Author Topic: Is the PC version of the official guide help me with the PS3 version?  (Read 4300 times)

OutcastNeedhelp37

It doesn't have any trophies advice and tips.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
Re: Is the PC version of the official guide help me with the PS3 version?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 02:15:48 PM »
We're soon to come with some guides on the PS3/Xbox versions and their differences relative to the PC version. It may be hard to identify all trophies any quickly though just because it is so many of them and no official list I've found yet. However, I did give one un-verified list I took from a non-official forum a while back in this thread.

If you have any questions about earning them or any other concerns which are not brought up in the guide, you are welcome and encouraged to post in the forum console section or another appropriate section. :)
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

OutcastNeedhelp37

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 10:04:20 PM »
Let me know when you get the guides made and this game has so many problems with trophy glitches(Not unlocking)

Offline Flynn Arrowstarr

• Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Semi-conscious
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 10:44:26 PM »
It doesn't have any trophies advice and tips.
It will with most of the general gameplay, but it won't have any advice for the Karma powers, Challenges, or Trophies/Achievements as they don't exist in the PC version. There is a console version guide written by the same author that covers everything for the PS3/Xbox 360 and Wii versions.

If you've activated the cheat mode, you won't receive any trophies for that save file. You will need to start a new game to receive any more trophies. You can save the game at the very beginning before you create or place any Sims. I use that to quickly start new games for testing various things including the cheats.

The guide for the console version lists all of the trophies. It's a long list, so I won't repeat it here. It's just a little over two full pages long in the guide (51 trophies total). The Trophy (PS3) and Achievement (Xbox 360) lists are the same.

Flynn
Check out Flynn's Fineries for houses, Sims and helpful articles.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

OutcastNeedhelp37

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 01:54:09 AM »
Let me know when there a full console guide made then.Is there an site for trophy guide walkthrough for the PS3 version?

Offline Flynn Arrowstarr

• Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Semi-conscious
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2010, 01:08:54 AM »
Most of the trophies are pretty self-explanatory. If you look at the Trophy list on the PS3 (there are no hidden trophies), the descriptions tell you what you need to know. For example, the Trophy Fit for a King has the description Prepare a Perfect Meal. So, just have your Sim with a fairly high Cooking skill prepare a meal and chances are you'll gain the Trophy with little problem.

Some trophies, such as Master Architect and True Wealth will take a while to achieve. Master Architect requires you to build a house worth $350,000 or more in value on a large lot, while True Wealth requires you to gain a total of 250,000 Lifetime Happiness Points on a single Sim. Another long trophy is Miracle Worker which requires you to grant a total of 1,000 wishes.

Flynn

OutcastNeedhelp37

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2010, 02:24:01 AM »
Okay thanks and I can't seem to unlock anymore trophies.It's every Saturday's I get an trophy for this game.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2010, 07:28:07 AM »
If you look at the Trophy list on the PS3 (there are no hidden trophies)
Hmm, sorry if you can't say for sure, but do you know that for a fact, that there are no hidden trophies?
I've wondered about that for a while in case we make a list on the guide later. Do you have a reference to that or just that you on a basis of big experience of the game have not encountered a hidden one? I myself have not found a hidden one yet as well.
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline Chopsticks

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2011, 02:49:35 PM »
In the list you see there is a trophy and the title is "Hidden Trophy", lego harry potter had a few.
"Doors are for people with no imagination" - Derek Landy

Offline Flynn Arrowstarr

• Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Semi-conscious
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 10:16:54 PM »
Hmm, sorry if you can't say for sure, but do you know that for a fact, that there are no hidden trophies?
I've wondered about that for a while in case we make a list on the guide later. Do you have a reference to that or just that you on a basis of big experience of the game have not encountered a hidden one? I myself have not found a hidden one yet as well.

Hi, Swede.

All of the trophies are listed in the XMB of the PS3 with full names and details. Games that have hidden trophies will still list the trophy in the Trophy menu, but will say Hidden Trophy for the name and no color in the trophy icon. All the trophies can be found in the Prima guide. The Xbox 360 achievements are in a separate list, but are essentially the same as the PS3 trophies.

Flynn

OutcastNeedhelp37

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2011, 12:49:39 PM »
I don't think I have the correct guide because it doesn't have achievement list for xbox 360 version and trophy list for the PS3 version.Any tips for Climb the ladder trophy in the game?

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2011, 03:43:42 PM »
Well, it should be pretty straight-forward actually. It's just to keep your sims productive and happy long enough to rise in their careers. Unless it's the week-end, my sims always spend the evening practising their skills to rise in the careers. When you get that into routine, the rest becomes pretty clear.

OutcastNeedhelp37

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2011, 04:02:22 PM »
Any tips on best career for creating a sim or import a sim for the climb the ladder trophy?

Offline Flynn Arrowstarr

• Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Semi-conscious
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2011, 01:15:38 AM »
I find the Military career the easiest to go up levels. No real hard requirements for the first couple of levels. By level four, you begin working only three days a week instead of four. Having the Handy and Athletic traits will help a lot as both the Handiness and Athletic skills are needed for promotions. Having a decent relationship with the boss is required as well.

To start, send your Sim to the Military Base to join the Military Career. If you have enough money, take the Handiness class at the base as well. Then, send your Sim to the Gym to learn Athletic by working out on one of the machines. The Gym also has shower and cooking facilities, so you can grab a meal or take care of Hygiene needs. Try to get a skill point in each on the first day, though you may not be able to get the Athletic point if your Sim is too tired.

In the morning, try to wake you Sim about 3 hours before their job starts (about 4 am for Military Sims). Send them immediately to the toilet and then the shower (baths take longer). Queue up a quick meal while you're at it. If your Sim has a partner, send the partner to cook a meal while your main Sim is in the shower. Do this every work morning.

Over time, you'll get into the habit of doing this without too many errors, but in the beginning it may be difficult to time your sleep properly. Start fulfilling small Wishes to build up Lifetime Happiness Points and (more importantly) Karma points. At 40 Karma points, you can activate Super Satisfy, which will max out all of your Sim's Needs. If your Sim has a partner, the partner can help build Karma points while your main Sim is at work.

That should get you started. As long as you keep your Mood and Skills up when you're working, you should reach level 5 without too many problems. :)

Flynn

OutcastNeedhelp37

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2011, 06:49:50 PM »
Can I have more then one job with one sim?