Author Topic: Here I Go Again! More Cuteness 8/27  (Read 2258 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Here I Go Again! Nooboo news? 6/15
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2019, 01:51:28 PM »
@kattiq and @reggikko :  Thank you for your comments about the house.  In some ways it was a struggle to make but I'm happy with most of it.  I am really fond of that back porch!  Navy blue is not a color I use often but it came out well and really matched what I was doing with the house.  I tend to be a bit monochromatic so am exploring more colors.  The hardest part was the pass through on those off set octagonal rooms and putting trim on the exterior with that weird shape.  I try to not have too much clutter because of lag, as reggikko mentioned, but I really love the way the more cluttered/complicated houses look.  Just don't work well when you're doing a dynasty, at least not on my old clunker pc.  The second hardest part, besides lack of funds so I could finish the house, was building the second house for Alternately.  I wanted it much the same, but different.  Thanks again for reading and commenting.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Chapter 14: Happy Birthday, Amanda
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2019, 03:02:57 PM »
Chapter 14: Happy Birthday, Amanda

Dear Watcher in Charge of All,
Things seemed to be moving along nicely.  The house was as prepared as it could be with cakes a plenty, good food in the fridge and everyone knew their jobs and places.  No surprises here!  Leland took a thoughtful shower and prepared to be Mixologist for the night.  He was determined to meet his goal of three drinks at a single event.

bd1.jpg

Amanda, sampled his drinks and found them more than acceptable.  Her plans for this party were pretty settled and she was confident she would make this a gold star event above all.  Would things be so different once she was an adult?  She really didn't know.  And what about nooboos?  Time to start there?

bd2.jpg

In the meantime, Don was finding mixing drinks was a bit harder than he first thought, but he was game to be second mixologist if it came to that.  After all, one more skill to work on couldn't be a bad thing.  He just hoped Amanda had the best birthday ever.

bar2.jpg

bar3.jpg

Dylan and Don got the party really rolling with a call for a group dance while Kelly and Leland seemed to be slacking off.  Poor Leland had embarrassed himself by not remembering to head to the head BEFORE the party with disasterous results.

bd3.jpg

The gang really were working the moves!

bd4.jpg

As the dance rolled on to it's finale, poor Leland was at a loss.  How to hide the puddle he was standing in without anyone seeing it till he could mop it up!  He just wanted to run away and hide from it all, but was saved by Amanda laying on still more food.  Poor Amanda.  Everyone seemed to be having a great time, (except for Leland), but her.  It was her birthday and all she got to do was cook, cook, cook!

bd7.jpg

Finally the big moment had come.  Kelly brought out his magnificent noise maker and blew a celebratory blast while Amanda seemed to contemplate the future after the candles were blown.  Most of the guests seemed oblivious and busy with their own conversations.

bd8.jpg

Amanda took a big breath while the guests, who by now were starting to understand their part in the party, got in the spirit of things.  After all, this party wasn't just a cake walk.

bd9.jpg

With a flurry of sparkles and light, Amanda spun and whirled into the adult we'd hoped she would be.  Congratulations were definitely in order, noise makers used and.......

bd10.jpg

yes, there was even confetti!  Poor Johnny Z had hoped he would be a member of the team, maybe even a chosen spouse, but alas he was busy doing comedy routines and missed out.  Perhaps another time?

bd11.jpg

Amanda finally was able to have a bite of her own cooking and from the looks of things it was going to be the best cake ever.  Liza was certainly enjoying her piece, (and several others).

bd12.jpg

The "Rising Starlet"  was totally conflicted.  Did she eat the cake and abandon herself to the gustatory enjoyment of the moment, or would she be wiser, and hungrier, and maintain her carefully watched diet so her lovely starlet body would not gain an inch or a pound?  What to do what to do?

bd13.jpg

Johnny and Kelly enjoyed their cake and newfound friendship out on the back porch.  It was quieter here, more peaceful, and they had a lot to discuss besides grilled cheese, always an important topic for our friends.

bd14.jpg

Amanda took a look around and figured it must have been a great success if any of the dishes scattered throughout the house were any indication.  Oh well, more money from the garbage can!

bd15.jpg

An exhausted Amanda slept peacefully on while Don enjoyed a bubble bath and wondered if, with all the stress over the party, they had been successful.  Only time would tell if there would be a nooboo on the way.

bd16.jpg

Last, but not least, oh serendipitous Mast of All, Leland FINALLY got to mop up the source of his embarrassment

bd17.jpg

He did tell Amanda later that he was considering a long vacation in El Selvadorada, but only after he had a piece of his favorite cake.

