Author Topic: Island Living - beachfront mansion thing  (Read 5196 times)

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
Island Living - beachfront mansion thing
« on: June 21, 2019, 05:56:00 PM »

I might want to add more pictures in time, so I figured I do a thread.

In the last week or so I've loaded up an old Landgraab save and have been planning this house, because the Affluista Mansion lot is the same size as this. As I write, I haven't spent even 1 second playing in Sulani. I've just loaded up a save a plonked down this house to see if it works.

It doesn't work. Most of the roof went missing, and 5 minutes were spent quickly fixing that. (And I haven't remembered how I did the roof the first time, so it's different.) The downstairs kitchen has disappeared, along with glorious indoor pool inspired by my Vacuous Green house, the laundry, and the rocket bunker which was where that fountain is, and a money vault. (It looks really cool with a rocket bunker there.) Tomorrow I might have to add a picture of the original to demonstrate. But this house now has no kitchen, and the ground floor is fully accounted for, so there's no obvious place to put it. No food = problems. Sims could not live here. And now there are narrow stairwells which went to the basement level that are empty, so some of the floor plan is a mess.

If I build the house again in a start-from-nothing scenario, or if I go back and edit this one, I'd obviously use some of the new build mode items. I added a water ladder and Aqua Zip, and a palm tree, but that's it. As you see it's mostly built without Island Living. 

I think a few chimneys also went missing. Anyway. It looks okay on the outside, and I thought I'd share because it's not the kind of beach house I've seen people build.
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
Re: Island Living - beachfront mansion thing
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2019, 01:50:46 PM »

The Roswells have raised a magnificent child (and money trees), and legitimately could afford to purchase this house. I now have a sim living here, and set about to moving things around to fit in a kitchen. So this is me in build mode, and a tiny bit of zoom and the floor outside disappears. The back terrace is really glitchy as you see, placing things on there is nigh impossible.

An empty stairwell to a non-existent basement can be clearly seen.

It's probably because I've got "rooms" within rooms that the floor disappears, so know to not do that. I had rooms within rooms only to give the concrete "grass" some edging. 
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 04:49:15 AM »

The above is the en suite for the master bedroom.

And that's Amy Roswell. I thought I'd use a family from the previous world to have a child that's my first sim in the new world.

When I built this house, and those (really nice) galleries either side of the entrance, I had in mind the collectible frogs and relics from archaeology, not knowing what collectibles would be found on the island. The pedestals could be swapped out for something larger if an item doesn't fit, and I want to have an artist  to get those lights that I think will fit the space better. I don't do Build Mode Specials, there's zero cheating. I play these houses. If I want an item, I do the career. And you should too! Don't just download a fancy house! Something you make yourself is more rewarding -- sometimes called "the IKEA effect" in psychology.

There's a gym in the bottom left corner (and adjacent breakfast nook, off screen), that gets the morning sun just like the painting / music room gets the evening sun. Such a beautiful world.

He's a really odd shaped sim from the gallery, because we like weird kids.

Master bedroom. I don't usually make one that big. There's even a walk-in Get Famous closet.

A better look at the west wing gallery. There's a shell and a reward from a gold kava party. I've never built anything like this in a house.

-----

For the sake of interest, this is the original Affluista Mansion house. The rocket bunker and money vault.

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2019, 12:55:10 PM »

That outfit is actually what Amy aged up in, back in StrangerVille, as teen. Not horrible! She has a brother, Dexter, and Morgan Fyres (now Morgan Roswell) was shuffled over there as Dexter's +1 to keep that house alive.

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2019, 01:01:48 PM »

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2019, 05:49:07 AM »

Extreme pear Father Winter. Winterfest is what got me to remodel the landing to fit the tree.

One of the sims had a whim for a hot tub, which I pinned, and I eventually fulfilled that wish -- it's in the previous post -- but it looked like an afterthought. Now it hopefully looks like it belongs.

About to head out to the awards ceremony. Both of them were pursuing fame (and both are now global superstars in game, just trying to get the autonomous selfies in the aspiration...) with videos and music production. Gold starry trophy for the walk-in closet. Amy is using the cheapest laptop because a big bulky desktop wasn't the vibe I wanted. But it's fully upgraded, and even Hillock II is modded. Amy -- top-notch toddler, gold scout, gifted in every possible way, all the positive character traits, fast learner, savant, morning sim, night owl -- is a skilling machine. She's therefore Handy (and shameless, observant, frugal, carefree, tutor, storm chaser, master of stove and grills, etc.) ... oh yes, right, Handy is such a useful trait to get early on. Have all the plumbing and devices reach their true potential.

-----

On a story digression, Amy only had about 3 days as a teen, and therefore didn't become an A student with the head start that gives in careers. But she is famous, and has a pristine reputation. So I didn't start a career with her. She waited to be offered something. First up was the culinary career, which she maxed as a mixologist. After all the juice she consumed she was obviously fully qualified to be offered level 5 astronaut. Obviously. And that's why the rocket has returned in that picture above. So she's just rolling with what comes her way because of fame.

There is a toddler, Christina Roswell, and toddlers are buggy at the moment. Avoid toys, and if you have City Living, feed 'em siopao because that doesn't have a plate that can get stuck. If there are other foods without a plate, that would also work, but that's the one that came to mind in a desperate situation when Christina's needs were all in the red.

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2019, 07:18:31 AM »

I guess not much has changed, but seeing the 1st and 2nd floors might be useful / inspirational.

This is a story-lite building thread, but the toddler is now this teen. Christina has the same father (the very odd shaped man you've seen in the kitchen, but who was eventually normalized slightly, but only after Christina was conceived), as the two other teens below. They came around for her celebrity meet and greet. I think that's Meredith Roswell's eye colour and nose shape still going strong. So, the "breed out the ugly"... is done. We like weird kids, and didn't get one. Not at all.

There's a focused room on one side, a laundry and bathroom on the other side. The huge microscope doesn't fit in the room, and for now that doesn't bother me. The kid's science table and woodworking table are up there in the attic, and it's fine for how often they are used. There's a computer too, for someone who needs to stay focused for programming or hacking.

Exit Bunthorne.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2020, 04:57:00 AM »
This house got a Discover University makeover. Well, I've dipped into this save with some regularity, even if it's just a sim day or two.

I didn't like the green concrete "grass" -- I liked the green -- so instead it's channeling a more urban waterfront vibe. The park benches, the street lights, the bins, the fence, the paving, the basketball.

Back:

Front:

Normal SimView:

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2020, 04:57:45 AM »
The original Affluista Mansion one.

Edit:

The entrance no longer suited the house.

The sims in this house (I never build just for it's own sake) are Arielle and Amanda Landgraab, my first ever TS4 children (from late 2014?) who are long overdue a nice house and an apology for bankrupting them. I didn't even raise my first Sims children. The bills at the Landgraab house scared me so I started another household. I didn't realise it wasn't another save file until I saw them walking past.

I resurrected that old save when I was building in anticipation of Island Living, but didn't play the family much. I have half an idea of building this in my current Dynasty save for someone, maybe at Oakenstead.

Exit Bunthorne.

anything