Author Topic: Perks and Weaknesses Persist After Cure  (Read 3099 times)

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
Perks and Weaknesses Persist After Cure
« on: May 28, 2019, 12:34:24 PM »
Hey guys,

I have a vampire who is from before the perk points became limited upon reaching grandmaster rank. He has had his perks and weaknesses reset several times before that time as well. Now, I have a problem on my hands that I can't seem to get rid of it. Not even with a cure. My now former vampire displays two moodlets and their associated behaviors plus a third, simultaneously - Sadness Eternal, Tamed Thirst, and Dampened Emotions.

I have tried resetting the Sim, re-traiting him, used mods to remove buffs/moodlets (they just re-appear after a few seconds), curing him of vampirism using both cheats and the regular means. Even turned him into a plantsim. Nothing has had any effect. My Sim remains very sad amidst his other dampened emotions while also getting the bouts of hissing while covering his mouth which is the Tamed Thirst behavior.

Any ideas? I haven't tried cloning him or creating an identical twin, but I might have to resolve to one of those.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Perks and Weaknesses Persist After Cure
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 08:11:46 PM »
Oh dear, it sounds like cloning him may be your only option. I think the vampires that were around before the patch/bug fix to gaining perk points after Grand Master haven't ever really been the same. I know all of mine got bugged out as soon as I tried changing them in any way. I just gave up and started a new game as I have them all saved to my library with their weakness/powers etc. But cloning them and then cheating everything to just how you like it is also a viable option. It also could be the saved game, many bug fixes don't apply particularly well (or even at all ) retroactively to existing/older saves.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 02:25:38 AM »
Thanks, Playalot.

Well, I plucked him from my gallery and put him in a fresh game, so the save itself shouldn't be problematic. I tried making him a vampire through normal means yesterday...I have never seen a Sim vomit so profusely after every single mouthful of food. One dish, made him vomit 5 times or so, and on the floor as well just next to the bathroom :o

After he became a vampire again, he still had the moodlets/buffs. Drinking a freshly made drink to reset his perks had no effect, and he still has 600+ perk points. He was an NPC for a short time back before the patch, where it was somehow possible for them to accumulate an insane amount of points in a matter of days.

Well, I give up. I will try to duplicate him.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2019, 02:39:43 AM »
If he was saved from a bugged game and then put up on the Gallery that may still be the issue. All my vamps in my library are from when the game pack first came out. It's so annoying when things like this happen, hopefully recreating him will work, I mean it should...as a brand new sim in a brand new game, what can go wrong, right?
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.