Well, that's it.  A longish tale to inform you that yes, a gold medal party was accomplished with our Watchee, Amanda.  Thank you for putting me in charge of her.  I look forward to many more episodes with her and hope I will stay in your good graces.   Yours truly,  W.

----------
My No Buy Story

< br/>
Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Here I Go Again! Updated 6/7
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2019, 09:45:50 PM »
Grats Amanda on the gold & Happy Birthday again :) It's kinda tricky with a birthday party sometimes- I usually always get hung up on the toast part for some reason. lol
Can't wait to see some nooboos (if they were successful that is. ;)) !

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2019, 04:26:16 AM »
I managed to get her gold without that awful toast by doing pretty much everything else.  It was right down to the last minute.  I kept giving people drinks and checking to see if one would toast while I did other things, including buying two don't wake the llama tables for them to play on.  Phew!
I really hate parties in general, (in rl too), so that's the one thing I really struggle with.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2019, 10:48:24 AM »
Certain party requirements are just awful. Still, congrats! Glad to see another step done!
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Chapter 15: More Birthdays
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2019, 08:38:40 PM »
Chapter 15:  More Birthdays

Kelly: (singing) It's my birthday, it's my birthday.....hmm,hmmm, hmmm,  No cake.  Yet.  Sometimes it pays to be the first one up.  If I hurry I can do this birthday thing with no fanfare, no noise, and no one to eat my cake but me.

chp16-1.jpg

Kelly:  Let's see now.  Which one to make and for whom?  I think, if I hustle, I can get them all done.  Who knew we'd all have birthdays today?
Ahhh!  Got it!.....

chp16-2.jpg

Kelly:  Yes sir, nothing like a good, old fashioned Honey Cake for me!

chp16-3.jpg

DV:  Sorry about that, I realized too late you didn't want a witness to getting old.  While you were making the second cake I took the opportunity and woke folks up.  Everyone should have friends and family when it's birthday time.  It's part of the penalty of having birthdays, you have to share and grin and bear.  Go ahead, blow those candles out, big boy!

chp16-4.jpg

Dylan:  This isn't really that bad, you know.  Right, Amanda?  We promise, we won't laugh.

Kelly:  Yeah, right!  Oh, sheesh!  Getting dizzy!  Why do we always have to spin out the young age and spin in the .........

chp16-5.jpg

Dylan:  Congratulations, old man.  You made it! 

DV:  Confetti for you, Kelly!  You did it.

Amanda:  Congrats, Kelly.  Still as good lookin' as ever.

Kelly:  Thanks.  I think. 

chp16-6.jpg

Dylan:  Oh, dude!  You are OLD.  (snickers)  Sorry, I said I wouldn't laugh but.....

Kelly:  Just you wait.  Your turn is next.  Let's see how you look once it's done.

chp16-7.jpg

Amanda:  You go, dude!

Dylan:  Yeah, I rocked this whole birthday thing.

Kelly:  Meh.  You did good.  Now let me chow down on this cake.

chp16-8.jpg

Kelly:  Ok, I'm out.  I just know you have the rest lined up.

Dylan:  Hey, sourpuss.  Don't be so neg.  Girl is working hard for us here.

Amanda:  Actually, I'm trying to make my loves cake before he's done showering.  I want it extra special.  I tried to match cakes with you all but this one has to be perfect.

chp16-9.jpg

chp16-10.jpg

Don:  Oh, babe!  You remembered.  Thanks, honey. 

Amanda:  Mmmhmmffff

Dylan:  Dude!  TMI!  Get a room, but AFTER you do the candle thing!  Sheesh, new lovers and their always kissing each other. 

chp16-11.jpg

Don:  Ok, here I go.  (Takes huge breath) I won't look like you, will I?  (Please God no old and ugly)

chp16-12.jpg

Don:  Wow!  Spin city!

chp16-13.jpg

Don:  Phew!  I did it!  I still look good!  Yeah!  I'm da man.  Got my looks! Check out my bod, yeah......

chp16-14.jpg

Amanda:  Oh, for sure.  You are definitely "da man" and maybe we can find a better place for checking?  (I sure picked a hunkalicious man.  Love him.)

chp16-15.jpg

Leland:  What's this?  Birthday cake? For me?

