Author Topic: Restaurant Simpossible  (Read 11256 times)

Offline techiechick

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Restaurant Simpossible
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2019, 10:52:08 AM »

Just keep track of how many perk points you spend on each restaurant. That is their individual score. Unspent perk points that you would have by the time you sell your 5th restaurant would just be added to that restaurant's score. Does that make sense? Can anyone else explain how to do this better?

I understand now! Thank you. I think it'll be much easier just to track spent points and then tack on unspent points at the end.

I do still want to try out this challenge, have done a few practice runs and am feeling like I am getting the hang of restaurants a little bit.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2019, 12:31:02 PM »

Just keep track of how many perk points you spend on each restaurant. That is their individual score. Unspent perk points that you would have by the time you sell your 5th restaurant would just be added to that restaurant's score. Does that make sense? Can anyone else explain how to do this better?

I understand now! Thank you. I think it'll be much easier just to track spent points and then tack on unspent points at the end.

Exactly. :)

I do still want to try out this challenge, have done a few practice runs and am feeling like I am getting the hang of restaurants a little bit.

Awesome. Knock 'em dead. ;) I need to crank out my effort also this week.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2019, 06:59:04 PM »
@Metropolis Man I know I late, but yes, unspent perk points rollover. So I just keep track of the points I am spending.

Offline Sarleenia

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2019, 05:48:50 AM »
This was a fun challenge, despite all the (numerous!) bugs in my restaurants!

Total perk points: 21455
Star rating: 22.5/10 = 2.25

Total score: 48273

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2019, 05:53:32 AM »
This challenge ends Sunday night, so get those scores in soon.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2019, 04:29:02 PM »
Total Perk Points = 39420
Total Star Rating = 25/10 = 2.5
Total = 39420 X 2.5 = 98550

I did my best, given the extremely glitchy conditions. Half of the time no one wanted to work, no one wanted to check out :K

Online sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2019, 10:58:11 PM »
Total Perk Points = 17885
Total Star Rating = 20.5/10 = 2.05
Total = 17885 X 2.05 = 36,664

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Isabelalabe

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2019, 11:55:52 PM »
Restaurant is one of my favorite parts in the sims. This did take lots of patience as there were lots of glitch and I am proud to finish it.

Total perk points: 62265
Star rating: 25/10 = 2.5

Total score: 155662.5

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2019, 07:16:36 AM »
Finishing early this time. Who would have seen that comming right?
I do not like restaurants, there are still to many bugs to be had with them sadly. If not i would spend more time on them.

Score is:

Perk points: 38525
Star rating: 25/10 = 2,5

Total score: 96312

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2019, 03:20:20 PM »
"Man, your table is ready...Man...table for 6."

Recipe: "I'm glad that challenge is over. Time to go home."

Girly: "We just got here and our table is ready."

Sound: *starts playing the guitar* "Liberty, Liberty, Liberty...Lib-er-ty"

Sporty: "Recipe! The dining room is over here. You're walking into the kit--[CRASH!]."

Metropolis: *waves to the forum* "Hi, everybody."

Crazy: "For 9 years he unplugged us. Kicked us to the curb. Now, he thinks I'm going to open my mouth and say something profound. Parents, cover your children's ears. Mister, you have got this coming...Sul Sul!"

-----------

Perk Points: 21155
Star Rating: 2.10
Total = 44425

Offline mismck

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Townie
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2019, 08:32:51 PM »
That was way more fun than I thought it would be!!! Thank you Challenge Team for another great event!

Perk Points: 28,865
Star Rating: 2.50

Total: 72,163

Offline SueDenim

• Townie
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2019, 12:23:35 PM »
Sims 4 restaurants.
So realistic.
I can't count the number of times I've gone to a restaurant, gotten seated, immediately gotten up, wandered to the back to go dumpster diving, talked to my friends, broken a toilet in the bathroom, and stood in the corner for a while, then three hours later (after never returning to my chair or going near a waiter) complained about the wait times.

Tiana Grenouille, restaurateur, finished with
Star: 2.2
Perk points: 20475

Offline Nandarelle

• Townie
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2019, 06:58:54 PM »
Well, that went smoother at the beginning than at the end...

Stars / 10: 1.95
Perk points: 16870

Total: 32896

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2019, 07:27:21 AM »
This challenge is now closed. Everyone is free to discuss strategy and how they approached this event.

Congrats to Isabelalabe...quite a difference in perk points between 1st and 2nd place. It will interesting to hear how they got so many. Thanks to all participants.

Offline Isabelalabe

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2019, 09:13:22 AM »
I think the most important thing here is patience. Here are some things I did.
- My sim lives in restaurant. Usually, she opens the restaurant then take a nap when customers are being seated. Also, she frequently uses the potion (sleep replacement and Moodlet Solver) which she can afford from the Fortune Aspirations.
- I started with Hogans Burger Bar > Chez llama > Villa Bovine > Sunnyside Up Diner > L'attente Bistro. Generally I bought more expensive restaurants first so that I don't have to worry much about money. Bistro was last because I like its open space.
- The restaurant is open for a 11-12 hours shift and closed for 2-3 hours. I try to schedule so that it is open during the rush hour (10 am - 2 pm and 6 pm- 9pm)
- She only serve level two food and always use 25% organic ingredients to keep the customers happy. Also decoration is very important to get 5 star.
- I only hired young adult and adult, never elder and pay them well to keep them happy.
- It doesn't matter much whether I can hire the previous employees. I always train them and they will be good enough to get 5 stars in 3-4 shifts anyway. For the last restaurant where I spend most time with, employees are very good, chefs cook at fast speed and I used Fast Eaters to maximize the perks. 
- I sell the first four restaurants as soon as they reach 5 stars so that I can focus on just collecting perks on the last one. For the first four, I often comp food especially if there is only one customer. Welcome, check on table and prioritizing food are the must for all tables in every restaurant. 
- I found that recommending the dish cause glitch, so I often skip them. To avoid glitch, I have a strict schedule. My sims will check on table, welcome and prioritize food after the waiter got their order. After they got the food, she comp food. This means that in the last restaurant, I got a maximum of 25+25+25+25+35 = 135 perks per table.  Note that since the chefs are good, I sell higher level food with higher price to get money to comp food more.
- I always use Meal Rush and advertisement.
- Based on these strategies, it took less than 48 hours to get 5 stars and I got a few thousand perks per shift.