Author Topic: Value of Space Rocks  (Read 1539 times)

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Value of Space Rocks
« on: May 29, 2019, 04:28:06 PM »
Hi, I'm wondering if anybody else has had this problem of space rocks (at least from dystopian future) not increasing in value at all when they are analyzed? I've had my sim analyze several and despite the fact that it says that the rock is "far more valuable than estimated," the value does not change at all. :(

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Re: Value of Space Rocks
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 09:50:19 AM »

Well, I've come to the conclusion that my game is glitched and I may have to move my family to a different world. One of the sims in the family owns a resort and her ltw is not registering that she is getting any profit from it. I reset the town and will see if that worked.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2019, 08:27:43 PM »
To be honest ... I've never really paid any attention to the value of space rocks before analysing them.

I've just analysed them, and received the various messages, cheering silently when they are stated to be more valuable than their initial assessment and booing silently when they are stated to be valued considerably less than their initial assessment.

I have never managed to get the alternate futures in the ITF world, however ... instead loving the Star Trek inspired clothing, build objects and buy objects it brings into the game.

In your game, are you having the same issues with space rocks from your base world? And is your base world Island Paradise? Could it be some kind of interplay between ITF and Island Paradise packs?

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2019, 10:26:44 AM »
Hi Dek! I think the problem was w/huge lag. The rocks did eventually increase in value, but there was lag in everything. I had been playing that world/family for a while. I wound up moving them b/c the world was very glitched. One of the family members owned a resort and her ltw was to be a resort....(can't remember the rest of the name) and it just wasn't registering that she was getting any money from it. I'm in the process of moving them now.

To answer your question, it is a world that was created for the apocalypse challenge. Overall, it's good, but I think I may have too many sims in that world. I've been playing it for a while now.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2019, 05:19:04 PM »
I'm coming to the conclusion now that the meteors/gigantic and other space rocks that are collected from the dystopian future are already at full value and cannot be increased. All the analyzing does is identify which type of meteor it is. This is my first time in exploring the dystopian future.

anything