Dylan:  Yeah, dude.  You're like the last one to do this thing.  Sorry we couldn't all be here for you.

chp16-17.jpg

Leland:  Well, I'm really touched.  Amanda I'm guessing?

Dylan:  Of course.  Our heroine.  Didn't forget a one of us.  Baked herself silly.

Leland:  Well, you always said I was a blow hard, so guess I'll just.....blow hard!

chp16-18.jpg

Leland:  WOW!  This thing really sucks!  Still, I'm not so bad lookin' and still able to hold a job.  I think it's ok.  Besides, no choice.  She did tell us we'd be happy till the end.

Dylan:  Right.  So, guess for now, it's time to end.  G'night DV.

Editors Note  I literally had to go through over one hundred picts to get just enough and not way too much, to paste all the birthdays in one go.  It was more fun and exciting to play than it shows here and I hope we never have to do that again!  Everything was last minute timing as they all had bubbling meters and I didn't want them to be sad with no cake.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2019, 08:56:43 PM »
Congrats to all the guys on their birthdays!  Amanda looks like she's eating for two.  ;)

< br/>
Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Here I Go Again! New Update 6/14
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2019, 10:16:41 PM »
Aww, Kelly still looks good as an old man! :D And I almost did not recognize Don for a minute in those glasses.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Chapter 16 -Vacay!
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2019, 06:07:27 PM »
Chapter 16 -Vacay!

DV: Hail, oh Master of the Simiverse!  I know, I know, it's been several Simweeks since I last caught you up and I admit, a lot has happened you should be aware of.  First of all everyone, and I do mean EVERYONE, had their birthdays.  Disturbing for some and just what comes naturally for others.  I must say the "boys" did really way great with their aging up, although that rascal Don seemed very much more interested in whether or not he still looked hot.

When I say the "boys" did really well, I mean Leland, in this case.  He, and I guess the others, had just about enough of working and skilling, although it really has gone well for them with several of their aspirations maxed.  Not that they needed it, but, you know, they are very competitive. Anyway, Leland decided for his birthday gift, and actually for them all, they would take a short, three day vacation to that tropical paradise, Selvadoradq!  They were all pretty tired of rain, rain, rain, which never seemed to go away no matter how often they chanted that little rhyme, so sunshine and flowers, not to mention rivers full of fish AND, a newly remodeled resort at the old "Jaguar Cantina" was just up their alley.

Of course, being "gringos", they couldn't just sit back and relax but had to seize the day and just start having fun!  Kelly was definitely hungry for both friendship and even better, new foods.  Grilled cheese were off the menu here!

vac1.jpg

Well, except for Dylan, who still had one more sandwich to eat so why not try out the kitchen facilities and meanwhile, cook up a batch for Don's aspiration?

vac2.jpg

Speaking of our handsome hero, Don was off at a decent jogging pace to find the nearest and best fishing hole possible.  He was determined to make that particular aspiration his own.

vac3.jpg

Amanda, on the other hand wasn't as swift.  Haha.  Yep, it sure looks the cat is out of the bag on this one.  Our finest chef has a muffin in the oven, (oh wait, is that a bun?).  Somehow I think she has a lot of talking to do because I'm pretty sure none of the others have caught on yet.  They were all thinking she just got a little chubby like some chefs do.  All that tasting of food you know.

vac4.jpg

Meanwhile, Leland, whose idea this had been, was getting acquainted with the locals, and trying his hand at bargaining as well.  I believe he at least met some of his goals on this aspiration.

vac5.jpg

He even made a few friends in the cantina.  That guy, worked on Grilled Cheese AND Friend of the world all at one time in one place!  He really rocked.  Unfortunately, no maxing, but hey, a lot of headway made.

vac6.jpg

vac7.jpg

Don was really getting into this whole fishing thing.  How come no one ever told him how great a sport this was?  He dreamed of the whopper he was bound to catch.

vac8.jpg

Finally catching up with Don, Amanda joined him fishing.  She was undecided yet as to whether she wanted to max fishing or music for her soon to be heir.  Meanwhile, it was just tranquil and sweet to be fishing next to Don.  I think she was just scared to say anything.  Poor, big lumox really didn't have a clue!  How could you see that belly and not know?  Mystery of the Simiverse that the handsomer they are the dumber they are.

