Author Topic: The Power of 10 Dynasty  (Read 70313 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Power of 10 Dynasty
« Reply #165 on: October 01, 2019, 10:29:02 PM »
I have two questions:

Q1:  Do the places below count for the "Visit 10 community lots for 2 hrs each" requirement?
        a. National Park and Deep Forest in Granite Falls. 
        b. Temple in Selvadorada.
Q2:  Hired services: I'm assuming we cannot hire a butler since they move into the household.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #166 on: October 02, 2019, 08:20:24 AM »
@oshizu

1. Yes and yes. The national park functions like a regular community lot and other hidden lots like Sylvan Glade count, and the deep forest/hermit's house function similarly.

2. Do butlers take up a household slot though? That would be the determining factor in my opinion.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #167 on: October 02, 2019, 10:05:33 AM »
@oshizu

1. Yes and yes. The national park functions like a regular community lot and other hidden lots like Sylvan Glade count, and the deep forest/hermit's house function similarly.

2. Do butlers take up a household slot though? That would be the determining factor in my opinion.

Thank you Trip for your response.
Butlers don't take up a household slot (an 8-sim household can still hire a butler), but they do move into the household, requiring their own bedroom, until they are fired.
(My current heir and his spouse unintentionally had triplets....)

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #168 on: October 02, 2019, 10:20:06 AM »
If they don't take up a slot then it's "adding to your household" as much as keeping a non-household sim in the house overnight is, really.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #169 on: October 02, 2019, 12:13:14 PM »
If they don't take up a slot then it's "adding to your household" as much as keeping a non-household sim in the house overnight is, really.

Thank you, Trip. :)

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #170 on: October 03, 2019, 09:12:30 AM »
Question on the 10k satisfaction requirement: Does that start when the heir moves out or before? What I mean is, if my heir gains 8k Satisfaction points over childhood/teendom, when they move out, do they need to gain 2k more to complete the requirement or do they need to gain 10k?

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #171 on: October 03, 2019, 11:32:57 AM »
Question on the 10k satisfaction requirement: Does that start when the heir moves out or before? What I mean is, if my heir gains 8k Satisfaction points over childhood/teendom, when they move out, do they need to gain 2k more to complete the requirement or do they need to gain 10k?
2K more.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #172 on: October 07, 2019, 04:16:29 PM »
Do emotional whims, (focused, sad, etc.), count if they are done as toddlers, children, or teens, or do they have to do all 10 after they move out as YA.  I assume it doesn't matter for spares no matter what, right?

PAM!!!!!  So good to see you here and back to playing and the forum!  Sending huge cyber hugs. 
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #173 on: October 07, 2019, 08:11:14 PM »
Challenges Team,

I have questions about the length of age stages.
My Gen2 heir and his sibling became toddlers on a Friday evening in-game.
It's now Sunday and his age bar indicates he's a Day 2 toddler with "Days till age up 7."
I checked the calendar which shows his birthday as the following Sunday. I'm confused that their toddler stage is 9 days long.

My questions:
(1) Is my heir's 9-day toddler stage a bug or have the age stages become variable? (If it isn't a bug, I shall of course wait for 9 days to cake them up.)
(2) If the 9-day toddler stage is a bug, may I be permitted to cake up my toddlers on the 7th day after I received their previous birthday notices (the following Friday)?

Edited to add:
I found this thread on the Official Forum. Is it true that the age stages are now of variable length?
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/943487/age-lengths-have-changed

Just wondering if The Team has any ruling on this and if we have to count our sims days out so everyone has the standard age lengths or just allow the game to randomize? tbh I haven't played with aging on for a very long time so wasn't aware of this.

Game Randomized Age in Sim Days According to OF Post:
Babies are still 2 days
Toddlers are 7-9 days
Children are 13-15 days
Teens are 13-15 days
Young adults are 22-25 days
Adults are 22-25 days
Elders are 9-12 days
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #174 on: October 07, 2019, 08:56:58 PM »
I think we have to let the game randomize, at least for most of the dynasty challenges. But that's my opinion. And in some of the challenges (Rival Dynasty and Life States, for example), you can age up when certain requirements are met.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #175 on: October 08, 2019, 11:30:19 PM »
So currently you have to wait for the Heir to reach YA before you can move them out, but it's possible to finish your requirements with the current generation long before that.  In the interest of not having to wait around 20+ days for a sim to age up to Young Adult between each generation, would it be possible to change the ruling on aging up the heir early, and allow it if and only if all requirements for the previous generation have been met?
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #176 on: October 09, 2019, 05:35:15 AM »
Just wondering if The Team has any ruling on this and if we have to count our sims days out so everyone has the standard age lengths or just allow the game to randomize?

I agree with Marian, Play -- let the game just randomize them. Forcing players to count days would kind of be a pain.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #177 on: October 09, 2019, 08:23:11 AM »
So currently you have to wait for the Heir to reach YA before you can move them out, but it's possible to finish your requirements with the current generation long before that.  In the interest of not having to wait around 20+ days for a sim to age up to Young Adult between each generation, would it be possible to change the ruling on aging up the heir early, and allow it if and only if all requirements for the previous generation have been met?

Teens only take about 2 weeks to age up, not 20 days. My own opinion is that the Dynasty challenges are not designed for players who enjoy min-maxing, but for players who like to develop their Sims. In the Sims 3 DecaDynasty Challenge, which this is partly similar to, players had to wait until their Sims became Adults before they could move out. But that's only my opinion. What do others say?

Offline LenaLJ

• Watcher
« Reply #178 on: October 09, 2019, 08:35:36 AM »
The dynasties are all made with different playstyles in mind. I dont think we should change any age up restrictions in this.
(I am the powerplayer that pushes as fast as possible through even though I know I must wait on the next generation to age up. Instead I use the extra teenage time to make my next generation better to handle their next tasks :) )

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #179 on: October 09, 2019, 09:05:26 AM »
Yeah, Dek, sorry, my friend, but I completely agree with Marian and Lena. Dynasties are about the long haul and being patient. Tournament challenges are short and sweet with things like aging up kids typically allowed. Plus, this Dynasty has been live now for more than a month with many players already deep into their files and stories. It's not really right to allow aging up at this point.

anything