Author Topic: Bug with Art Society Tasks? [now includes clumsy workaround]  (Read 2348 times)

Offline craterdweller

• Nooboo
Bug with Art Society Tasks? [now includes clumsy workaround]
« on: November 18, 2019, 02:18:14 PM »
My sim made it to level 2 in the art society, but she is no longer getting credit for completing tasks (ie take 5 photos, complete a surrealism painting). Anyone else seeing similar? I've cleared my cache files, restarted the game and am currently running repair. (I also had a glitch where my Sim would no longer use bed/couch even if they were on the brink of passing out - a restart of the game fixed that issue). I'm beginning to wonder if I should start a new game...

Oh - and I have no mods installed.

Clumsy workaround I discovered
If stuck from advancing in a society try the following:

Travel to one of the clubs scheduled events. Make sure there are club members present and that it shows as such in the bubble with their name (Art Society Member etc). Leave the club. Then ask to rejoin. You won't lose any progress you've already made but it will start making the tasks work again.

Note: I tried leaving the Society from my Sims house (she lives at home in Willow Creek) and there were no members or even easels at the event. When i used the phone to contact/bring one of the members to the lot - they did not have the Art Society member designation under their name - so I couldn't rejoin. Luckily I hadn't saved. Next I traveled to the events and waited until I spied with my own eyes the club members and easels.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Bug with Art Society Tasks?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 04:40:44 PM »
I haven't seen these bugs and I really can't offer any other solutions than those you have already mentioned. I guess if the bugs are still there after repairing your game maybe go make a bug report.

Sometimes particular game saves do get bugged and starting a new game helps but I guess ultimately these sorts of bugs need a developers fix.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline craterdweller

• Nooboo
Re: Bug with Art Society Tasks?
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 08:23:07 PM »
@Playalot  - Thanks. I added a reply to an existing bug thread on the EA Answers HQ forum. Seems like at least a few others have had a similar issue.

EDIT: I've discovered a rather clumsy workaround after many tries-

If stuck from advancing in a society try the following:

Travel to one of the clubs scheduled events. Make sure there are club members present and that it shows as such in the bubble with their name (Art Society Member etc). Leave the club. Then ask to rejoin. You won't lose any progress you've already made but it will start making the tasks work again.

Note: I tried leaving the Society from my Sims house (she lives at home in Willow Creek) and there were no members or even easels at the event. When i used the phone to contact/bring one of the members to the lot - they did not have the Art Society member designation under their name - so I couldn't rejoin. Luckily I hadn't saved. Next I traveled to the events and waited until I spied with my own eyes the club members and easels.