vac 9.jpg

Amanda was starting to catch some pretty nifty things that they would be able to use if they actually did any exploration.  At her current bulk she was just a bit worried the boys would make her stay behind in the Cantina.  But that was a worry for another day.

vac10.jpg

Speaking of another day, I guess I'll have to finish this up later.  Nature calls!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Chapter 17 - Big News
« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2019, 03:10:59 PM »
Chapter 17 - Big News

Amanda:  *Ok, girlfriend.  Now is as good a time as ever.  Just spit it out for Plumbob's sake!*  Uh, Don?  Honey?

Don: Yes, my love?  Are you all right?

Amanda: Well, actually, yes.  I'm more than all right.  I've, uh,  I've got some news. 

Don:  News?

pg1.jpg

Amanda:  Yes,  well....you may have noticed I've put on a little weight.....

Don:  Yeah, just a bit.  But you are just as gorgeous and cuddlesome as ever.  If it is bothering you we can work it off at the gym.

Amanda:  Don would you please just let me finish?  The big news is, we're pregnant!  We're going to have a nooboo!!!!

Don:   Well, of course, one day we...................we................we..............

pg2.jpg

Don:  (stutters).....we.....uh.......now?  You can't mean now?  I mean, how?.........I mean........right now?......You ...........uh..........

pg3.jpg

Amanda:  Yes!  I am SO excited!  Isn't this the best news?  We'll have our very first baby and........

pg4.jpg

Don:  Noooooo!  Not now!   Why now?  How could this happen?  Well, of course I knew how it happened but now?  We had plans.  I.........had plans.   We're barely married.   This is just going to complicate everything!

pg5.jpg

Amanda:  You're,  you're not happy?  You, you......

pg6.jpg

Don:  (Think fast, Donnie boy.  I think you just did a big no-no. *gulps*)  Uh.......I mean.......uh....... a  nooboo.......Sure......yeah....a........I just......took me by surprise......just a.......

pg7.jpg

Amanda:  (He's not happy?  He......)  Soooo, you aren't over the moon about this?  Am I reading you right, here?

pg8.jpg

Amanda:  Donald Lothario Newcombe!  You are horrible!   You cad!   You, you..........!  I give you the best news of our life and you aren't happy?  You beast!   How did this happen indeed?  I've been getting bigger and bigger and you never caught on?  Never asked me anything about it?  Are you that blind or just stupid?  Well!  Let me tell you Mr. Newcombe!  WE are going to have this baby and it is going to be the most wonderful child in the world and if you think you aren't going to be here to love and cherish and take care of our child well you've got another think coming!  How dare you!?

pg9.jpg

Don:  No need to get all ticked off.  I mean, I,   well.......you've got to understand....

Amanda:  UNDERSTAND!!??  Are you kidding me right now?   Understand what?  You thought you could just, you know,  do whatever and no consequences?  Like it's all my fault?  Like we didn't discuss this and plan it well before we were married?  I am SO angry right now I could just...........arrrrgghhh!  You are going to deal with this and when you FINALLY get your little brain around the fact this dynasty has gotten it's heir let's hope it's not too late for our so called romance!  There is no getting out.  No love 'em and leave 'em here, Mr. no........no.....

pg10.jpg

Amanda:  You, sir, are stuck!  That's it in a nutshell.  You can either make the most and best of it or...........

pg11.jpg

Don:  Or.........be the best and proudest......Daddy......  Me?  A Daddy?  I'm going to be a "Daddy".  I can......take him  fishing,   and we can play ball together......and......a Daddy....

Amanda: ??? 

pg12.jpg

Amanda:   Uh.....yes, sweetheart....a Daddy.  The best Daddy ever....(oh, he IS happy!  What a goofy guy.  Guess I told him wrong, just springing it on him like that.....awww)

pg13.jpg

Amanda:  And what if our little bundle of joy is a girl?  Gonna go fishin' with her?  What about pretty dresses and dollies, and.....boys!?  (giggles)

Don:  Boys?  Boys!  I think not!  Our little angel will have her Daddy to watch out for her.  Boys.....hmpf

pg14.jpg

Don:  Honey,  I'm so sorry.   I guess it was just a shock at first.  I mean, here we were fishing, in a very romantic spot I must say, and then, BOOM!
My poor love, I must have been awful......I AM over the moon.  I love you so much, how could I help not loving our very own first baby?  C'mere.....

pg15.jpg

DV:Crises, averted.  Fast thinking that boy.  Come on, Don.  Make nice now, you almost blew it....

