Author Topic: StrangerVille  (Read 2606 times)

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
StrangerVille
« on: June 25, 2019, 03:10:20 AM »
Just wanted to share that I have finally come to appreciate StrangerVille. When it was released, I was having a particularly bad period of Sims 4 loathing (I'm so sorry @Playalot ). But in fact, I love the very hot climate, the desert setting with its tumbleweeds, little sand devils and dry shrubs. I also have some of the Strange Tunes stuck in my head. It's a nice feature that one can revive the mother plant.

I hope summer will soon kick in for real here, where I live. I'm tired of feeling cold all the time.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Re: StrangerVille
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 02:49:01 PM »
Also it has a very apocalyptic feel towards the last stages of the challenge, This makes it the perfect place to build an apocalyptic world replacing houses with bunkers, makine all lots off the grid and volcanic lot traits, add in the weird weather, plant zombies, military, MIB, and it just is perfect.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Dreamweaver

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2019, 03:54:03 AM »
It's my favorite town. I like the secluded desert, the possessed locals and the fact that you can just enjoy the weirdness without ever solving the mystery  ;D

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2019, 05:44:34 PM »
Hey, I go through those stages too Nindigo  :) I still love the world, such a wild feeling to it and of course, here in NZ we have absolutely nothing that looks even remotely like this so it's just neat from that novelty perspective.  I love the welcome party and the agents that follow, that was a nice touch.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2019, 04:18:53 PM »
Here is another thing that I realize I love about StrangerVille - the (just about) daily heatwaves during summer :) There is very little rain which probably goes for Oasis Springs as well. I haven't played in OS lately. As I'm writing this, I'm a wee bit fed up with the constant thunderstorms in Sulani during winter. So, I'm playing with Don in dry and scorching hot StrangerVille ;D

I wish there was a park there, but I guess it's too small. I could build one myself...hmm. *Thinks* <-- occassionally happens
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2019, 05:45:33 PM »
When I think of StrangerVille, my mind always gets turned 'upside down' and I always start singing the song about a story that never end and I get the urge to create a James Hopper sim for some reason. Probably because I did 3/4s of my schooling in the 80's.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2019, 07:09:33 PM »
I'm also playing in Strangerville at the moment, I also got sick and tired of the rainy, grey days in other worlds during Spring and Summer. It gets so darn repetitive to be constantly changing the weather via the weather station. And that's only if I can be bothered to level up handiness which I don't always do in the beginning of my games. 

@Deklitch  I don't get the ref sadly, did try googling it but all I got was a lot of random facebook profile links lol

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2019, 02:01:39 AM »
@Playalot I am referencing Stranger Things Series 3. James Hopper is the police chief in the show, upside down is the place where the bug eyed  monster is from and they reference a lot of 80's popular culture like movies, songs and personalities of the 1980's. Madonna's Material Girl, Ghost Busters, Back to the future, Never Ending Story and Ronald Raegan have all been referenced in the show. I happen to feel a lot of Strangerville is at the very least inspired by Stranger Things. For me the show is a nostalgic return to my childhood.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2019, 10:18:24 PM »
@Deklitch  Nice! Thanks for explaining. I don't watch movies/TV etc generally so had no idea :)

anything