Author Topic: Baby Boomer 2019  (Read 16616 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Baby Boomer 2019
« on: July 15, 2019, 08:09:55 AM »
Baby Boomer 2019

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Goal
It's time once again for the annual forum favorite - Baby Boomer. As always the goal is for your starting couple to have as many kids as possible - age them up quickly in order to make room for more kids.

General Challenge Rules
The General Challenge Rules always apply. If applicable, exceptions will be noted below.

Specific Challenge Rules
  • Create two YA in CAS (relationship = spouse). No CAS Story Mode. No vampires allowed (parents or future offspring).
  • Players are required to use the trait randomizer for all children (take the first set offered).
  • You must choose the Private Dwelling lot trait to prevent abductions, and no moving allowed.
  • Neither of your starting Sims can be moved out.
  • No more than two adoptions (babies only) allowed per week. Weeks begin on Sundays at 8 a.m.
  • The only additions allowed are adopted babies or babies born in the household to the mother.
  • If a child is taken away, then stop your file, and post your score of DNF.
  • Butlers and Nannies are banned.
  • Completed Teen aspirations should be unique.
  • The game ends at Week 5, Day 1, 8 a.m.

Aging Up and Moving Out the Kids
  • A Baby may only be aged up early if both parents are Good Friends with the baby.
  • You may only age up a Toddler early if they are potty trained and have lvl 2 in all skills.
  • You may only age up a Child early if they have finished an Aspiration and have a B school average.
  • You may only age up a Teen early if they have a B school average, lvl 2 at a teen job, and a BFF.
  • You may only move out a Young Adult if they have finished a unique Aspiration and maxed a unique skill.

Scoring

Your score is based on how many Young Adults have been moved out when reaching the end of the challenge at Week 5, Day 1, 8 a.m. You also receive points based on the life stage of the remaining offspring in the household:

YA Out — 5 pts for every Young Adult moved out.
YA In — 4 pts for every Young Adult remaining.
Teen — 3 pts for every Teen remaining.
Child — 2 pts for every Child remaining.
Toddler — 1 pts for every Toddler remaining.
Total — Add all the columns together to obtain your Total.

A spreadsheet to help keep you organized can be found here. Thanks, Lena.

Ch-Ch-Changes
The team does not want to edit and make changes to the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else we reserve the right to ask affected players to redo their effort.

Have Questions?
Please think hard before you ask in the challenge thread because it may be strategy. What you may consider an innocent question could cause another player to go — “oh, I did not think of doing that.” It’s always safer to PM everyone on the team (Metro, LenaLJ, MarianT, and sdhoey) for clarifications. Thanks.

And the Winner is...
After this event has closed everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event, but the winner especially is expected to do so in detail.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                                 YA Out     YA In     Teen     Child     Toddler     Total
GlazeyLady                            90----4--94
LenaLJ                                                85--34--92
Nikitachi                                                80--3--386
Nandarelle                                                70432281
Isabelalabe                                                70--64--80
Elinoee                                                6016----177
Vesper                                                608--4173
BallerinaHippo                                                6012------72
mismck                                                604--6272
Rainbow Dash                                                5586----69
Eighty8Keys                                                4016----258
sdhoey                                                40862157
Metropolis Man                            454--4154
sone                            45----2249
Syrcen                            30464145
JocyMc                            2516--2144
Deveroux                            40------444
jewels129                            25432139
Deklitch                            30--34--37
SoulGal7                            20464135
CynKuy                            208--2131
furbyqueen                            20432130
Sarleenia                            101232128
techiechick                            520----126
SIMantics101                            1086--226
coolsim9999999                            --24------24
junegem                            --203----23
mariposa1127                           5466--21
titaniadioxide                           ----------DNF

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
Re: Baby Boomer 2019
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2019, 09:06:22 AM »
Ohh, the one I always spend the most time on planning and then fail miserably :D I will do my very best this time!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sone

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Townie
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 01:07:57 PM »
For aging up a toddler early, is potty trained considered lv 2, where they can go on their own, or lv 3?

