The morning meeting seemed to have done the trick.  Everyone got busy on what needed doing.  Kelly off to the garden, Leland getting a quick change of clothing while Dylan........

Dylan kept busy buying upgrade parts, and yes, took a few minutes to socialize, when he heard a rather ominous, roaring, sound.  Oh no!

Dylan:  Blast it!  I KNEW I should have worked on that stove sooner!  Grrrrr.  *thinks about forbidden words*

Dylan:  Phew!  No harm done, *and forgive me Watcher for even thinking of those words!*.  Stove is as good as new, maybe even better.  I'll upgrade it to perfection once I have enough parts.

Dylan: So Leland, one of those for me?  Gotta quality check you know to make sure they're good,  as soon as I clean up this mess.

Leland:  No way Jose!  These are like super flirty drinks.  I figure Amanda would want some for her wedding and meanwhile I'll try my hand at them.  Don't drink them if you don't want to go all flirty.

Leland:  (humming to self about doing things his way).  "And, we make perfect drinks...my way......"

Leland:  What?  Ouch!  No!  Get off!  Not for bees!  No flirty bees allowed!  Kelly, control your bees.....!

Kelly:  (from garden, muffled laughter)......Bee-lieve in your self!

Leland:  Not funny. 

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2019, 08:50:15 PM »
@Deklitch:  Kudos to our favorite heroine, Mrs. Flynn.  I kept getting it all wrong and she went it, saw what I was doing, and figured it out, AND fixed my chapters.  The next one will be up to me thanks to her.  I just didn't explain my confusion well enough before but it's solved now. (I hope!)

I keep a notebook handy with my stories notes in it.  I forget everything if I don't write a note to remind me, and of course, days later when it's too late, I remember. The joys of old age I guess.  But, I'm grateful for what I've got!

----------
My No Buy Story

anything