Author Topic: Hidden Trait: Sulani Mana  (Read 94882 times)

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Re: Hidden Trait: Sulani Mana
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2020, 04:40:00 PM »
@Brian_Z Outside of cheats and mods, I do not think it is possible to get the trait outside of being born with it, or created with it in the case of the spawned island living ghostly elders.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2020, 06:50:08 PM »
@Brian_Z Outside of cheats and mods, I do not think it is possible to get the trait outside of being born with it, or created with it in the case of the spawned island living ghostly elders.

Yeah, I've had saves where I did it both ways-- befriended a Sulani local and added them to the household long enough to summon elementals, then got an elemental to join the household.  "Dedeathify" is a real time saver there.  And other games where I just cheated Sulani Mana.  And then the other day I come across an old post that seemed to say there's a gameplay way to give it to an adult.  Unfortunately the post was from 8 months ago and the person will probably never see where I asked how.

Edit:  It's in the comments on the Super Sim article, posted right after your comment.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ThistleUknowhoo

• Nooboo
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2021, 01:13:35 PM »
I have discovered that this trait works successfully with the Ancient Bloodline trait; so yes, your mage can cast gigantic fireballs!

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2021, 04:40:13 AM »
welcome to the forum. :) Yes, Sulani Mana + Ancient Bloodline is great. I want more inheritable traits. (I think a Jedi bloodline would have made Batuu 100% better.)

I was thinking of this thread yesterday because I fired up a save that I hadn't opened since 2019, but it has this sim. With some luck and clear breeding strategy spanning 4 generations, Vabbilhea (gotta love the Sims 3 alien names) is pure alien with Sulani Mana and Father Winter's Baby.

It's hard to do, obviously, given that Father Winter is never an alien, so his children under should be 50% alien, not pure bloods. Same goes for the Elementals, who are never alien. Yet here we are. As a sidebar, her ears were pointy as a toddler but aren't as a child.
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2021, 01:48:27 PM »
Lol I am very curious as to how you did that.  Sulani Mana, I can see, since it passes down no matter what.  But if you take control of Father Winter, he stops being Father Winter.  Father Winter's Baby doesn't pass on to a second generation, does it?  And you only get an alien through an abduction.  So, how...?  I mean, you could cheat this, but I don't think you'd bother sharing her if she was the result of cheating.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2021, 05:15:22 PM »
No cheating involved. :) It's magic. Literally. It's exploiting the alien + spellcaster conflict. Her father is definitely Father Winter, but I had a high level spellcaster cast "rite of ascension" on him to turn him into a spellcaster. He doesn't lose his special Father Winter title. Then, try for baby. I think it's 50/50 as to whether the child will be alien or not, but the game cannot give you a hybrid. An alien will be a pureblood alien.

It a pretty simple idea in the end. step 1: spellcaster with Sulani Mana + alien to get a female alien. step 2: aforementioned female alien + Father Winter spellcaster again for Father Winter's Baby. 

In my case I didn't have Sulani Mana or magic in the family yet. So I recruited an Elemental, taught him magic, and he went to alien night at the bar to meet as many alien women as possible. He fathered many kids, some were alien, some were human, some male, some female. But all had Sulani Mana. I chose one of the male aliens, aged him up, and he then had a child with a sim in my family. It's a total coin toss as to whether the kid will be alien or not, but we got lucky. That kid was Amki, Vabbilhea's mother. By this time the Elemental had learned the spell to turn Father Winter into a spellcaster -- worth double checking to see he still had that title, he did -- and Amki tried for baby with him. I got lucky again. If the baby wasn't an alien, I'd have just kept trying.
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2021, 10:38:39 PM »
Lol, cool!  Was that you, that got Morgyn Ember abducted and had spellcaster twins as a result?  I forgot about what you said at the time, where spellcaster + alien= spellcaster OR alien, never a hybrid. 
But why doesn't she have a Bloodline trait?  At first I thought it was because she's not human or spellcaster, maybe it doesn't pass on to other occults.  But, my own child from a spellcaster + Caleb Vatore came out a vampire, and still had a bloodline.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2021, 06:12:26 AM »
I'm in a reddit convo about this now, so I was thinking of Vabbilhea and came back here. Maybe sharing this thread will answer questions. A pure alien doesn't seem to get a bloodline trait. I wish they could.