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 01:31:57 PM »
For aging up a toddler early, is potty trained considered lv 2, where they can go on their own, or lv 3?

Level 3 is considered potty trained.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2019, 03:04:42 PM »
Do skills with fewer than 10 levels count for YAs maxing a unique skill?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2019, 04:35:27 PM »

By my count, there are only 4 minor skills in the game, so I'd say they are fine. But, if the other team members want to make this a bit more difficult and require major skills, they can speak up.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2019, 05:36:08 PM »
The body builder aspiration is only banned for the Immortal Dynasty Challenge (and maybe some other ones as well) and not this tournament event, isn't it?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2019, 06:14:55 PM »
The body builder aspiration is only banned for the Immortal Dynasty Challenge (and maybe some other ones as well) and not this tournament event, isn't it?

Correct. You're finishing at a set date, so it does not matter to get the longevity boost from that Aspiration.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2019, 05:22:44 AM »

By my count, there are only 4 minor skills in the game, so I'd say they are fine. But, if the other team members want to make this a bit more difficult and require major skills, they can speak up.

I think there are 6, if that matters. I was actually having the same question.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2019, 07:05:19 AM »
I see no reason to not allow all skills. We also had all skills counting last time.

Please all remember to not go into more details on what skills it is as that could be considered strategy.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2019, 07:08:25 AM »
I agree with LenaJ, it's fine by me.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2019, 07:33:40 AM »
Oh my plumbob, it's the legendary Baby Boomer challenge, I've always wanted to do this, but the thought of managing a full household is terrifying and the competition will be fierce and I'm freaking out right now! :o

You may only move out a Young Adult if they have finished a unique Aspiration and maxed a unique skill.

Regarding these two rules, do aspirations have to be randomized? I'm guessing we skip impossible to do aspirations such as the Vampire ones? Sims can gain skills instantly without even trying, for example, playing a game on their phone gives them the Video gaming skill, so do unique skills only count if they are maxed? (Because it would be impossible to stop all Sims from gaining certain skills). If we max all skills or aspirations, do we start doing them again?

No restrictions on careers, skills and aspirations for the parents?

I've never played this before, I have so many questions, this challenge is a beast, lol!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2019, 08:16:32 AM »
Oh my plumbob, it's the legendary Baby Boomer challenge, I've always wanted to do this, but the thought of managing a full household is terrifying and the competition will be fierce and I'm freaking out right now! :o

You may only move out a Young Adult if they have finished a unique Aspiration and maxed a unique skill.

Regarding these two rules, do aspirations have to be randomized?

No.

I'm guessing we skip impossible to do aspirations such as the Vampire ones?[/quote]

Yes, vampires are banned, so you can't even think about those ones.

Sims can gain skills instantly without even trying, for example, playing a game on their phone gives them the Video gaming skill, so do unique skills only count if they are maxed? (Because it would be impossible to stop all Sims from gaining certain skills). If we max all skills or aspirations, do we start doing them again?

Yes and yes.

Does the teen BFF have to be unique?

No.

No restrictions on careers, skills and aspirations for the parents?

No.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2019, 05:44:02 AM »
Thanks for answering all those questions @Metropolis Man but I have more, I hope you don't mind.

Is the mother allowed to take a pregnancy test? When it comes time to give birth, can we click on the bassinet right away or do we have to wait until she gives birth naturally?

What happens if a Sim dies or a child is taken away, do we carry on or is it game over?

You must choose the Private Dwelling lot trait to prevent abductions, and no moving allowed.

Can we opt to use the satellite dish instead or are we obligated to use that lot trait?

Editing my post because I forgot to ask something. :-[ Are we allowed to hire Nannies or Butlers?

I think that's all the questions I can think of for now.

Offline Krodphresh

• Nooboo
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2019, 06:20:06 PM »
Im new to the Sims. How do I enter this tournament. Do I have to stream my game play or just record it? Im a little confused on this part of the process.