Don:  A rose for the queen of my heart and the best, and most beautiful mother of our children, how ever many they may be.

Amanda:  Oh, Don.   Thank you!  You really are happy, right?

Don:  Ecstatic.

pg17.jpg

Don:  I love you Mandy.   I'll always love you.

pg18.jpg

DV:  And now, dear friends, the fun begins....

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: Here I Go Again! Nooboo news? 6/16
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2019, 04:33:34 PM »
This version of Amanda is a feisty one!  The whole conversation had me laughing.  Those faces Don was making... ;D  I bet he'll turn out to be a great dad.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2019, 04:43:18 PM »
I couldn't resist all the pics because their faces were so funny.  The only thing I personally did, besides hit pause a lot, was watch their antics and laugh.  She really lit into him with his faces.  Truly a surprise because she has the cheerful trait.  What we don't see is right after the wedding at the dinner party, (which I forgot to get screenies of), he was flirting with pretty much every woman there!  So I guess she was a bit still ticked off at him.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2019, 05:31:50 PM »
What is it with Sim-Men making sad faces when their girlfriends/wives/etc tell them they are pregnant?! It's like they heard the worst news of their lives. Haha!
Congrats Don & Mandy! They will make wonderful parents-but Don better get control of his flirting or ELSE!

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Cruising the Danube, Amsterdam=>Budapest Dec 2018
« Reply #63 on: June 17, 2019, 08:21:04 AM »
He's not flirting as much as telling them ... "You all want this, but you can't have it, ladies, only Amanda is sim enough for all this" :D

Online reggikko

• Immortal
« Reply #64 on: June 17, 2019, 01:21:25 PM »
I just love Don. He's always been a great dad in my games. Looking forward to the nooboo!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #65 on: June 17, 2019, 02:57:11 PM »
Well, for some reason or another a few of my posts for THIS reality have gotten confused and posted on the Alternatively reality!  I knew there were just too many posts listed there!  Hopefully I removed them and didn't harm this one. (sigh)  I was trying so hard to keep them separate and I'm pretty sure it was not something I did but just don't know.   I have been playing both realities and it's now time to catch up with Alternatively.. (I know, sorry to keep you wondering about the nooboo for Don and Amanda! That will be a fun post for sure.)

@BallerinaHippo :  I really loved the interaction between Amanda and Don during this whole thing.  First of all, even I didn't know she was pregnant!  I never had her do the test so was wondering, not that they weren't making a good effort toward success.  lol

@kattiq:  I know, right?  It's like they didn't expect to wind up fathers.  I guess  they just got away with their antics and no consequences and then, BAM!  Still, it does make for a great photo op!

@Deklitch:  What a great way to look at it, and considering how loving he now is to Amanda, I have to think you're right.

@reggikko:  I was reluctant to use Don because it's like he was same ol', same ol'.  BUT he makes the best looking nooboos, pretty much with whomever he mates with, and even when he's just a pollinator often finds a way to have a relationship with some of his kids. I'm really anxious to see what this one will be like, both in looks and personality.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Chapter 18 - Time and "Belly" Moves On
« Reply #66 on: July 05, 2019, 09:40:43 PM »
Editor's Note:  My apologies for not posting on my stories!  Sulani wafted her balmy breezes my way and I'm hooked.  Ok, so maybe it doesn't have much "substantive game play", but the beauty and character make up for it, imho.  Looking to make yet another ID using Sulani but that comes later.

Chapter 18 - Time and "Belly" Moves On

Amanda:  Ok, c'mon, admit it.  You were flabbergasted at how angry I got.

Don:  Ok, I admit you took me by surprise.  Never expected you to stand up so strong for something you loved and believed in.  But, we're good now.  Right?

Amanda: *giggles* Right. 

Amanda:  So there I was, about as pregnant as a person could be, and Mr. Clueless never guessed!  Would you believe he just thought I was eating too many grilled cheese sandwiches and put on some weight.  Uhhh, you guys kind of figured it out, right?

