Author Topic: Snagglfluster?  (Read 1857 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Snagglfluster?
« on: July 12, 2019, 08:29:18 PM »
If you guys haven't seen it, watch Carl's video guide on this.  Really awesome drink.  BUT......how do you finally get it?  My mixologist Sim just hit level nine mixology, which is the golden mark for snagglefluster, no more, no less.  Unfortunately, where can he run into the guy/gal who sells him the book?  Right now he's slated to go to work.  I'm concerned when he's at work his mixology will increase past the golden mean.  And how would some random person approach him at work since it's a rabbit hole?  I tried taking him to a bar, (Sulani, didn't work), but maybe I need somewhere shadier or not so friendly?  He's already got the fridge stocked with Prose and Prop and Amygdelight but Snaggleflust is THE drink of all drinks.

EDIT:  Rewatched  the video.  Apparently the dude comes to his work!!??  Who knew?  Just don't make any more drinks or fill in the things to do at home.  Hoping I get it as it is random and it took Carl 12 tries before he got it.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Sindocat

• Fairy Godfather
  • Townie
Re: Snagglfluster?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 06:01:15 PM »
Please keep us posted!  I haven't played a Sim up the Mixology branch, but I probably will, some time, and I'll want to know then.
"Who cannot draw upon three thousand years is living from hand to mouth." - Goethe

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2019, 11:59:22 PM »
@Joria  it only took Carl 12 times etc as he was trying to catch it on video. If you follow my directions below your sim will get it the first time.

Have mixology skill maxed, have your sim at L9 of the mixology branch of the Culinary career and send your sim to work Very Confident or Very inspired.

If the work opp doesn't appear and it looks like your sims progress bar is filling and a promotion is imminent, either do not fill the daily requirements or take a day off work without calling in sick or taking a holiday, that way your sims work progress meter will fall giving you more time at L9 of the career for the work opp to show the next day etc.

Just for clarification, it is a pop-up text work opportunity. There is no actual sim that gives your sim a 'book'. It is simply a recipe unlock.

For background reading here is the old post from 2014 when I first found the drink in-game click
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2019, 09:31:41 AM »
Thank you so much!  I've been hoping to get this because it is THE magic drink of all.  Amazing how you found it to begin with.  My Sim is at L9 but I'm not sure his mixology is maxed, so that could hold it up.  Ah well, just have to have it come around again when an heir does it if I fail this time.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery