Author Topic: Triplets... O.O  (Read 4862 times)

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
Triplets... O.O
« on: July 05, 2019, 08:53:50 AM »
I don't know whether to laugh or cry, because I'm still in shock kinda.

I know it's a thing in the game,  but I don't recall it ever happening to me, as I never do anything to boost fertility (use reward traits, lot traits, foods and music/TV). And this time was no exception. But my dear little Melanie just had three nooboos anyway. On the beach outside her home after relaxing on a towel while in labor. Twas a little funny though, while I was choosing names and the game screen was dark and paused, I could still see Melanie's face display my own reaction; wide-eyed and open-mouthed ;D

1 boy and 2 girls. Household size just hit maximum in one go... wish me luck?
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline TomasGrizzly

• Townie
Re: Triplets... O.O
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2019, 01:29:47 PM »
Gratz!
Honestly, I am a bit disappointed about how unpredictable TS4 fertility is. In TS3, it was easy to get twins or triplets. In TS4, even having both in the pair with the fertile trait and under the effect of fertility massage is not enough to guarantee twins (let alone triplets). I don't even know if the kid's radio/TV channel do anything in that regard.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2019, 04:20:37 PM »
Oh? I quite enjoy that the game is a little unpredictable. Breathes life into it, I think, and makes for some memorable moments like the triplets. Then again, I'm never really trying to achieve anything specific within a given time frame which is probably why I'm fine with it.

Offline Sindocat

• Fairy Godfather
  • Townie
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2019, 12:02:52 PM »
My first Sims birth (as opposed to adoption) was unanticipated twins.  I ended up moving the couple back into my (adopted) heir's parent's home, so that they and his grandmother could help out!

I honestly have my hands full with one infant/toddler at a time, even with an older teen brother on hand to help out. In your shoes, I'd be hiring a maid, and possibly a nanny. Good luck!
"Who cannot draw upon three thousand years is living from hand to mouth." - Goethe

Offline TomasGrizzly

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 01:40:00 AM »
Oh? I quite enjoy that the game is a little unpredictable. Breathes life into it, I think, and makes for some memorable moments like the triplets. Then again, I'm never really trying to achieve anything specific within a given time frame which is probably why I'm fine with it.
On one hand, you're right.
On the other, if having one child was getting too easy (bound to happen after a few generations), having a reliable way to force the game to give twins/triplets for some extra challenge was nice. I know I could use chats/mods for that but using built-in game mechanics feels better for me in that regard. In TS4, all I can do is to pretty much get them back at trying the moment the first kid is born and hope for the best.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2019, 04:28:02 AM »
Gratz! I love that when it happens... let the mayhem begin!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2019, 04:40:37 AM »
@TomasGrizzly Hmm, one could also adopt if the "natural" way doesn't provide enough of a challenge. I have read somewhere, though, that using 'try for baby' multiple times before a pregnancy is established will increase the likelihood of getting more than one child. I have not tested it personally. I'm also one of those who must confess that a single child is enough to drive me bonkers more often than not ;D

As for the triplets in my game...I wasn't able to stay the distance until they had all maxed out their toddlers skills (jingle of failure), but it wasn't as overwhelming an experience as I had expected it to be. It helps having a parent at home at all times - yay for work from home! But a household of eight and only two being adults.. *rubs face*

Fun fact; none of the triplets have come to look like their parents. I guess they must all be the milkman's kids, or even different milkmen's ???

@Sindocat *nods* I think we have some things in common, you and I. Or perhaps we are just getting too old for all that multi-tasking? ;D I have thought about hiring a service, but it already feels like watching a colony of ants when all my Sims are at home.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Dreamweaver

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2019, 01:33:34 PM »
Congrats ;D

I have only gotten triplets twice. Once with my very first Sims 4 family & again when I tried a Don Lothario/ Summer Holiday pairing.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2019, 03:50:48 PM »
I don't think I've ever gotten triplets in S4 yet! And if I did it was a longgggg time ago. I seem to have good luck with twins though. I'd definitely be hiring a nanny for 3 though. Haha

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2019, 10:16:16 PM »
If you choose the right lot trait you are VERY likely to have twins and even triplets, which I personally wouldn't wish on anyone I like.  Insanity making.
Congratulations though, Nindigo.  Sure wish I had seen the look on her face!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2019, 06:27:13 AM »
Ouch, this reminds me of the time I was playing the Not So Berry challenge, after my founder gave birth to the heir I decided to go ahead and let her have one more child and of course she had twin boys! >:( If that wasn't bad enough, her husband just had to go and get abducted and fall pregnant with twin alien boys.  :o I guess it was a good thing they had a cat or one of them might have given birth to triplets! So I had four toddlers running around at once, I ended up rage quitting, lol.

I've been meaning to give that challenge another go, I should really get around to it one day ...

Offline TomasGrizzly

• Townie
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2019, 08:28:52 AM »
If you choose the right lot trait you are VERY likely to have twins and even triplets, which I personally wouldn't wish on anyone I like.  Insanity making.
Congratulations though, Nindigo.  Sure wish I had seen the look on her face!

Well, isn't that trait limited to a specific pack? I am quite sure it's not among those given in a free patch as I did not see it in the lot traits available to me.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2019, 02:40:52 PM »
@Rainbow Dash Holy Cow! That definitely sounds like a good reason to rage quit or get like 4 separate Nannies. Lol!
I'm doing that challenge right now and love it!

@TomasGrizzly  Yes, you need the City Living Pack to get the "One Ley Line" lot trait! They are all on sale right now though I think :)

Offline TomasGrizzly

• Townie
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2019, 11:34:33 AM »
@kattiq I know about the sale but it's more about the fact there's nothing that really takes my interest in the pack and giving 20€ just for a lot trait is... quite excessive.
I got Outdoor retreat now (bundled it with IL and fitness stuff) so I might have a look at how reliable is the herbalism recipe - and what's needed for it.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2019, 11:15:53 PM »
Hey guys, can we keep this on topic please? We are straying quite far from what @Nindigo started this thread as.

Seabody

anything