Author Topic: Occult genetic determination?  (Read 16682 times)

Offline jdzane

• Nooboo
Occult genetic determination?
« on: June 23, 2019, 07:12:34 PM »
I can't seem to find this answer for Sims 4, plenty on 3 though.

When is the genetics for an occult status that's hidden determined?  Birth? Conception? Just before hitting the age that would show it?

I have a human woman pregnant with a male merman's baby, and I know the child won't show if it's a merperson until it becomes a teenager, and I'm just wondering where I need to save, in case I don't get a mermaid the first time, and want to relive all the missing parts (trust me, not looking forward to that, but oh well).

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Re: Occult genetic determination?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2019, 07:35:18 PM »
OK here goes

No ghost baby from trying for babies, they can't even try. They can woohoo but nothing more.

Human+ human= Human

Human+ alien = human with a hidden hybrid trait that has alien looking skin. this hidden trait can be passed on.

Human + Vampire = ether a human or a vampire, lot traits can effect the likelihood of which, but it is random.

alien + Vampire + ether an alien or a vampire, lot traits can effect this. It is random though

alien + hybrid = hybrid

male abducted human = alien

alien + alien= alien

Vampire + vampire = vampire

father winter is human but he passes on a useful trait

Mermaid + mermaid = Mermaid

mermaid + anything else = ????? I have not experimented enough to know but I guess it is like the other life states and ether one or the other. I don't know for sure.

Hope this helps.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2019, 08:01:21 PM »
I have the following to add, as it has happened consistently in my game (did they fix this?):

Vampire male, abducted = hybrid with 2 forms, features inherited from both the alien and the father, plus a buggy pie menu
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2019, 08:38:19 PM »
I have the following to add, as it has happened consistently in my game (did they fix this?):

Vampire male, abducted = hybrid with 2 forms, features inherited from both the alien and the father, plus a buggy pie menu
They said they fixed it.

Offline jdzane

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2019, 09:07:24 PM »
Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear.  I'm mostly aware of all the possible combos (although your list is pretty awesome).

I'm asking from a game standpoint, at what moment does the game decide if the sim is going to inherit something that can't be seen until they get to a certain age?

Like for gender, if you save just before conception, you can just replay the pregnancy to get the gender you want. 

So what I'm trying to figure out - when is the genetic inheritance set?  At conception?  After birth?  Or when the sim in question ages up to the first age that can actually show the occult version?  Like when does the game decide that a conceived sim is going to be a vampire?  At conception, at birth, or when they age into Teens, as that's the first time they can use their powers?

Does that make it any clearer?

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2019, 10:21:25 PM »
It is set at birth. though Mermaid and Vampire don't manifest till teen.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2019, 02:01:06 PM »
Wanted to let you know. I just had a male Sim give birth to an alien baby he got by abduction. She bears resemblance to her father both disguised and not. She is 100% alien, though.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2019, 09:48:12 PM »
Just a thought, mermaid genetics are bugged at the moment. EA Bug Report here
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2019, 10:37:36 PM »
Huh. Well I wonder if that might explain how the genetics are working in CAS. As of right now in my game, I've tried to CAS genetics between aliens, merfolk, and vampires.

The vamp/mer seems to be coming out like it should, the genetics are a combination of the two parents unless both parents have vamp-mer (ie if the vamp has vamp only eyes and the mer has mer only eyes) only eyes, then those get randomized, even on the secondary form.

The problem comes in right now when aliens are combined with either. The alien's skin exact tone is the basis for every single kid, no matter what occult the kid actually is. Its not even the alien slider/range, it's just the alien parent's skin tone. Hair color doesn't seem to be translating well between mer-aliens nor the special eyes when it pulls up mermaid, the kid just has random, normal eyes. Vamp-aliens are getting hair fine, though skin and eyes are a problem. I think it has to do with how aliens are coded in the game, because they're the only occult with a hybrid state (as opposed to vampires and mermaids, you either are or aren't), their genetics get out of whack when introduced to other occult states. Honestly, I hope EA just turns off the hybrid nature of aliens and makes their disguises full secondary forms and just leaves it at you either are an alien or aren't. This problem will probably only get worse with the future supernatural pack.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2019, 12:10:04 AM »
By the way - vampire eyes, ears and teeth are all available to merfolk.

anything