Kelly:  Huh?  Oh!  Right!  It was the weird cravings in the middle of the night and all the emotions.  Figured it had to be hormones messing with you because you and Don were so obviously in love.

Don:  Uh huh.  Yeah.  Sure you figured it out.  Uh huh.

Leland:  Fabulous steak dinner, Amanda.  You sure can cook.

Don:  You better believe it, and in her condition too.  (mmmnom nom nom)

Leland:  Oh, you finally caught on did you?

Amanda:  And then he saved his bacon by realizing he almost blew it!  He glomed onto the word, "Daddy", and that really was it. 

Kelly:  Well, you just take it easy now, ok?

Kelly:  NO, and I mean hard core n-o, treasure hunting.  That temple sounds like a bad gig for someone in your condition.

Amanda:  Ok, Kelly, I promise, no temples.

Kelly:  And you better realize you have three "grandfathers" who are going to make sure you and our grandbaby has everything you need.  No dangers, no harms, and built in baby sitters as well.

Amanda:  Oh, Kelly that is so sweet.  Our nooboo is so lucky to have such loving godfathers, and so am I.

Don:  No, really, I am going to take the best care of them ever.  No need to worry Leland.

Leland:  You'd better make sure of that because we wouldn't want to have to, well, you know.  Ok, time to call this party done and let's get some rest.  Got a bit more fun things to do before it's over.

And with that, they headed back to the Jaguar Cantina Resort, newly remodeled by moi, your ever faithful Watcher.

Bright and early the next day the crew was hard at work having fun.  Isn't that sort of an oxymoron?  Hard at work, and fun?  Kelly, as usual was the first up.

sel1.jpg

Kelly found this part of exploring right up his alley.  Nothing like digging in dirt and coming up with treasures.

Leland was making the rounds of the villagers and greeting the lady they venerated.

sel3.jpg

Don and Amanda were back at their favorite fishing hole.  All problems solved and peace reigned between them as they caught fish after fish.

Later that night, back at the cantina, Amanda once again took up her cooking chores.  It felt good to be back at it.  Seemed like there was so much to do, so much to prepare for.  Might as well make enough for all.  Hmmm?  Nesting instinct?

As Amanda sat munching on her latest crave, she kept wondering what it was going to be like.  More to the point, WHEN was it going to be?  She was so tired of being pregnant and just wanted it over and done with.  Certainly labor can't be any worse than this interminable heavy thing weighing her done, slowing her down.  She just wanted a baby and she wanted it now!

Don was getting tired  of monsoon weather.  How can you paint masterpieces with all this rain?

Kelly was so out of it he tried doing repairs while standing in a puddle of water! 

And as for Amanda, she decided music soothes the savage soul and eases the discomfort she was constantly feeling now.  Must have been something she ate.

Or was it?!!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: Here I Go Again! Update 7/5 Happy 4th of July!
« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2019, 03:43:27 PM »
I'd had such high hopes for Amanda to end up with Kelly early on, but Amanda and Don are rather adorable together.
Such a fun and happy little household.  Can't wait to see how the nooboo shakes things up!  Thatis, assuming Kelly's repairs while standing in a puddle don't shake things up in a whole different way!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Chapter 19 - And Baby Makes Three
« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2019, 04:19:01 PM »
Chapter 19 - And Baby Makes Three

Well, oh glorious and magnificent Watcher of All, have I got news for you!  If your remember, we left the gang in Selvadorada.  Amanda had been feeling kind of strange and had some pretty serious twinges in her tummy which she chalked up to bad food.  Of course, we, you and I, both knew that wasn't what was wrong.  Right?  In the middle of the night, just as they were snuggling down for a good night's sleep, Amanda knew this was it!!  Nooboo on the way and it was coming, NOW.
     Being the caring and cautious father he was, and not to mention his total parental freak out, Don managed to wangle first class emergency tickets home.  At first it was doubtful she would be allowed to travel considering her current state of affairs, but the PTB relented and before you could say, diapers, she arrived at All Health Hospital for pregnant, (and other), Sims.  Don took that moment to allow a full fledged parental freak out.

1.jpg

As Don carried on with his histrionics, (and they accuse us females of being hysterical in times of crises, Huh!), Amanda just watched patiently and indulgently while she met her new obstetrician who assured her it was a piece of cake.  (One has to wonder exactly what cake she was thinking of!)

