Author Topic: Honey Money  (Read 6095 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Honey Money
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2019, 04:45:08 PM »
Thought this would be a fairly easy, yet challenging, challenge.  I totally do not understand how, why or what the heck I'm doing! :'(  Still trying to figure it out.  I know Honey Beeman must make for that only a measly $1,000 in two weeks.  (sigh)  Not giving up, just regrouping.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Elinoee

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2019, 04:55:21 PM »
Nice challenge,it made me discover some things that I didn't even know about bees and sale!

My sim ended up with $68212  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2019, 02:35:15 AM »
So ... um ... a Sim just died on my retail lot, what are my options for dealing with the urn? :o I've never had this happen before in a challenge so I'm asking here, not only for this challenge but regarding future ones too.

Offline sone

• Townie
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2019, 12:09:05 AM »
So ... um ... a Sim just died on my retail lot, what are my options for dealing with the urn? :o I've never had this happen before in a challenge so I'm asking here, not only for this challenge but regarding future ones too.

I had 5 deaths by the end, summer heatwave got 'em good.

Offline sdhoey

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2019, 07:03:12 AM »
Nothing in the rules for these one. You can either put it in your in your inventory and forget it or release the poor soul to the netherworld.

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2019, 07:30:03 PM »
My Sim amassed 31,575 simoleans by Sunday Week 3.
Cynthia

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2019, 08:03:25 AM »
A very nice person got me Seasons, Jungle Adventure and Fitness Stuff out of the blue, so I was able to give this a go. Thank you very nice person.

Bea Arthur (Bea rhymes with Bee) ended up with 28120 at 8am on MondaySunday of week 3.

Unlike the Sims 3 version of Seasons which I disliked immensely, I didn't mind this one too much.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2019, 12:15:55 AM »
Posted by: CynKuy« on: September 28, 2019, 07:30:03 PM My Sim amassed 31,575 simoleans by Sunday Week 3.

Posted by: Deklitch« on: September 29, 2019, 08:03:25 AM »Bea Arthur (Bea rhymes with Bee) ended up with 28120 at 8am on Monday of week 3.

I thought day 1 of week 3 would be Sunday? Can someone please clarify this for me? I'm nearing the end of week 2 in my game and I want to make sure I finish on the right day. I checked the calendar but it's not helping. :-\

Offline mismck

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2019, 05:54:16 AM »
Posted by: CynKuy« on: September 28, 2019, 07:30:03 PM My Sim amassed 31,575 simoleans by Sunday Week 3.

Posted by: Deklitch« on: September 29, 2019, 08:03:25 AM »Bea Arthur (Bea rhymes with Bee) ended up with 28120 at 8am on Monday of week 3.

I thought day 1 of week 3 would be Sunday? Can someone please clarify this for me? I'm nearing the end of week 2 in my game and I want to make sure I finish on the right day. I checked the calendar but it's not helping. :-\

Week 3 Day 1 is Sunday.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2019, 08:48:01 AM »
Bea Arthur (Bea rhymes with Bee) ended up with 28120 at 8am on Monday of week 3.

I did not even catch the "Monday" part of your post, Dek. Yeah, if you indeed did go an extra day...hmmmm. Ugh. :( Open up your file please, and double-check on that.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2019, 04:55:51 PM »
I'm really not sure how you figure out how much she, Honey Beeman, made, but on Sunday day 3 her household income was $27,997.  Nothing left in retail and a lot of honey cake left to sell.  Hope I did it right but nevertheless, I'm done.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2019, 05:17:50 PM »
You did it right, Joria...

Scoring

Your score is your Household Income at Week 3, Day 1, 8 a.m.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2019, 05:43:58 PM »
Actually, by this time I could see all I did wrong! lol

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2019, 05:46:12 PM »
It was definitely Sunday, I mistyped.

Sorry

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2019, 03:34:31 AM »
Sorry about that @Deklitch, something that happened in real life has got me anxious lately and when I get like that I question and double check everything. *Sigh* I wondered if it was just a typo, I'm glad that's all it was. I should really go and wrap my challenge up now. *Shuffles out sheepishly*

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2019, 05:43:18 AM »
I should really go and wrap my challenge up now. *Shuffles out sheepishly*

Hehe -- you have definitely proven yourself as a "heavy hitter" this year, Rainbow. I'll be curious how you do in this one. There's such a huge gap between 1st and 2nd right now.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2019, 07:14:20 AM »
Sorry about that @Deklitch, something that happened in real life has got me anxious lately and when I get like that I question and double check everything. *Sigh* I wondered if it was just a typo, I'm glad that's all it was. I should really go and wrap my challenge up now. *Shuffles out sheepishly*

No problem @Rainbow Dash I am pleased you asked. If you hadn't, and I had realised it myself much later, I would have felt awful. Anxiety is an awful thing, having suffered with it since at least my late 20s (and probably earlier) I know it well. You have my sympathy.