Yes, that was me. Morgyn has human twins. In StrangerVille. I didn't really get much further with that save. I've tested alien abduction further of George Cahill who I gave the ancient bloodline trait to. He was in the GTW science career getting regularly abducted. He was not once, not ever, a spellcaster at any point in his life, he only had that bloodline trait. Yet even that trait produces some conflict with Senior Pollination Technician #3, and the baby is not alien.

Maybe that's an oversight. And it's so niche, and so unimportant that the devs will never think of it or change it. But for someone playing a long dynasty type save, and every sim has long since inherited a magical bloodline, they simply cannot have an alien baby by abduction. Even if a sim gives up being a spellcaster, well... they can't give up their bloodline trait, so they're locked out from it. To me it makes no sense that such a baby isn't alien.

Emilio does have a strong bloodline though. His blue sister is a 50% alien, she has a strong bloodline too. But the pure aliens, like Vabbilhea and the green sister in this family, never get a magical bloodline. You can get a magical bloodline on a half alien, but not by abduction. The parent has to be a regular alien.

As you see, I've tried hard to get a bloodline on an alien and so far failed. WHY CAN'T IT JUST WORK LIKE SULANI MANA! lols Oh well.

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2021, 12:04:39 PM »
Interesting!  It's pretty cool that somebody is out there doing these very specific experiments.
So how much have you messed around with spellcasters + aliens?  I remember Morgyn's kids looked like his clones, they favored him so much.  I'm wondering if it's spellcaster babies will look like the spellcaster, aliens will look like the alien?  I've got a lesbian spellcaster couple who I'm thinking of introducing to an alien- the alien has a mutation they want to pass on, so alien babies will be sent to the homeworld, but the girls will keep the spellcaster babies who result from it.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2021, 12:54:21 PM »
Yeah, Morgyn's kids had the same hair, eyes. Hmm. It might be that because of the conflict the game is ignoring the alien parent viz-a-viz genetics, but maybe that was dumb luck. I've had many alien + spellcaster babies, but without paying much attention to the genetics.

I think the thing is to start with a very iconic alien sim, whose hair colour and nose and jaw can't be mistaken, have him father tons of babies with spellcaster women. There'll be a split of aliens and humans. We'll see if all 3 of those characteristics tend to turn up together in the alien children, but not the non-aliens. But we've moved away from Sulani Mana. I'll start a Sims Science thread when I have some results, maybe in the GTW section because these tests all tend to involve aliens.

I'm all for it, because I'll end up with an interesting sim who can move to Chickenford-upon-Whatever in the future. I haven't started a brand new save in a long time.

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline nomo

• Nooboo
  • Millennium hand and shrimp, bugrit
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2021, 07:22:46 PM »
I think one reward for a sim with the trait Child of the Islands making the elementals proud by maintaining the island culture: going to festivals, making kava etc, the features of the pack; makes them give you the trait Sulani Mana when asking to be judged (social interaction).

I just invited an elemental: A sim with the trait Child Of The Island called them, and asked them to hang out after the event was over, befriended them, became BFF, and had a full friendship bar with them, and a Pleasant Conversation, and the option to Ask To Move In appeared under Friendly Interactions. They immidiately turned human. I don't think BFF is necessary, but I did so anyway.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2021, 07:57:26 PM »
@Heart Foam
Sad to say that I missed this thread during one of my occasional multi-month simming breaks.
But today, I found it and read with deep fascination your convoluted journey to Vabbilhea, an alien child with both the Sulani Mana and Father Winter's Baby traits!
Well-played! So very impressive!
(I'm ashamed to admit that, to this day, I've never had a sim with the Father Winter's Baby trait. I merely live vicariously through your stories.)

Thanks so much for sharing your entire process.  I love reading about your genetic experiments, seriously!
P.S. And if it weren't enough that Vabbhilhea has amazing traits, she's also gorgeous!