2.jpg

Enough was enough!  Amanda took matters into her own hands, and guided by a compassionate intern, just walked straight into the future of a first time birth event.

3.jpg

Don, still in freak out mode, ran after her, and almost ran into her.  Undaunted, but still a bit frightened of the whole thing, Amanda ignored him and walked on in.

4.jpg

Attired in her new, fashionable, hospital gown, Amanda signed in at the desk, filling out the interminable paper work while her body screamed for help.  She managed to walk down the long, echoing hallway to the delivery room where she was greeted by an array of truly frightening equipment.

5.jpg

What on earth was all that for?  Laying herself down on the table, she was soon surrounded by massive metallic, tools and gear.  Her doctor, the one she had met outside, quickly began the procedure but.........oh no!  Something was wrong!

6.jpg

Her doctor managed to avoid most of the spurting bodily fluids and continued as if this was just a normal part of the day.  She tapped away at the keyboard controlling the machine and just calmly carried on.  Amanda, seeing what was coming at her, was not at all reassured.  I think, "terrified" comes to mind.

7.jpg

Letting out a whimper, ....ok, a scream.....Amanda was sure this was going to be even more painful than natural childbirth at home.  Even if she was to survive it, that is.

8.jpg

The horrors just kept coming on.  Almost as bad as being abducted by......well......you know who.....

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Seemingly resigned to her fate, and seeing no way of escape, Amanda turned away and prayed that at least her noo boo would be spared.

12.jpg

By this time she was a bit emotionally numb as she watched the latest gadget heading her way.  She had survived so far so this couldn't be any worse, right?

13.jpg

WRONG!  She knew she would give her heart to her nooboo, but this was taking things a bit too literally!

14.jpg

Amanda resignedly bid the world good-bye, thinking she would never hold her nooboo in her arms  She offered up her heart and all her love to the unborn child and prepared to meet Grim.

15.jpg

16.jpg

The panic stricken look on her doctor's face, as she worked fast and furious to save the lives in her charge, was something to behold.

17.jpg

The now unconscious Amanda, was unaware as the extraction process began.

19.jpg

Waking up, a now smiling Amanda gazed with joy at the little bundle safely snuggled down in the bassinett next to her.  A new life has been born!

20.jpg

What?  Hmmm......emergency you say.....ok.......Uh...Master of All Watchers, sorry but gotta go now.  No time left......We'll continue this soon, I promise.   What?  Name?  Sex?  Gotta run!

Editor's Note:  Apologies for the lengthy amount of screen shots.  I had never watched a nooboo being born before and found the facial expressions too cute to not share.....and you should see the ones I deleted, like when both Don and Amanda took a side trip to the hospital cafeteria to have a nosh!  Also, apologies for the cliff hangar.  I promise, there won't be as many screenies.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Here I Go Again! Update - And Baby Makes Three (7/23/19)
« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2019, 10:32:45 AM »
Lol! I've never watched the Hospital birth that closely but now I will. Hilarious facial expressions for sure.
Can't wait to see the nooboo :)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2019, 12:35:16 PM »
Yeah, the hospital births with the mishaps and facial expressions are pretty great!!!  Can't fault you one bit for enjoying the show  ;=)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2019, 03:40:11 PM »
Thanks, @kattiq and @PeregrineTook !  Seems like I have forgotten you guys and this story but I haven't.  The truth is, I don't really have a "story", this time around, unlike you two and others.  I'm basically, and at length, just going with the flow and relearning how to play this game.  Oh sure, there is a general, two worlds, same people, what did they do differently, kind of thing, but no earth shattering, funny, or profound tale.  I am enamored of the things the characters do, and how they totally ignore what I personally want from them and somehow manage to live their own lives.  So frustrating at times!  You tell them to go somewhere and they go somewhere else, etc., and meanwhile you are taking screenies and weaving a bit of a story around what they are doing.  So what I've been doing, is playing the game, taking screenshots, and pulling it all together into chapters of their lives which takes a lot of time.  The good news is, while you've been waiting to see the adorable nooboo, I've been chronicling the next part of the story, and hoping to find my "voice" in telling the tale.  So thanks for reading and your kind words and most of all, your patience.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Chapter 20 - Welcome Donanda!
« Reply #72 on: July 31, 2019, 06:15:03 PM »
Chapter 20 - Welcome Donanda!

