Author Topic: Mersims in the wild?  (Read 4537 times)

Offline jdzane

• Nooboo
Mersims in the wild?
« on: June 23, 2019, 12:31:18 AM »
I'm trying to figure out if you can find mermen and mermaids just walking around town as townies?  Some other places have said they'll display "fishy behavior" on land, but I have zero idea what that looks like.

Trying to get my human girl to find a merman to procreate!

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Re: Mersims in the wild?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2019, 01:10:34 AM »
OK there is two ways a normal sim can figure out if a sim is a mermaid or not. First you can ask them and if your relationship is high enough they will tell you if not they won't. The second is to plow into one of the shells you find beachcombing I can't remember which one. Anyway it will attract mermaids in the area though if they are doing something it can delay them. There doesn't seem to be too many of them. They aren't in you face like Vampires so you must seek them out.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2019, 08:26:27 AM »
@jdzane There is Ukupanipo Hekekia who is an NPC merman. He is often a vendor or a bartender. I have also run into him just hanging at the Sulani bar.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline jdzane

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2019, 11:21:53 AM »
@jdzane There is Ukupanipo Hekekia who is an NPC merman. He is often a vendor or a bartender. I have also run into him just hanging at the Sulani bar.

Thanks!  He's actually the first/only one I've found.  I "met" him when exploring the cave and having the siren song event happen.  Had to get to nearly perfect friends before he'd admit it...AND I went swimming in the ocean with him and he doesn't have a tail!  So I guess they can choose when to show it in water?

But I'm glad I found my sim's baby daddy lol!

Still don't know what the "acting fishy" stuff is about though, outside of eating spoiled food and hanging out at my house for 72 hours without an invite or key, he seemed normal enough.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2019, 02:32:23 PM »
Once you get at all friendly with any of the natives they feel free to just come over, walk in and hang out for hours.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2019, 02:58:25 PM »
And that is a very Samoan thing. Believe it or not my home town in Utah has a large Samoan and Tongan population and they are always just hanging out at friends houses like they live there often they just walk in just like in the game. It is part of their culture and one I am glad is in game. It would not be as realistic minus the home invasions. Plus Vamps need to eat and well, trespassers may be fed upon.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2019, 03:15:06 PM »
@jdzane He does have a tail, it's bright red. But for some reason, merfolk just swims normally sometimes. They have the option to change into swim wear, actually. He is in my household now. And you're right - they do seem very reluctant indeed to reveal their true nature. Mysterious merfolk :)

The acting fishy part is probably referring to the fact that sometimes, they speak dolphin language while on land.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jdzane

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2019, 03:28:26 PM »
they do seem very reluctant indeed to reveal their true nature. Mysterious merfolk :)

I think "denial" is better than "reluctant"... This happened an hour ago...

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2019, 06:43:24 PM »
And that is a very Samoan thing. Believe it or not my home town in Utah has a large Samoan and Tongan population and they are always just hanging out at friends houses like they live there often they just walk in just like in the game. It is part of their culture and one I am glad is in game. It would not be as realistic minus the home invasions.

That is something I would appreciate. Like, "hey, bro, how ya keepin"?  Kind of like the extended family of mankind.  Nice.  More folk should be like that.  It's also something I did not know about Utah. 

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2019, 11:52:28 AM »
I've only seen two lady mersims (one from the trailer and the shark-looking female) so far, despite using the conch repeatedly. So far the best bet with the conch has been to go to a public lot and use it there (resi lots they don't show up as quickly or at all really). It'll be interesting to see how the game generates random mersim townies down the line.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2019, 03:15:08 PM »
Pretty much you'll find them being vendors and they aren't all nice either.  One vendor, I think it was during the one where you go to shop and swap collectibles, (can't remember the name, fog brain this am), was mean and several other "negative" traits.  I almost always get the reward that let's you see what traits are upon meeting Sims so I spotted her right away AND it told me she was a mermaid.  Very, very useful reward, especially when spouse hunting and for only 500 points so worth it early on.  The second vendor I approached also was a mermaid and I got her to move in by doing several cloud watching interactions till the "Ask to move in" option showed up.  She is more difficult to control though I was able use the mermaid song and mermaid kiss with her.

----------
My No Buy Story

anything