My work as an accountant and doing payruns that run Monday to Sunday makes me think of Monday as Day 1 and Sunday as Day 7. I almost always give my responses at least first to challenges that end on day 1 of a week as finishing on Monday, but normally pick up the error. I think in this case, it was a combo of it being late Sunday night/early Monday morning and me needing to go to bed to dream about financial statements that made me not pick it up before posting.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2019, 01:43:17 AM »
@sone Yikes, five deaths?! :o Makes me glad I only had the one in my game, I kept the urn in my Sim's inventory as I didn't want the ghost upsetting my customers. (Vlad already had that position filled, lol).

Posted by: Metropolis Man« on: October 01, 2019, 05:43:18 AM »Hehe -- you have definitely proven yourself as a "heavy hitter" this year, Rainbow. I'll be curious how you do in this one. There's such a huge gap between 1st and 2nd right now.

You really think so @Metropolis Man? That's really nice of you to say, thank you. :) I always think I can do better, I'm a Capricorn so go figure, I'm such a scrub, lol.

There are plenty of people here who are better at money making challenges than I am, not my strength I'm afraid but I practiced a lot for this one and I got off to a late start. (I waited to hear the teams ruling on something, I'm sure you can guess what it was, lol).

My little Honey Bee was a busy little bee, earning $135,250 in the end. :)

Offline crstasse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2019, 05:29:25 AM »
I actually had a go at this challenge.  I usually just lurk, and enjoying reading about the different challenges, but I thought this seemed quite easy and straight forward and I just might do okay at it.

My Sim had in her account by Week 3 Sunday 8am a total of $73,239

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2019, 06:26:31 AM »
Posted by: crstasse« on: Today at 05:29:25 AM »I actually had a go at this challenge.  I usually just lurk, and enjoying reading about the different challenges, but I thought this seemed quite easy and straight forward and I just might do okay at it.

My Sim had in her account by Week 3 Sunday 8am a total of $73,239

Is this your first tournament challenge @crstasse? Because if so, that's really impressive. :)

I can relate, I used to lurk around all the challenges for years, I used feel intimidated by all the rules but then I started reading every thread and became interested. I was so excited to see a Vampire challenge last year (I'm a huge occult/supernatural fan) I decided to jump in and I finally became a regular player this year.

I guess what I'm just to say is that you remind me of how I first got into these challenges, it's good to see someone come out of lurking and give it a go, I hope you stick around. :)

Offline Nandarelle

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2019, 06:16:50 PM »
Maja Debye made a total of § 50 142.

Offline crstasse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2019, 08:33:06 PM »
Thank you so much for making me feel welcome :) I really like challenges and play a lot of them just not in a competitive field like this, even though this is more fun competitive challenges I sometimes just get a bit overwhelmed by the rules.  I'm glad I gave this one a go. 

Your enthusiasm and positive comment really makes me want to continue with these challenges.  Thanks  :)

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2019, 02:30:08 AM »
Posted by: crstasse« on: October 02, 2019, 08:33:06 PM »Thank you so much for making me feel welcome :) I really like challenges and play a lot of them just not in a competitive field like this, even though this is more fun competitive challenges I sometimes just get a bit overwhelmed by the rules.  I'm glad I gave this one a go.

Your enthusiasm and positive comment really makes me want to continue with these challenges.  Thanks

Aw thanks you're welcome @crstasse, I'm the same, I also play in non competitive challenges and wanted to give these ones a go for a long time. I always practice and ask the Challenge Team a million questions, it helps to put the rules more in perspective for me and makes me feel a little more secure. Like you, I try to (Mostly) pick the ones I think are fun or I might be good at, it's a good way to ease into I think. Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. :)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2019, 08:08:58 AM »
This challenge ends Sunday night, so get those scores in soon.

Offline MarianT

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2019, 04:19:49 PM »
My Sim ended up with $44,780.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.