She did it!  Really, oh Glorious and Magnificent Watcher of All, I was having my doubts there.  I mean, when that doctor pulled out the heart!  And all the fluids spurting everywhere.  Too gross for words.  But I digress.  His freak out successfully behind him, Don entered the birthing room and finally was able to let his anxieties go. 

Don:  You're ok?  Everything went well?

Amanda:  I'm fine, Don.  Piece of cake.  Would you like to meet your new daughter?

Don:  Daughter?  I have a daughter? 

Amanda:  Yes.  Our first little nooboo. 

Don: (stunned) I have a daughter.  A little girl.  Someone to protect.  A daughter....
What did you name her?

Amanda:  I named her Donanda Lee as we had planned.  Isn't she beautiful?

Don:  A daughter......

Amanda:  Shushushu.  It's alright little one.  Mommy has you.  That silly man with the goofy look is your daddy.   Yes, it's alright sweetheart.

Don:  A daughter.......

Amanda:  It's ok, Princess.  Just the big, wide world out there.  No need to be afraid.  It's just lights.  I know they must have looked and sounded very differently a few moments ago.  Mommy loves you so much.

Don:  A daughter.......(to himself, "How do I do this?  How do I take care of a daughter?  So much to do.  Protect.  Provide.  Love.  My little girl.....")

Donanda:  Lemme outta here!

Amanda:  Oh you are so cute.  My iddle wee noobookins.

Stunned looks and silly baby talk not withstanding, the trio finally called up a ride and made their way home.  Baby D was placed safely in her little bassinett and Don, finally over the shock of it all, finally got a chance to get a good look at his daughter.

Well, there was certainly no doubt who the father was!  It's a good thing Don is on the handsome side.  Baby D was definitely the spit and image of him.

True to his word, not to mention his heart, Kelly was the first of the "grandfathers" to take care of Baby D.  Even changing a messy diaper didn't phase him in the slightest.

It just felt so natural to hold this little bit of Simanity.  She certainly had a good appetite.  He could imagine her feasting on all the produce he grew, just for her.

Meanwhile, Amanda finally had a chance to relax and grab a bite to eat.  She was completely secure in the knowledge her baby was being well cared for.  A good thing too!

Don took this opportunity to brag about the baby, what a trooper Amanda had been, and of course, how awesome he was during the delivery, completely avoiding the freak out.  No one needed to know that part.  Right?

Kelly joined Don and Leyland while Don was doing his best telling Leyland how awesome children were.  Both men were disturbed over Leyland's obvious hatred of children and were worried about how it was all going to play out.  After all, Donanda was here to stay.

And so, oh Great and Magnificent one, we can leave them to midnight feedings, lack of sleep and a growing baby.  You've got to admit, they done good!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
Re: Here I Go Again! Update -Welcome Donanda 7/31
« Reply #73 on: August 01, 2019, 12:19:32 PM »
Aww, Don isn't evil. He is too simple for that. I doubt he is aware of right and wrong, even ;D

Let's hope Donanda goes free of the Don-dimples and -chin. Oh, wait...it looks like you already gave him smoother cheeks at least. It's funny to see him as a mature adult for once.

Nooboos always look horrified after having entered the world. I recall taking shots of it myself way back. Good fun.

Good luck, Joria!
~ A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear ~
Origin ID: Nindigo79

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Here I Go Again! Update -Welcome Donanda 7/31
« Reply #74 on: August 01, 2019, 03:22:00 PM »
Thanks, Nindigo.  No, Don is definitely not evil, but Leyland comes close.  He's always thinking and pulling up whims to destroy doll houses and be mean to kids, so he is definitely someone to watch out for.  At this part of the story the "boys" are only catching on to the chance he could be mean to Donanda.
   The only changes to Don I made in cas was hair style.  I really didn't like the one he sported all the time, and clothes of course.  I'm pretty old fashioned, (goes with my age I guess), so the ragged torn jeans and baggie pants/shorts are not for me.  Besides, he looks so awesome in a suit!
   I'd never seen that look on a nooboo before but I almost always had a home birth.  The last time I played, (two years ago), there were glitches with using the hospital so I never went there.  This time it was worth it!
    I've got more chapters almost ready to go so be prepared.  Donanda is adorable.

----------
My No Buy Story

anything